• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Technical issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I bought W3 reforged, but now i want to play the custom campaigns from here. I never owned the classic versions of the game (RoC and TFT) and am looking all over the internet fo info, but can't find any, only for how player's who have had the game in the past can go back to classic. So my question would be, is it possible that only owning reforged ever to get maybe a cd-key or to somehow get to play the original w3 and turn it into any required, for specific campaigns, version. Thanks in advance

Maybe you could try to download the 1.31 backup files from Hive, and then when it gives the prompt to either use a Reforged battlenet login OR a cd key, pick the Reforged battlenet login.

I don't actually know if it will work, but I know that the patch 1.31 released after reforged and DID offer a UI option of that BACK THEN for people who had preordered.

(Also, if you download that chinese mod called quenching and run all its programs on your machine and stuff, I'm told that they have a hack that can disassemble campaigns into individual maps and then try to hack the Reforged engine to basically play them by using their external tool application. I haven't personally tried it, but in theory it gets the job done with a workaround. So you could try that if 1.31 doesn't work.)

Status
Not open for further replies.