• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Happy nyu year everynyan... at least to those people who haven't been mutilated by illegal firecrackers. Hurray for the survivors! Another good year to atatatata!

2015 is the year where Hive upgrades from vBulletin to XenForo.
<3
Congrats to ~Nightmare for having his icon used.
Night Elf theme looks okay, but it needs some overhauls and updates. Maybe make leaves change color during Autumn to Orange? Winter - More pale(just as it is now) but with snow. Summer - default green..
This, I vote for seasonal colors.

Level 5
<3
Congrats to ~Nightmare for having his icon used.This, I vote for seasonal colors.

Well....
I agree that there should be seasonal colors, but I want to add something to it.
I believe autumn should be more of orange and yellow variations, winter should be more of dark and snow since the leaves will be dead / gone, for spring it should be bright green, and for summer it should be the color variation we have right now. :grin:

Level 34
And today is Orthodox Christmas Eve (as we call it here Badnji dan)!
Its common here that we eat today meatless food, to have badnjak (yule, oak) into house which is believed to bring luck to whole family. The most interesting thing is, during night and dinner, we put money-metal coil somewhere in home made bread. And everyone took one piece of bread and search for coin, whoever finds it, it is believed that it will bring him additional fun.
From tomorrow we have three days of Christmas. So, guys, celebrate holidays with family and have nice time.

Level 20
Regarding no eating meat it is because today is the last day of great Christmas fasting (post). It lasts from 28th November till 6th January for those that use Julian calender. Gregorian and Revised Julian would be 15st November till 24th December.

The coin thing I actually do on Christmas. Also for me coin represents good wealth this year, corn good harvest this year and dren seed (Cornus mass, google it) is good health.

Oh and only non revised Julian calender using churches celebrate Christmas on 7th, not all orthodox. Jerusalem, Russia, Serbia, Macedonia, Georgia and Ukraine. The more you know!

Level 34
VeljkoM, yeah, its just that I type that each year, so I am lazy again. You forgot Montenegro. But yeah, those are all churches (mean that one church can count several countries under jurisdiction)

According to wikipedia
,,Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Serbia, Montenegro, the Republic of Macedonia, and the Republic of Moldova celebrate Christmas on what in the Gregorian calendar is January 7. Eastern Orthodox Churches in Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Antioch, Alexandria, Albania, Finland, and the Orthodox Church in America celebrate Christmas on December 25 in the revised Julian calendar, corresponding to December 25 also in the Gregorian calendar."

Level 20
Ups yeah Montenegro too. Though the list you are showing I believe is when Christmas celebrated, I don't think Ethipoia actually uses Julian Calender. Also funny how that Revised Julian Calender was made by Milutin Milankovic and yet Serbian Church is one of the churches that still rejects.

Level 34
Its today! Christmas, days of peace, gifts, good atmosphere, tons of food and drink, happiness in each family.
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate around the world today!

Драги народе, мир божији, Христос се роди! Срећан Божић!

glitte10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.