• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Arena] Manic Miners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10

Sabertooth_X Presents...
Manic Miners
FfHjUIo.png

Gold Mining Battle Arena
3-6 Players Recommended​

What is Manic Miners?
Manic Miners is a 3-6 player battle arena with a focus on collecting the most gold.
I am also contemplating the validity of team-modes, as I don't see why that's not a good idea yet.

The Basics
There are six (Human, Orc, Draenei, Kobold, and two hidden) races of miners,
with the possibility of many more.

Each player starts with a random miner, and then multiple 30 (number subject to change) second rounds occur. You mine the ore around you for gold, or can attack your opponents to steal some of their gold. Some Miners are focused on harvesting, while others are 'designed' to be sneaky buggers.

At the end of each round, you can choose to 'cache' half of your gold.
It basically keeps that amount of gold safe for one round, then gives it back
to you the round after that. The winner is the person who after X number of rounds
has the most gold, or has the most gold when the quarry has dried up.

Power-Ups & The Zeppelin Guy
Soon to be implemented are various types of tiers of Power-Ups that have a chance to spawn when a rock is destroyed. The rock size determines the tier, and the chance to spawn will be decent. Some ideas for Power-Ups are one-shot uses of a race's innate ability, a gold boost, increased gold-steal, doubling your cache, etc.

As for the Zeppelin Guy, he'll come fly by in random rounds to random spots on the map and attempt to sell his wares. You can only buy these wares with disposable non-cached gold, but they will be worth it. Items will either passively augment things such as speed, attack speed, attack damage, gold mining abilities, provide special abilities or auras, etc.

Open to other suggestions
Manic Miners is in very, very early development. As such, nothing is too set in stone,
and I'm welcome to general gameplay suggestions. Things like tuning races can be addressed later,
and I'd rather leave the current 6 alone to focus on developing other aspects of the game.

If you've any of these types of suggestions, send a message my way! I'd love to talk.

Testing / Screenshots?!
Once the rounds system is properly implemented, I'll take some in-game screenshots while testing the map. If you'd like to be involved in the testing, send me a message!

The Race Rundown

Human -- The Human Miner mines at an average speed.
His innate ability is a passive chance to stun an opponent
on hit.

Orc -- The Orc Miner mines at an average speed.
His innate ability causes him to be invincible for a short amount of time.

Draenei -- The Draenei Miner mines at a below-average speed.
His innate ability places a defensive totem that protects and/or assists in mining.

Kobold -- The Kobold Digger mines at an average speed.
His innate ability allows him to stealth and speed-up for a short period of time.

??? -- Below-average attack speed.

??? -- Average attack speed.

Screenshots
manic1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.