• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medivh Raven Form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello hivers!

I am making a TD and I need the unit "Medivh (Raven Form)".
But here is the tricky thing. When I do copy & paste, the model of him changes to Medivh when it should have been the raven.
I have tryed remaking a flying machine and put in the exact same animation string but still it's the old man Medivh who showes up in the air and not the freaking raven.

Do someone here at hive know how to make a working Medivh (Raven Form)?

Ofc I will give +rep to the one who helps me.

Level 18
When I copy and paste the Crow Form (Medivh) ability and replace the new ability with Medivh's old Crow Form the ability doesn't even show up on the UI. Then again, there is a bug associated with this ability so maybe its something on blizzard's end. If you add/remove the Crow Form ability to any unit it will allow the unit's fly-height value to be changed even if the specified unit doesn't have the "Fly" movement type.

If you need to use the unit, just add a string "alternate" to the required animation names field, it will make a unit with Medivh's model appear to be a Raven.

Level 18
Change the building (I used Guard Tower as an example unit in my test-map) model file to Medivh. Now, in the "Required Animation Names" change the "upgrade,first" to "alternate". This should get you what you're looking for.

Here is proof of my success.

Level 18
That's what I thought you were asking to begin with, but then someone started talking about towers.

Its still strange, however, that when I have a custom ability based on "Amrf" (Raven Form) it doesn't appear on my units' UI.

After re-testing, my results were different from before which makes no sense. Before when I added the Crow Form to my unit it did not show up, but now it is. Upon casting it (on Footman & Knight) my WarCraft III crashes.

WarCraft III crashed because my "Medivh (Raven Form)" transform ability and the Footman/Knight's transform abilities were different. After synchronizing them, the ability worked as expected. It even turned the Footman into a Raven rather than just raising his flying height as you said you had trouble with.

• Make sure the crow-form unit has the same Crow Form ability that the initial unit does, otherwise the game will crash as it did for me.
  • Make sure the "Required Animation Names" field is set to "alternate" in the crow-form Medivh unit.

On the Medivh (Raven Form) unit the "Required Animation Names" field is set to "alternateex". If you set the model of a Footman unit to "Medivh" and then set the "Required Animation Names" to "alternateex" then only the regular Medivh will appear. In other words, the Object Editor is wrong; use the method I have stated instead. Don't simply duplicate the necessary unit information because that won't work.

That's what I thought you were asking to begin with, but then someone started talking about towers.

Its still strange, however, that when I have a custom ability based on "Amrf" (Raven Form) it doesn't appear on my units' UI.

After re-testing, my results were different from before which makes no sense. Before when I added the Crow Form to my unit it did not show up, but now it is. Upon casting it (on Footman & Knight) my WarCraft III crashes.

WarCraft III crashed because my "Medivh (Raven Form)" transform ability and the Footman/Knight's transform abilities were different. After synchronizing them, the ability worked as expected. It even turned the Footman into a Raven rather than just raising his flying height as you said you had trouble with.

• Make sure the crow-form unit has the same Crow Form ability that the initial unit does, otherwise the game will crash as it did for me.
  • Make sure the "Required Animation Names" field is set to "alternate" in the crow-form Medivh unit.

On the Medivh (Raven Form) unit the "Required Animation Names" field is set to "alternateex". If you set the model of a Footman unit to "Medivh" and then set the "Required Animation Names" to "alternateex" then only the regular Medivh will appear. In other words, the Object Editor is wrong; use the method I have stated instead. Don't simply duplicate the necessary unit information because that won't work.

Soz thought he is talking about Tower since its a TD map :hohum:

Status
Not open for further replies.