• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrains (~Work In Progress~)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
The sky? What happened to the sky sir? I suggest a Generic Sky ^_^
Hmmm , about the dirt rough? uhm .... will tell it to you next time ^_^
Now , add some grasses
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/grassanimated-224313/?prev=search=grass&d=list&r=20

Oh, Generic looks better. To be honest I am trying to replicate the sky you did in your terrain. What did you exactly did there, bro?

For the grasses, you mean those grass doodads? If yes, can you suggest or better if link me a model?

Thanks for the feedback!

The dirt path seems to blocky and less natural. Also, the sky and fog can be better.

I didnt actually used a fog but some Clouds doodad from UTM. For the dirt, any suggestion on what to change to it?

+4 REP to you for a sign of thanks for the feedback!

Level 30

Oh ok, but only the problem is it gives me a virus and I do know it is not a virus so I tried adding it to the trusted list of the Antivirus but my Antivirus is quite limited for it is a Free ersion I cant add it in the trusted list.

I also tried turning off Antivirus but it says when I open it, that an instance of WE is opened but I did closed WE.

And yes, I have also updated the files and followed a tutorial on setting it up.

Your request
Credits : Tobyfat
Thanks! =)

Level 30
Added a new screenshot with some new changes maybe.

attachment.php

Feedbacks are appreciated and also this will be posted at my first post as WiP 3 still.

Attachments

• Bandit Camp 10.jpg
    Bandit Camp 10.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 312
Level 30
Tiles don't go together very well and you have the end of the map on display which makes the whole thing look weird. Check out some more good terrainers around this board and take some inspiration. Some threads in here are gold

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/complete-list-terrain-galleries-134047/

Thanks for the tips. I think my first Place being in the edge of the map cant be avoided but I'll make sure in my next place, it will not be anymore in the edge of the map. And mind giving me a tip on how the tiles will go and blend with each other well?

Level 30
Level 30
what's this I don't even--- oh looks nice but it needs some more depth on environment decors you know like plants, river rush, and flowers stuff to blend with that tiles just a thought I'm also practicing my terrains that way but I don't post them here, there safe in my pc :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 6
I really like your Bandit Camp outlay, the tents and crates are positioned in a very logical but not too symetric way, which greatly adds to the naturality and thus makes is very realistic. I haven't read the thread entirely, but that stone-path is a bit wide, you might consider narrowing it a bit down.

I endorse the screens taken in game view settings, however, I think you could add a bit (more) fog to the whole picture and eventually set the time to night, because, ya know, bandit camps look more dangerous and intimidating at night, apart from the last 2 pictures, where the very last one without stone path kinda confused me, haha :)

Overall, this is worth a "good job" in my humble opinion.

Level 30
I really like your Bandit Camp outlay, the tents and crates are positioned in a very logical but not too symetric way, which greatly adds to the naturality and thus makes is very realistic. I haven't read the thread entirely, but that stone-path is a bit wide, you might consider narrowing it a bit down.

I endorse the screens taken in game view settings, however, I think you could add a bit (more) fog to the whole picture and eventually set the time to night, because, ya know, bandit camps look more dangerous and intimidating at night, apart from the last 2 pictures, where the very last one without stone path kinda confused me, haha :)

Overall, this is worth a "good job" in my humble opinion.

And thank you for the detailed feedback. Now on to the topic:

• I thought I make it night t last screenshots especially with the moon?
  • Yes, many said the stone path is a bit wide, I'll be making it a little small.
  • I am planning to add a fog preferabley black. I will add another screenie with the black fog.
  • So the stone path is better than the dirt? Lol, now I dont know... should I use dirt or stone path?

+4 REP for the detailed feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.