• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medivh's Tower Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
We are launching a Medivh's Tower revival movement. Henceforth, all controversial and sensitive threads will be moved to Medivh's Tower. Medivh's Tower used to be run by whitelist means. In short, systematically allowing people who meet the criteria to post if they request for permissions. We are now revising this.

All membership requests will now be accepted

Requests must still be sent from your User CP.

What we instead will be doing is work from a blacklist standpoint. What this means, is that any user may be granted access. But fail to behave and conduct yourself in the manner dictated by Medivh's Tower, and you will be blacklisted. i.e. your rights to post in Medivh's Tower will be revoked.

Three Strike Policy

We keep a track record. Whenever you step out of line, by moderator judgement, you will receive a strike. Three strikes means you will be blacklisted and thus have your posting rights in Medivh's Tower revoked. The blacklisting will be in effect for two months. After this you may appeal and your case will be re-evaluated. Appeals are to be posted in Staff Contact, not in a publicly viewable forum.

For more information on how to conduct yourself, see the following threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Anyway, would you mind showing a sample of a post that is hit by a Strike in Three Strike Policy?
I'm not hanging anybody out to dry just yet

Strikes won't be issued as a first resort. The metric goes Post Deletion -> Verbal Warning -> Strike(s) -> Blacklist

Basically having an uneducated, stupid standpoint, a crap reasoning pattern to back it with and a complete inability to better your behaviour is a nice and good way to get yourself a strike or three. Just think of it as Off Topic only dialed up to a sanctuary for pseudo-philosophers

I'm not hanging anybody out to dry just yet

Strikes won't be issued as a first resort. The metric goes Post Deletion -> Verbal Warning -> Strike(s) -> Blacklist

Basically having an uneducated, stupid standpoint, a crap reasoning pattern to back it with and a complete inability to better your behaviour is a nice and good way to get yourself a strike or three. Just think of it as Off Topic only dialed up to a sanctuary for pseudo-philosophers

Hey, where's neg rep and infraction go?

Joke aside, thanks for the information.

Level 21
I haven't really seen many trolls anymore recently, so I doubt if such a harsh system is worth it.
The most common issue in discussions is actually lack of mutual understanding for various reasons (Why threads about religion will not work; strong opinions).

In general I don't see the problem that this suggestion is supposed to fix.

Level 34
A) This isn't a suggestion

B) Debate threads on this site (the internet really) are usually awful. Hopefully this can weed out terrible opinions. "There are many right answers, but that doesn't mean there aren't wrong ones."

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Cool change. However, after being black listed, is there a way to get back?
Yeah
Three Strike Policy

We keep a track record. Whenever you step out of line, by moderator judgement, you will receive a strike. Three strikes means you will be blacklisted and thus have your posting rights in Medivh's Tower revoked. The blacklisting will be in effect for two months. After this you may appeal and your case will be re-evaluated. Appeals are to be posted in Staff Contact, not in a publicly viewable forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.