• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Miners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
attachment.php

Three brave miners decided to find some gold inside a huge cave, but they had no idea what will happen to them. They were all professional miners, but each of them was a professional in his own way...

GOBLIN - is a professional explosionist. You'd better keep away from his "little presents", or you'll be teared to pieces. He is also a master of defence. He can make stationary turrets and other usefull staff to hold enemies away from your camp. And he loves rockets. He's mad about them.

*Kobold - skillfully wielding a pickaxe, this berserk can smash any foe, if he gets enraged. He respects his brothers and tries to settle close to other kobolds. He can also craft some interesting aromor or weapon for his teammates.

Gnome - is a professional engeneer. He crumbles rocks with his tanks and augers, so he's best in driving. If he has enough materials - he can update his tanks and make them even more deadly.

*At first the path seemed easy and calm, rocks were soft and full of gold and metal. Meter by meter, they were digging deeper. Kobold saw sand pours from the ceiling, but he did not pay attention to it. Suddenly the ceilling cracked - it was a caving. Companions ran up and pulled Kobold from the piles of stones and clay. They examined him, fortunately he was alive, it was just a large piece of clay that fell on him and knocked him out. Kobold was quickly brought to life with the help of the defibrilliator.

*****After a short rest, they kept going. But the deeper they dug, the more they met underground spiders. Rocks became stronger and more difficult to crack. Stone by stone, they advanced, and finally they found their first gold mine. Just after gathering it, Gnome noticed an unusual monster, that looked like a scorpion. It attacked miners, and brave Kobold rushed to the beast without thinking. Just a few deadly strikes, and a monster was defeated, but it was just one one of the thousands disturbed cave creatures.

*****Suddenly everything shook and rattled in the mine, as if there was a doomsday. All was still as fast as it began. Brave miners look around and found the way back was gone. They were caged deep underground. And no one would come and rescue them, so they had to dig deeper to find the way out. And that's when you come to help them with doing that.

=========================================================
This project is a defence/melee/survival/tag map with lots of interesting features.
  • All the players are divided into two teams: Spiders (2 players) an miners (9 players).

• The aim of miners is to destroy the Gates and to escape the cave.

• The aim of spiders is not to let miners to escape the cave
  • Destoying rocks will give both teams resourses and experience to the main hero, so you should dig more to become strong enough to win.

• 3 different heroes for miners and 3 different heroes for spiders. Each of them has it's unique tactics and abilities, which will help you to achieve victiry.

Miners:

attachment.php
    - Gnome

attachment.php
    - Goblin

attachment.php
    - Kobold

Spiders:

attachment.php
    - Arachnid

attachment.php
    - Nerubian

attachment.php
    - Tarantula

• Feel the power of teamplay! NOONE can survive alone. Be a real team - and you'll get what you want. Share gold, metal and items. You should help each other to survive.

• And many other interesting things.

=========================================================
The project Miners is 100% ready, and the translation of it from Russian is completed. Feel free to play and comment (especially on my grammar). My English is not perfect, so if you find a better way to translate something in the map - please contact me.
I'm always on Skype (Diazz0229), so it would be better if you contact me there. Or just PM me on Hive.

Supported by map-making Guild: Goblin Workshop

DOWNLOAD =========> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps.php?p=download&id=25nlho&toast=bb8a8102b149b7cf44daea8e0a4415e8&dateline=1364726101

Attachments

• Miners.JPG
    Miners.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 505
  • icon_Arahnid.jpg
    icon_Arahnid.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 672
  • icon_Gnom.jpg
    icon_Gnom.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 703
  • icon_Goblin.jpg
    icon_Goblin.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 674
  • icon_Kobold.jpg
    icon_Kobold.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 669
  • icon_Nerubian.jpg
    icon_Nerubian.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 689
  • icon_Tarantul.jpg
    icon_Tarantul.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 674
  • 13014683.jpg
    13014683.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 6,011
  • 37813767.jpg
    37813767.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 6,033
  • 38820347.jpg
    38820347.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 6,086
Last edited:
Level 30
Very interesting project with many types. The introduction quite gives me the idea of the game and the terrain is fine but don't try to spam the Rock Chunks quite a lot... use other rocks and maybe make them bigger. Also, if you are trying to make a Mine terrain, add some Mine Cart, some Cart railways, different caves leading to different places in the mine. Still, this is an interesting project, +REP!

