• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NarGalloth WIPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.

Well, as I recently started modeling and texturing, I would like to open this thread to show my work. Most of the models I'll show through this thread will be specifically made for my proyect, "Monster Slayer".

Basicly, I was already tired of using other people's models and textures all the time. The graphics of my proyect were not unique at all. So, I started modeling my own stuff. I hope I can get feedback and comments from you.

This is my very first low-poly model. These things are the first enemies the player will face in my proyect. Before starting at modeling, I was using the default Blizzard treant, but it looked soooo horrible to me... The Warcraft III style it's too cartoonish. So, what do you think about this one?
wip01l.jpg

In the 1.1 version of the model, I removed the awful leaves it had before. I used a different shape of leaf, spread over different parts of the body.
wip02s.jpg

wip03.jpg

Well, this is not really a praying mantis, but I named it like that because I made it based on a mantis. It's supposed to be some kind of giant forest insect.
These things will be, like the Treant, among the first enemies to kill. So, they are rather weak.
wip01q.jpg

wip02.jpg

I decided to completely remake the mantis. I noticed that the previous one looked absolutely horrible. However, I made that ugly thing without any kind of reference. THis time, I drew myself a reference for the creature, and I think it turned out quite good.
wip03k.jpg

wip04b.jpg

Here you have the almost finished version of the mantis, with textures. Unless some change is needed, I think this will probably be the version used in the game.
wip05l.jpg

COMING SOON: Warg (A wolf-like monster).

I'm looking forward to hearing your comments!

Regards

Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks for your comment!
Please, could you at least point what parts of the wrap seem more distorted/bugged/blurred to you? You're probably talking about the joints between the different parts of the body, but you could also be talking about the entire model... What parts do you see worst wrapped?

Regards

Level 9
Thank you for your comments, guys.
I updated the first post with new pictures of the Treant.

Is this custom texture? If yes, then I think the wood texture itself lacks shadow. For example, you can add darker color below the waist part.

Yeah, I know. I'm still working on the texture.

remove the leaves on his chest and place them on his lower legs.

I removed the leaves, as you said. I placed a new shape of leaf on the legs, and reduced the amount of leaves on the chest. I also spread some smaller leaves over other parts of the body. Is it better now?

Regards

Level 9
I use 3DS Max 9.

By the way, I updated the main post with a pair of pictures of my second model, still in very early development. I only have the mesh for now, but I'm not very convinced with it yet, so I want to receive some feedback from you, to refine it before adding UVWs and making the textures.

Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.