• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Museum of Callahan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update!
See first page
36547d1219763849-model-museum-callahan-archaeologist1.jpg

Hehe. Reminds me of the mole characters from Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie.

Great model edit!

Level 8
Wow... WOW!!! These models are AMAZING!!! How can you make so amazing and large amount of models? You are the best model maker I've ever seen! Very nice!

A scratch model WIP

This the first model I made entirely from scratch.
I made it in Vertex modifier plane by plane (well just the half and I cloned mirrored it).
It's a creature with a fork and knife for weapon.It wear a towel around his neck.It has a big mouth.It will have a big tongue but not made yet.
It's a WIP I might improve it.
It will have custom animation.
I probably use ingame textures for it.
The idea is to make a monster that eat a lot so it's always dinner time for him.
If I finish it I will release it.
Do you like it?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fredy1.jpg
    Fredy1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 263
  • FredyWF.jpg
    FredyWF.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 261
Finished unwrap

I've finished the unwrap.It's considered as a rider unit because there's a bird on his head =D.
And the with part is not a beard it's a rag,he's going to dinner.
It's ingame textures.Blue bracers one ankle and wrist are TC.
Now I need to rig and animate.
attachment.php

Attachments

• FredyUVMapped.jpg
    FredyUVMapped.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 474
Level 5
Everybody seems thrilled in here haha, nice energy.
I got to say, very nice work, seems like you have a great passion for modelling.

I got to say I think you are very aspiring.
You have a sertain energy that seems to feed on me. :)

Have you gone to modelling courses/classes?, or any kind of help or do you work on you'r own?
If you work on you'r own it would be great to see you start a course so you can improve even more, and if you have gone to it, there is a lot out there to still be learn'd and taked in.

Think about it, your models could be known all over to be more than just amazing, which is huge already. (A)

Yah,, and really really nice model's I could have a great use of many of em.
Keep up the work, make a lot, I love to see when people increase skill.

/hugs :D

Level 5
Thanks I'm glad to know I have a happiness aura o_O
No I didn't went to modeling courses/classes.
Just did geomerge with few part made from scratch and a lot of SFX to practise.
With few skill and common sense I manage to make my first scratch model.
I plan to get real modeling tools one day.

Very cool, do that :)
merry x-mas <3

Level 12
I'm still drooling over that big dog model. God. The oversized jaw and collar are too good.

Don't forget to make sure the Street Shark has a BURROW.

Actualy I exagerated a bit.It's an overall estimation since the model took me about 1 weeks to complete.I just know the mesh took me 2 days and anims 4 days with 1 day break till I got motivation to do the most annoying part :rigging
But time spent on making anims is random It can be 10 min to 1.5 hour if I encounter trouble.And a lot of time waste in cnp'ing keyframes.
And bear in mind that I was learning at the same time so I had to discover myself how to make a waving motion,reproduce gravity, interaction with other body part (like the dorsal fin), fix feet sliding etc....
Well the art of knowing to place the right keyframe to the right bone at the right time.
e.g I'm currently working on a very fat model and I have to learn how to reproduce fat behavior (shaking,flander motion etc).
But once I know it.It doesn't takes me more than 10 min to reproduce same effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.