• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Campaigns technical issues

Level 2
Hello! =)

I've recently bought Reforged to play custom campaigns and found this nice place =)
Having problems with different campaings (Malfurion Quest, First book of Arkain - Orcs), due to technical issues. Game crushes or freezes, sometimes can't even continue playing =(
I heard it can be solved somehow with downgrading your game on older patch, but I am struggling to figure out how to make it with my battle.net reforged.
Any advice would be highly appreciated ^^

Thank you 0/

Last edited:
Level 29
Make sure that your Warcraft III: Reforged installation is not damaged, as does your campaign file. This could be the main reason your game isn't playable correctly. If this happened, please repair using the built-in Launcher.

Another note: Some campaigns (as you mentioned on your post) tend to bug with the Reforged.
I think some people have reported it for other campaigns like the remakes of older campaigns (Joe's Quest) by Med.MapGuy.
If this is the case, then I really suggest downgrade your game to the one without Reforged.
You can get any versions of Warcraft III between 1.26 and 1.31 here (requires a valid CD-keys to play).