• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Play Classic after newest Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I just updated my classic installation with the 30 Gb patch. When I open the game, I get only three buttons: "options", "play offline" and "quit". The "play offline" button is greyed out and inactive though.

In the options, there is another button, somthing like "connect with existing account". However, this button is also greyed out and inactive. There is no login anywhere, it looks like that is missing?

Last edited:
Level 14
You have to log in with your Battle-net Account first, online - this sort of "Registers" it, allowing you to launch offline mode - strangely though, you can't launch Offline mode when you have no internet connection.

Unfortunatly, that doesn't seem to fix the problem - I still get an emty main menu and can't use the offline mode (let alone online)...

Level 14
Ok, thanks at least this enables the "play offline" button... But where can I simply play vs the computer? I get the buttons "campaign", "versus" (greyed out), "own game" (seems to require an additional tool named Bon Jour) and "replay"... Do I have to install this Bon Jour thing even if I just want to play for example 1on1 vs a computer bot?

Level 7
thanks at least this enables the "play offline" button... But where can I simply play vs the computer?
Oh hey I'm glad that at least worked out :) Hmm I'm not even sure what that Bon Jour thing is, but I just installed it and it allowed me to play :p

Now, If I remember correctly, when you're in that Custom games screen after clicking on the "play offline" It showed up as empty....but if you click on the little button on the bottom that says "Create" It will take you to where it shows the custom maps. It's a little confusing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.