• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrains (~Work In Progress~)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Terrain WiPs
By:
Hell_Master

Introduction
I am Hell_Master showing some Terrain WiPs of mine and also some finish ones but I dont have yet..... Yes, some of you know that I have also make another thread here about some Showcase but I request for the close of it because of the bad terrains.... so now my Terrains will be here, my Terrain WiPs and finished ones if I have!

Here, I will be showing some Work in progress terrain of mine and finished one involving different places of course. So enough with this and let me show my Work In progress!
WiP Terrains

WiP 1

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

WiP 2

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

WiP 3

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Note

Feedbacks are appreciated here. And will try my best to improve it! Just dont leave like negative much feedbacks that doesnt even help at all.

Attachments

• Bandit Camp 1.jpg
    Bandit Camp 1.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 305
  • Bandit Camp 2.jpg
    Bandit Camp 2.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 324
  • Bandit Camp 3.jpg
    Bandit Camp 3.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 310
  • Bandit Camp 4.jpg
    Bandit Camp 4.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 392
  • Bandit Camp 5.jpg
    Bandit Camp 5.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 282
  • Bandit Camp 6.jpg
    Bandit Camp 6.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 280
  • Bandit Camp 7.jpg
    Bandit Camp 7.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 334
  • Bandit Camp 8.jpg
    Bandit Camp 8.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Level 30
Bandit camp huh? It looks a little too calm and peaceful for a camp settled by ruthless bandits. Darken the tone of the environment, try to replace those trees with something that says 'bandits have been here', oh and add more props.

Good job! I give it a 3/5 for now.

You can give me some props to put, some example doodads maybe. Yeah, I did notiiced its quite calm. I will be fixing the terrain again. Thanks for the feedback, matey!

Level 16
Okay I am no terrain expert but from my perspective if you intend to create a bandit camp that gives off a vicious aura, you may want to try darken the ground a bit more and change the tree slightly. Try and go with thick patches of tree rather than separate, lone trees. I think that is better.

On a side note, your sunshine bandit camp from before feels like a school camping trip with costumed people around.

No rating because I honestly don't know how.

Level 30
Okay I am no terrain expert but from my perspective if you intend to create a bandit camp that gives off a vicious aura, you may want to try darken the ground a bit more and change the tree a bit. Try and go with thick patches of tree rather than separate, lone trees. I think that is better.

On a side note, your sunshine bandit camp from before feels like a school camping trip with costumed people around.

No rating because I honestly don't know how.

Thanks for the feedback. Im gonna go search for more fitting trees.

I already changed the mood of the terrain and it is not that bright anymore.

Maybe trees with a dark tint. Not necessarily dead.
Maybe you can give me some example trees here?

you should mix dirt to grasses
second , dont take screenshots in boundaries
third , dont unselect / deselect the camera when taking screenshots
fourth uhm , flat? its so flat
fifth , i suggest this models for you
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...hrower-209650/?prev=search=bandit&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/mounted-bandit-231407/?prev=search=bandit&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...bowman-215822/?prev=search=bandit&d=list&r=20

This is just a suggestion ^_^

Level 30
you should mix dirt to grasses
second , dont take screenshots in boundaries
third , dont unselect / deselect the camera when taking screenshots
fourth uhm , flat? its so flat
fifth , i suggest this models for you
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...hrower-209650/?prev=search=bandit&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/mounted-bandit-231407/?prev=search=bandit&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...bowman-215822/?prev=search=bandit&d=list&r=20

This is just a suggestion ^_^

Thanks for the feedback, will do so. =)

But I think camera in Boundaries cant be avoided because I made my terrain near at the boundary XD

Level 30
Expand your terrain , it will move your boundaries

I might but I might also do a new terrain, not invovlving Bandit Camp. That is why I dont want too much space consumed in the map.

The light blue sky does not fit with the purple fog, and so does the grass and rock. Add some dirt please.