Level 6
Also, if you are trying to make a Mine terrain, add some Mine Cart, some Cart railways, different caves leading to different places in the mine.

Thanks, but the question of a landscape is quite interesting here)) Those rock chunks - are the terrain itself. When the game starts - the whole map is covered by those rocks. And the aim of miners - is to dig through them to the other side of the map. If spiders are good players - it wouldn't be so easy for miners, as it seems.

Level 30
Thanks, but the question of a landscape is quite interesting here)) Those rock chunks - are the terrain itself. When the game starts - the whole map is covered by those rocks. And the aim of miners - is to dig through them to the other side of the map. If spiders are good players - it wouldn't be so easy for miners, as it seems.

Oh, I see that's why you used Rock Chunks because they death animation right? But still I prefer you to add the items, MIne Carts, railways and different caves leading to different parts of the cave because this way, it will make your terrain more of a mine! GJ on this, BTW!:thumbs_up:

Level 6
It's not a mine) It's inside a mountain. And those miners are first humanoids who came there. BTW I've got one more Guild project registered here - Goblin Survival (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/goblin-survival-226264/). And you can see there screenshots of a mine landscape. Hope you'll like it, cause everything you've mentioned above is made on our landscape there))

Level 6
Guys, I really need some help in translation this map into English)) I don't know how to translate some things, so that everyone could understand them. This stops the process of translation and of getting the map ready for release. And I need some help at the moment I have a problem - so it would be great if you contact me with Skype.

Level 6
C'mon guys, please)) I just need one person with good english to consult me whether my discriptions of units are correct or wrong. It won't take long time =( Or I'll start asking questions in this threat and it will be a mess)

Level 2
I'd love to, besides the fact that I don't understand any Russian and I might not be online everyday...

Level 6
The map is translated on 70%. Now I need Beta-testers with good English. Most bugs and mistakes have been already found while testing Russian version of the map, so Beta-testers should just play and report me any grammatical mistakes in discriptions. Playable map will be ready in 2 days and I'm hoping for your help at least in testings.

Level 6
I've finished translating the map into English, and now I need some testers to check for grammar mistakes in the map, while playing. Summon Grammar Nazi! =D
But first of all I need someone to correct any mistakes you can find in this text, that will be written on the loadscreen:

Description
A group of miners are trying to escape out of the cave, full of cave spiders.
They will be able to escape only if they will have a real teamplay against spiders.

Miners
Your task is to get to the other side of the map, break the door and get out of the cave.
To survive, proceed smoothly, try to be a valuable member of your team using special abilities of your race.
If all miners die - you lose.

Cave spiders
Your task is not to allow miners to leave the cave and to kill them.
To achieve this aim, you'll have to use all the structures and units available for your hero. Use him wisely, but don't be afraid of him being dead. You can always revive him.
If miners break the Gates - you lose.

Our team
MadCat
Sidri
ThD.Rizer
Translation into English.
Diazz0229

Btw, plz, somebody teach me how to use spoilers here =)

Level 2
Revision

I'll directly revise this (Revisions in bold)

Description
A group of miners are trying to escape out of the cave, full of cave spiders.
They will only be able to escape only if they will have a real teamwork against the spiders.

Miners
Your task is to get to the other side of the map, break the door and get out of the cave.
To survive, proceed smoothly, try to be a valuable member of your team using the special abilities of your race.
If all miners die, you lose.

Cave Spiders
Your task is not to allow miners to leave the cave and to kill them.
To achieve this aim, you'll have to use all the structures and units available for your hero. Use him wisely, but don't be afraid of him being dead. You can always revive him.
If the miners break the Gates - you lose.

Our team
MadCat
Sidri
ThD.Rizer
Translation into English.
Diazz0229

Level 6
Hey, your maps allways have a quet good gameplay, but unfortunately landscape is awfully flat. Tinted cobblestones look just bad too.

такая хуйня

Poor you, our maps are based on good gameplay, and in such type of maps landscape is not needed. Where we need a landscape - we make it best (look through my albums). You would guess it if you'd read the discription or other comments.
не переноси сюда уебищный ХГМ-стайл

Now I need 3 more beta testers. The map will be uploaded here after the first beta test, that would be approved.

Last edited:
Level 6
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.