• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Return to "Heroes of Azeroth"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
So back before I quit modding for this site, I made several RPG models which I referred to as my "Heroes of Azeroth" project. Basically, it was a small attempt at bringing some of the WoW races to WC3, as well as a few from other franchises. I've decided to return to this project, and here are my current goals:
-Recreate the original models to be more unique, look better and have greater texture detail, have better animations that match the type of character and don't look incredibly awkward (like the way my elven model turned out, lol) and give them all both melee and ranged animations.
-Change it so that they are not all based on the same original model (the blademaster). While it was a useful model, there were a lot of issues (such as the fact that it's feet look like big wooden blocks).
-Create new models based on the WoW races, and maybe more.
-Create both male and female versions, at least for those that fit both genders. I have yet to see a female ogre, so I probably won't do that, but you get the idea.

SO, throughout my time doing this, I'm open to suggestions. That doesn't mean that I will definitely take every single suggestion into consideration, but I'm hoping to create models that everyone can use and enjoy, so getting other people to contribute their ideas might help.
I'm going to start off by redoing my human male hero. I've already started work on this, but I've hit a bit of a stump, in that I'm not satisfied with his current attire, but I can't come up with anything better because my creativity is a bit slow at the moment XD. Here's what he looks like so far:
HM.png
HMPortrait.png

So like I said, I want to give more detail to the skins, and part of that is obviously making it less blurry and more defined. Any other ideas how to make him look better? Right now his clothes just aren't all that interesting, even if he's just sort of a villager type character...

I also may or may not add alternate skins for each of my models, but they will only be submitted as skins instead of new models. If I recall correctly, there's a tutorial somewhere on wc3campaigns.net that shows how to use different skins on the same model in the map editor. I haven't tested it out yet, but I'm sure it's handy, and probably saves some space.
So anyway, glad to be working on this again! I'm hoping you guys will be able to have fun with these models as I continue to work on and post them. If anyone wishes to use any of them in their maps, I'd like to be informed of this so I can see how people are using them. :)
Thanks!

Edit: I've been going through a bunch of the comments about my models, and apparently people are getting a lot of errors, for example some people have trouble getting the model to work ingame, or the attachments are weird. So I'm gonna try extra hard to correct problems like that in the process of making these models.
Below is a list of what I currently plan on doing. As I get started on working these, I'll update this post with pictures and comments of my progress with each of them.

List of upcoming models:
Human, Nightelf, Dwarf, Highelf, Worgen, Draenei, Gnome, Orc, Undead, Troll, Tauren, Goblin, Bloodelf.

I'm also considering Mok'Nathal, Eredar, Panderan, Satyr, Unbroken, and a few other possibilities, but I haven't decided anything with those yet.

Last edited:
first of all get rid of the seam on his forehead :p
otherwise i think its okay for a npc...

you should gibe the west a sort of pattern or something, its just plain brown and add more wrinkles to the pants and you are probably almost done..

also u might want to push vertices around a bit more, especially in the face area to make it look less like arthas!

Level 14
So I've encountered another stump that perhaps you guys can help me with. I definitely want to widen his hips a little, but the problem is that his torso and his upper legs are two different geosets. Does anyone know how I can merge them together while still keeping the legs attached to the right bones?

Status
Not open for further replies.