• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playing reforged in classic graphic with potato pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey.. i just realized it, if i updates the game to Reforged, there is an option to play it in reforged or classic graphic right?
Is that mean i can still play the game even if my pc is a low end with reforged patch? since the classic one doesn't need high end pc to play.
That's all i want to ask tho. I hope it could.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I can't really properly answer this from the graphics card or processor side but it seems that the game takes less RAM than before. However, some older computers might have problems with the new menu coding and graphical interface processing.

Anyways, you could see for yourself but you'd need about 30gb space to test it. You can always uninstall and return to the version you were after, assuming you have the game files for it.

Level 1
If you're still wondering then I play reforged with a potato pc. The game outright refuses to let me play with reforged graphics since my system doesn't meet the requirements.

The game itself runs just as well as always so I can still play just fine HOWEVER:

The new menus are poorly optimized and I have 1 fps tops in them. The startup is also slow and you're probably expected to have an ssd which I do not. It takes several minutes between starting the game and getting to play mostly because of the slow startup but partially because of the laggy menus.

The worst about laggy menus is the custom game finding interface where you often have to scroll or refresh both of which are rather laggy. Checking replays after a game also means suffering 30-60sec of laggy menus.

I've started playing less because of the lag but I still pop in to play to scratch the warcraft 3 itch sometimes since there really isn't a good replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.