• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medivh the corrupted

I hv read an novel about the the Medivh the corrupted
the story is kinda cool
so I decide to made him in wc3...
hope u guys would like...
and special thx for Grey knight for helping me fixed some file size promblem here...

Updated
staff holding position
cloak colour
Moustache remake
Add custom skin
bottom change
No texture need
Black smoke bug fix
Staff will glow only when his attack...

Keywords:
The Last Guardian,
Magus,
The Prophet,
The Accursed,
The Oracle,
Master Mage of Karazhan,
(the) Old Man
Contents

Medivh the corrupted (v16) (Model)

Medivh the corrupted (v16) (Model)

Reviews
10:28, 10th Jan 2016 Misha: that is definitely not Medivh, or his younger, corrupted self.. try to make it more to how he was actually described, and also make him much much more different than default war3 medivh and no mustaches, that's an order...

M

10:28, 10th Jan 2016
Misha: that is definitely not Medivh, or his younger, corrupted self.. try to make it more to how he was actually described, and also make him much much more different than default war3 medivh
and no mustaches, that's an order :b

alright, approved, just try to make his staff not clip with him in some anims, and i'll up the rating

Roland

R

Roland

That's just so sick. I love it.
EDIT: Although the Blood Mage animations isn't fitting for this guy.

Level 34
That's just so sick. I love it.
EDIT: Although the Blood Mage animations isn't fitting for this guy.
Dude don't noe how to fix tat... @@ I hv no idea how to transfer animation...

It is mostly the attack-3 animation that is a bit problematic, but everything else looks good. You could say that for a guy taht has an epic staff, he doesn't like to use it a lot. But that is not really a problem, haha.

U right I just hope someone would like to help me wif tat...XD
(because the guy love his staff XDDD)
That model has definitly potential. It's a good start but there are many more things that can be done.

The animations are basically not bad. But there has to be done something with the staff. I love the simple look if it. It might even be enough t move the cape a bit more to the right so the staff doesn't stick through it.

I'd also definitly look for another texture for his body, considering as his cape is already darker (and it looks good!), a bit darker textures for his body would be really nice. A few added polies and you can make a fine wrap (go crazy!)

Kinda in love with the mustage, kinda hte it. It looks a bit too fake, maybe you can do something there.

A few simple animation edits so the staff doesn't look to glued on could work wonders too.

Alrite Thx :)

I love it when warcraft lore finds it's place in wc3 model section!

I love his looks. Speaking of moustache - i think in terms of canon they are not fitting. He kinda is supposed to be younger at point in time when he gets possessed, right? They look fancy though.
7_Medivh-the-Corrupted.jpg

I think replacing the moustaches with a proper beard could do the trick.

Speaking of technical details - as stated above, the staff needs some animation job to it. I think - you could remove attack-3 all together and move his cape alittle. That's the easy way. If you need help with animations you can ask me - i help out model-makers of hive with animations from time to time.

I realy love his chest mesh and the way it looks with his cape. The way you created this unque color and look of it is very interesting. The problem is - from ingame camera, the only thing that one could see is his cape and stuff. Maybe there is something you could do with it, how do you think?

I'd say 4\5 or something. Great job.

Also, i love the update of priestess of elune. That gradient thing on her back looks fantastic. Hate the particles it spawns though. But nevertheless, gradient makes it look fabulous. Maybe you could ask the modes to improve it's rating now?

Well thx! XDDD Im gonna need ur help with this!

Last edited:
Level 51
That model has definitly potential. It's a good start but there are many more things that can be done.

The animations are basically not bad. But there has to be done something with the staff. I love the simple look if it. It might even be enough t move the cape a bit more to the right so the staff doesn't stick through it.

I'd also definitly look for another texture for his body, considering as his cape is already darker (and it looks good!), a bit darker textures for his body would be really nice. A few added polies and you can make a fine wrap (go crazy!)

Kinda in love with the mustage, kinda hte it. It looks a bit too fake, maybe you can do something there.

A few simple animation edits so the staff doesn't look to glued on could work wonders too.

Level 34
I love it when warcraft lore finds it's place in wc3 model section!

I love his looks. Speaking of moustache - i think in terms of canon they are not fitting. He kinda is supposed to be younger at point in time when he gets possessed, right? They look fancy though.
7_Medivh-the-Corrupted.jpg

I think replacing the moustaches with a proper beard could do the trick.

Speaking of technical details - as stated above, the staff needs some animation job to it. I think - you could remove attack-3 all together and move his cape alittle. That's the easy way. If you need help with animations you can ask me - i help out model-makers of hive with animations from time to time.

I realy love his chest mesh and the way it looks with his cape. The way you created this unque color and look of it is very interesting. The problem is - from ingame camera, the only thing that one could see is his cape and stuff. Maybe there is something you could do with it, how do you think?

I'd say 4\5 or something. Great job.

Also, i love the update of priestess of elune. That gradient thing on her back looks fantastic. Hate the particles it spawns though. But nevertheless, gradient makes it look fabulous. Maybe you could ask the modes to improve it's rating now?

Level 17
The moustache! Is a bit weird.

You can use some animation transfer tools, or create your own animations. Some tools like Oinkerwinkle's animation tranfer tool are useful. Watch out that the bones should be similar, afair.

And you don't have to always edit your posts to comment, feel free to post, just don't double-post.

