• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. đź”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medieval Town [Work in Progress]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ah, our dear Born²Modificate. Nice work as always. Maybe a little flat though?

Level 25
Nice way to advertise some of the new models of your high-res expansion. New tileset is nice too. I think you should make about 3 more buildings, because there's not enough variation of city buildings to place when terraining.

Level 13
The first and third look pretty decent. The second one looks like the buildings were just thrown in randomly. It would be nice if you posted them with the
tags though.

Level 25
Another handy idea of mine that will prove very useful and help add on to the realism:

You should make a church or cathedral with tolling bells at the top, this will definately bring out the city. And if you pay attention, almost all castles have churches in them, some even have grand cathedrals. But again, this is only an idea of mine, a suggestion. I'm looking forward to seeing more screenshots too! :D
-Craka_J

Level 6
Sorry, there was a mistake with the screenshots that i posted them 2 times.
Nice that you like them. But im glad you like them.

@ Craka: Yes i maybe would already have made one if i wasnt making a rpg in a fantasy world with a non christian religion. ;)

Btw. as wc3c is still offline i submitted the pack already at a german wc3site:

http://ingame.ingame.de/mapbase/index.php?action=file&fid=1926&cid=148

have fun with it

This seems like the ideal type of stuff your high-res pack was made for.

Except the trees. The trees I am so using. Especially the pine tree and the fir tree. Well I'm using all of the trees basically.

The other buildings don't really fit in as much. And the tilesets have serious tiling issues.

But here is not the place to talk about it. I like these, and I'll rep you back at wc3c once it's up (if I can remember >_<)

Level 7
Yyyyyy

Ok i didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice, Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! If you tell me I'll leave you alone, or if you give me a good reason y NOT to tell me.

Level 5
I downloaded your pack from the german site. In the extracted files:
Buidlings-Old BLPS there is nothing. I looked. Nothing. Made me very sad.
I imported ALL the new blps, along with House1_var1. I changed paths to Textures\RTES\"NAME".blp as directed. House1 along with all of the other buildings didn't load. So I'm thinking the problem im having is that the old blps and the path I used are for the buildings. Which the old blps are not there.

But the trees did fine. And your tiles are great. I don't like the dirt one, with the double jointed rocks. It looks very bad, and if you cover a map in it, you'll see why. The stone path is great. Your trees are incredible. Leaves are perfect.

I would be pleased if you looked into the old blps folder. May be a problem. I downloaded it again, still has nothing in it. Is it supposed to? Well, try to figure it out. The models would help alot of terrainers out. thanks!

2-P

2-P

Level 8
I downloaded your pack from the german site. In the extracted files:
Buidlings-Old BLPS there is nothing. I looked. Nothing. Made me very sad.
I imported ALL the new blps, along with House1_var1. I changed paths to Textures\RTES\"NAME".blp as directed. House1 along with all of the other buildings didn't load. So I'm thinking the problem im having is that the old blps and the path I used are for the buildings. Which the old blps are not there.
My Old BLP folder is also empty but I had no problems since I have the old and new models in one map. I suggest you do that too, since the new models are more of an addition to the old pack.

You can download the old pack here:
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=83031

And I like the new dirt tile, you shouldn't cover the whole map in dirt anyway. =P

Level 5
If you don't know any other wc3 sites, try looking at B2M's custom user title perhaps.

I check wc3cam. I didn't find it, then again I really didn't look. I know he used older models of his in his project.

No you fool! B2M says he doesn't want that distributed on the hive! That's why I was only giving subtle hints, otherwise I would've posted that link earlier. But quick! Someone remove it!

Thanks for the link 2-P. So it was on wc3cam. (Figures.) Why would I go behind his back and upload here. When they can be found over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.