• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mineral Wars: Goblins and Kobolds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
You need to add the JASS line one line before you Pick Units In Group.

That means you need to put one in front of every unit group action, not just one at some random part of the map.

Locations must be set to a variable and destroyed after you are done with it (usually at the end of the trigger). Use
call RemoveLocation(udg_Var)
Replace Var with the name of the variable.

Hope you get well soon :D

Level 27
Thanks zack :) When the beta's ready i'l do all the leaks.

And... Welcome back RBE! :D
Glad to see you!
And as the first post says: The more testers the better.
If ya wanna join, i'l sign you up. :)

In other news:
I'm now all settled again.
Work on the map continuing.

Level 27
Well, the one's i've talked with about it called it a "Resource Fight".
But i'm not sure what to call it myself. :p

EDIT: Hrmpf.
I have to do some stuff on my computer that'l leave me unable to do editing for atleast a couple of days.
So, i've finished the basic terrain and i'l be sending it to you Flat.
I'l finish the triggers when you're done with the terrain then. (I'l do the terraining for the mining camps myself.)
I hope that blends in with your plans flat. :S

Level 27
allright! Newsies!
I've gotten back to the triggering, and the caravan system is working.
I still need to make the other mining camps and transfer the systems to them too.

Also: Currently the caravan has NO GUARDS and i very fragile.
If you want it safe, you can ofcourse guard it yourself, or BUY some guards!

So, coming up next is the helper hiring systems and hero upgrading.

Level 5
Hey, I like the idea, and i have some system ideas, if you want I can send them to you in a basic GUI form (if I try to describe them Ill make them sound bad). Also, Id like to help testing.

Level 5
Well, I'm afraid ill make them sound stupid, but Ok:

Base capture: I know you already did this, but I have a different idea not involving combat. Once a flag is placed in a base, your hero has 10 seconds to come into the base. If they don't come in time, a dialog box pops up where each player can post res 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, and 500 at a time. For each res posted you get a bonus chance of winning. After both players click done or 1 min the winner is decided by putting the chances together and and picking the winner (example: p1 - 1200 res p2 - 1000 res, p1 has 1200/2200 chance of winning, p2 has a 1000/2000 chance). The positives of this are that if p1 has a way stronger hero than p2, it doesn't necessarily mean he get the base (although he gets a higher chance if he risks more res). Also, this would take res out of the game, as all res bet dissapears. This would make the game longer if not using a current res/res in all system, or if betting with res in all.

Multi-layer caves: Would have tunnels leading up and down to go to different floors, only 3 floors in all or something, the main camp would be in the middle.

Tunneler: Can tunnel through small walls, not thick walls though, and doesn't make new tunnels. A unit.

Buried treasure: Hidden items and res only a special very expensive unit can find, not all over the map, only in a couple of areas.

Cave in: I saw someone else had this idea after I posted.

Giant worm: The opposite of cave in, would dig new tunnels.

Flooding: A random event, would flood large areas of the map (not bases), making it unable for most but not all units to come past. Only hero's and special aquatic units that are weaker than normal units would be able to come past. Units in the area receive a warning, and then have 30 sec to get out of the area before being destroyed.

Mold growth: Another random event, makes a random base unusable and uncapturable for a short time. Can also be made into a bomb by players.

Rock monster: A mini-boss, a slight chance to be dug up when mining res, would require a hero or several guards to destroy, and a lot of time. High health, low damage, low speed.

Earthquake: Another random event, splits the map in two for a short time with a crack, would slowly grow together. Unable to happen in bases, and units are just pushed to the side by it. Can also by made into a bomb by players, however direction is random.

Yes, I like random events. :infl_thumbs_up:

I have a couple more, mostly random events though. :grin:

Level 5
Which ones? I want to get to work on a basic version of them to show dragonson, they look better than they sound. At least in my head

Level 27
Hmm... those are indeed good.
+Rep for that.

Some of them though i would prefer saving for later, when the beta's out. ;)

I'l be keeping my current capture system, for now, but if it turns out shitty we can have a look at yours. :)

Random events if DEFENETELY something we'l have to look into.
Not right now, but abit later.

For the rest of them: I'l be thinking them through.
If i can get them to fit into the game mechanics, i'l get back to you and we can talk about developing them further. :)

Level 5
Ok, thanks. I never thought they would all be in beta, they were just some ideas to be put out there. If you want, I can work on the new capture system or some of the random events, I have nothing to do the next few weeks, then I can send them when their done and you can put them in. And just tell me if you want a basic version of any of them to see.

Level 7
random event ideas: HUman invasion, some humans come in and randomly roam around the map until killed, attacking anyone they see.

Gold rush, if someone finds treasure than theres a chance some human miners(dont do much damage) come in to steal/mine around they map for X amount of time or until killed.

Level 27
@grygon
pretty much all of them.
exept for the flooding one. i'm not sure if i can get that one to work. :S
And really: Just make alot of random events. I'l just see how many of them i can use. ^^

@Mouseman89
Nice. We could look into that one too.
Though maybe it should be some undead skirmishers instead?

Level 5
Ok will do, Ill upload them as I finish.

EDIT: My world editor keeps crashing every couple of minutes, it may be a while, also can I have what you got now so I can put the rock monster in the rocks and so on?

Status
Not open for further replies.