Level 34
Misha said:
that is definitely not Medivh, or his younger, corrupted self.. try to make it more to how he was actually described, and also make him much much more different than default war3 medivh

I don't think that it's a proper way to handle the moderation. The model as it is is worthy approval, the moustaches are a matter of taste. The thing is - i wouldn't approve \set it to needs fix just yet hence the author wants to make more changes to it.

The best option for Misha would be not to mess with it at all just yet and stick to moderating other pending resources ._.

Kinda dissapointed me.

Reactions: San
Like the concept! Uploaded model seems bugged (in 3D viewer), but looks good on the screenshot. Edit: nvm about the cape

I always imagined him without the feathers before being "freed" at the end of TLG, but concept art posted in this thread seems to disagree :p
Maybe add shoulderpads similar to that concept art?

I would suggest making his hair and eyebrows the same color as his beard if you can :p

I don't think that it's a proper way to handle the moderation. The model as it is is worthy approval, the moustaches are a matter of taste. The thing is - i wouldn't approve \set it to needs fix just yet hence the author wants to make more changes to it.

The best option for Misha would be not to mess with it at all just yet and stick to moderating other pending resources ._.

Kinda dissapointed me.

Kinda disagree. It's valuable feedback which can increase the quality of submitted models exponentially. Submitter can always say he disagrees if they prefer something the way they made it.

Level 11
Misha

Wo wo wo, we have a problem here...

Since when has it become part of the moderating process to decide how Blizzard's characters should look or not? What if I wanted to make a blonde Medivh, would my resource get turned down from that?

I think someone needs to have a clear look at the criteria for judging a model.

Animations are not fitting and there's clipping issues? Sure, those are valid points, alongside file size, texture and wrap quality.

Did Medivh from the Last Guardian have a moustache or not? How does that affect the model?

what if i just want to encourage the model maker to put more creativity into the model? leaving it anywhere near default war3 medivh shape doesn't make it a quality model..

Hive Workshop has standards on what is considered approvable and what is not.. and as long as you follow those standards and put work into your models, you can have them wearing a pink tutu, for all i care.

now do you mind dropping the questioning of my methods, or do i need to clean the thread?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I think the animations feel a little stiff and "blocky" (let's be honest, the bloodmage animations are terrible). You probably linearized the animations? Revert that if you can! Also, the filesize is way too large for the small number of animations, so I assume you have LOTS of junk data and unused nodes in the model.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
that is definitely not Medivh, or his younger, corrupted self.. try to make it more to how he was actually described, and also make him much much more different than default war3 medivh
That is clearly medivh. It undoubtedly resembles the art given to him in Hearhstone.
hearthstone-hero-medivh-2.jpg

I see clear resemblances from wc3 and WoW as well if you remove the purple stuff.
latest
6ec861647899f66624f9252d78a5d104.png

Level 34
Nice update, but the custom texture is not needed anyway. You could use Necromancer's texture for that. Why don't you try to give him Furion's animations? I think they would fit better.

Furion doesn't have such epic animation... i meant the 3 attack move of blood mage plus furion dead animatiin kinda wierd... is shrink whn death... maybe i shold remove the staff like chaosy said...

Level 11
what if i just want to encourage the model maker to put more creativity into the model? leaving it anywhere near default war3 medivh shape doesn't make it a quality model..

Hive Workshop has standards on what is considered approvable and what is not.. and as long as you follow those standards and put work into your models, you can have them wearing a pink tutu, for all i care.

now do you mind dropping the questioning of my methods, or do i need to clean the thread?

Take no offense, it's entirely reasonable to make comments as to the "lore"-fittingness of a model as a sidenote, but that was the only thing present in your review under the model. I was assuming that those were not the only judging criteria, but there was the danger of appearing to be so to an external eye.

I think it's quite ok for me to question your methods as long as I am not insulting anyone.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

great model kangyun, i really like this new medivh, i think he looks more grand wizardy looks alike. and those new details that you added is really cool. the details on the cloak, the beard, that jewel, and that texture on the thing that cover his shoulder.

i am not sure about the walk animation, i think medivh should be looks more calmer when he walks. i think malfurion walk animation would looks cool for him, though i think it's more like personal taste.

i also think that team colored robe is'nt looks really good on him. and uhm, is medivh left handed? and also, he have a staff, but he never use it.

EDIT : and why do you need the custom textures?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 25
Nice concept! Almost made one but hey, that will be making content and I don't make content for YEARS! Hahahahaha.

No seriously, what needs to be improved is the beard and mustache. Medivh's beard is iconic(not really, some people don't even know he got one) You could use a plane, or just improve how it looks.

One more thing is the custom texture. Yes, It's nice, but it adds some more filesize that people might not want. I suggest you using the armor from the Night Elf in the campaign loading screen. Also, the animation, you really need to bring back the old animation. It looks more fitting. You can add some feet as well.

So far, it's looking great, I really like how you incorporated the purple glows with the eyes, and staff, it just looks cool for me. But well, sorry if I sounded like someone pretending to be a pro or something but no, since I'm not a pro, and I can't even do anything, in fact I don't even do anything like, really.

Level 34
10:28, 10th Jan 2016
Misha: that is definitely not Medivh, or his younger, corrupted self.. try to make it more to how he was actually described, and also make him much much more different than default war3 medivh

alright, approved, just try to make his staff not clip with him in some anims, and i'll up the rating
Thx I'll try to improve... ;)