• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model texture doesnt display ingame (mod. bliz. phoenix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello Hive,

i'm trying to edit blizzards phoenix model because i need a purple phoenix for my map. Therefore i use War3 Model Editor.
As the model looks acceptable right now i just tried to import it but it doesnt work properly ingame.
Egg and portrait are just fine, what i miss is the phoenixes texture. Particles are created though.
The texture seems to be int he right place (the path i imported it to) because if i change the path or rename the texture the model doesnt display at all.
Here are two picture of the model, once ingame and once in the Model Editor. The model itself is attached as well.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: I know as much about modeling as this guy here :vw_wtf: (which means nothing) this is my first modeling try and probably its super sloppy. If you have any suggestions how to solve this problem then please explain in detail :D I dont think i will understand you otherwise.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Phoenix ingame.jpg
    Phoenix ingame.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Phoenix model editor.jpg
    Phoenix model editor.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 107
  • phoenix.zip
    382.4 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.