• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Karazhan Chess Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Karazhan Chess Event
Made by Teelo

Introduction
This map is a clone of the Chess Event from the 10-man raid Karazhan in World of Warcraft - The Burning Crusade.
Your objective is to defeat your enemy teams king, by taking control of your teams pieces, moving them around, and using their special abilities to attack your enemy teams pieces. Make use of your healers, but be careful to protect them; you only have two of them, and they are squishy!
I have tried to replicate the event from Karazhan as best I can and have only used models already in the Warcraft 3 files.

Features
Play as either Horde or Alliance
Play against other players, or against Medivh
Pieces may only be moved to the center of other squares, using the provided moving and rotation abilities
Pieces will automatically attack the piece directly infront of it every three seconds

Factions
The Alliance: Control an array of human units, from footmen (pawns) to Llane (king).
The Horde: Control an array of orcish and demonic units, from grunts (pawns) to necromancers (bishop) to Warchief Blackhand (king).

Playing against Medivh (the AI)
Simply set the whole of one of the teams to computers/unused, and that team will become controlled by Medivh.
The slots that you set to computers will automatically control a piece as if they were a player. You should set at least 3 slots on Medivhs team to computers, even if there is just you playing. One of them will always control a king, the rest will start off with pawns.
Choosing to play against Medivh also allows Medivh to cheat, causing periodic random effects around the board. In addition, if you defeat Medivh, you will unlock the ending sequence.

Progress
The map needs more testing, an open/closing cinematic, and some more terrain work... none of which I can do on my own. Any volunteers?

Attachments

• karachess.w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 128
Level 7
Lol @ the Dust Covered Chest. Poor guy. I knew more warlocks that had that weapon...

Anyways nice work making the game. I didn't try all the scenarios you described but everything seemed to be functioning well!

Only improvement I can think of: maybe give some kind of indication as to what your current units attack damage is (your melee damage).

If you really need some multiplayer testing I can help sometime (even host on Bnet if needed).

Status
Not open for further replies.