Actually, I added some dirt. Look for the new screenie. And for the sky, what color do you prefer to match with the rocks, grasses and such?

Level 19
That rock path is too wide, make it a bit more narrow, say 1-2 tiles in width. Plus, don't place the dirt at the middle of the path, but at its sides rather. The cliff tile could be changed to a more pretty one, say the one in Village and should be less smooth, imo. The grass tile needs well, more grass (as in doodads). Plus, add some variation in the grass, maybe some dirt (need a better dirt tile), etc. Add some height to it as well, leave no tile not raised/lowered (just even by a few clicks). Trees should be replaced and other low quality doodads. Also, the fence, make it a bit smaller.

Also, it doesn't look like a bandit camp that much. Generally, you should have most of the cages packed in one fenced area and the tents at another. The archery practice doodads should also be nearby the tents. Also, the stick with skulls should be set near the entrance of the camp, to warn wary travelers. Logs should be ditched since they are not a lumber camp.

Lastly, purple fog is ugly, change it to maybe a light blue, morning one or maybe a white one. Thats my opinions on these at least. Also, you don't need 7 pictures for one place. Just pick a good enough angle.

Level 30
That rock path is too wide, make it a bit more narrow, say 1-2 tiles in width. Plus, don't place the dirt at the middle of the path, but at its sides rather. The cliff tile could be changed to a more pretty one, say the one in Village and should be less smooth, imo. The grass tile needs well, more grass (as in doodads). Plus, add some variation in the grass, maybe some dirt (need a better dirt tile), etc. Add some height to it as well, leave no tile not raised/lowered (just even by a few clicks). Trees should be replaced and other low quality doodads. Also, the fence, make it a bit smaller.

Also, it doesn't look like a bandit camp that much. Generally, you should have most of the cages packed in one fenced area and the tents at another. The archery practice doodads should also be nearby the tents. Also, the stick with skulls should be set near the entrance of the camp, to warn wary travelers. Logs should be ditched since they are not a lumber camp.

Lastly, purple fog is ugly, change it to maybe a light blue, morning one or maybe a white one. Thats my opinions on these at least. Also, you don't need 7 pictures for one place. Just pick a good enough angle.

I have really been waiting for a great and thorough feedback like this. Thank you very much. Will do so and +4 REP to you!

And still I cant REP people.....

Level 30
Is this intended as terrain art or playable terrain?

Not really a playable one, just some random stuffs I am doing.

Looks a bit empty but I guess you won't leave it like that ;)

Acually its not that empty with those doodads used in the WiP 2 but surely I will not leave it empty. =)

i told you , the shadow boundaries are too near, just add some pathing blockers

*To save pathing blockers count, use forgotten one's pathing*

Will do but when I expand the camp more, maybe I will not take screenshots near the boundaries.

Level 30
The terrain tiles are clashing with wc3 doodads and the edge of the map can be seen. It's kinda flat and the trees are lacking variation + aren't placed that properly.
Also, it's a bit too common, and more details wouldn't hurt. :)

Mind giving some tips on what doodads to add? And for the doodads, I will see to it if I can find some doodads that will best fit with the tiles. For the flatness,I do know I raised all the parts, I'll maybe show later or tommorow a screenhot proving its not that flat. For the trees, what do you mean by variation? Different ppearance in the trees? For the pacement, I'll see what I can do to fix that. Lastly, for details, of course will do sir!

Thanks for the feedback. Means a lot =)

Level 30
Added a new terrain screenshot about me experimenting adding Clouds into the skies and it turned out good. Here is the screenshot:

attachment.php

Feedbacks are appreciated and just one favor, can someone suggest me a replacement for those Pile of Treasures, Cages and such. Better if you can give me a better quality of that doodads to blend well with the tiles.

If anyone can also suggest me a sky image showing it is night so I can maybe put some additional Doodads such as maybe a Moon. Thanks

This will be also posted at my first post as WiP 3 still!

Attachments

• Bandit Camp 9.jpg
    Bandit Camp 9.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.