• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I am a little confused on how War3 Classic still works for those who have not purchased Reforged.

I myself had Blizzard take my money long before the game released so i haven't experienced any issues, plus I normally just use older classic versions to play the game I love.

My question is, can he install Reforged and play it without purchasing it? I might have a spare classic CD Key somewhere that isn't attached to a battle.net account.

I heard that if he has the classic CD keys he can just play reforged without having to purchase the reforged edition

Yes you can do what you are asking, but to find the link to download it is rumored to be annoying and I haven't personally tried. I think the idea is that someone with a RoC CD key bound to their account can go into settings and download the game. They might have to use an installer from the legacy accounts info page first or something in order to get the actual main Battle.net launcher to unlock playing the game more directly.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
When RoC CD key is bound to your BattleNet account you can play and install Warcraft III through the BattleNet application.

The option to install might not be available. To get around that, go offline with the BattleNet application while still connected to the internet and the option to install should become available. This trick can be used to install every BattleNet game, even ones you do not own.

Status
Not open for further replies.