• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mor)L(unes Giant Terrainic thingy (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys, i finnally decided to show some of my work here.

Im working on a giant project wich concerns moldling my imagination world: Tales of Keriand into a series of terraining maps wich i perhaps turn into an rpg of somekind later on.

These pics are as you can see very WIP they are supposed to be a "high human" city named Fall Elvan it needs to be magical so the missing buildings would feature alot of spires and magical stuff: inspiration from Osgilliath/Minas Tirith and various High elf Things. It took me about 3-4 hours to make

i will update on progress and will soon post some of my former (unfinished work)

The new stuff i dug up is actually one of my first reall terraining works :) It was never totally finished, you still see some trees floating :)

Attachments

• Tales of Keriand - WIP Fall Elvan 001.jpg
    Tales of Keriand - WIP Fall Elvan 001.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 258
  • Tales of Keriand - WIP Fall Elvan 002.jpg
    Tales of Keriand - WIP Fall Elvan 002.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Tales of Keriand - WIP Fall Elvan 003.jpg
    Tales of Keriand - WIP Fall Elvan 003.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 267
  • Keriand - Faria Neen 1.JPG
    Keriand - Faria Neen 1.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Keriand - Faria Neen 2.jpg
    Keriand - Faria Neen 2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Keriand - Faria Neen 3.jpg
    Keriand - Faria Neen 3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Keriand - Faria Neen 4.jpg
    Keriand - Faria Neen 4.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Keriand - Faria Neen 5.jpg
    Keriand - Faria Neen 5.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Keriand - Faria Neen 6.jpg
    Keriand - Faria Neen 6.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Keriand - Faria Neen 7.jpg
    Keriand - Faria Neen 7.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Keriand - Faria Neen Swamp 1.jpg
    Keriand - Faria Neen Swamp 1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Keriand - Faria Neen Swamp 8.jpg
    Keriand - Faria Neen Swamp 8.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Keriand - Faria Neen Swamp 9.jpg
    Keriand - Faria Neen Swamp 9.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Level 9
Yeah its still very Wip, the Large Platform would feature the citadel. im filling in the city buildings now. but it is a gargantuan job as it takes me atleast 15 minutes to make a single building. as most of the buildings are made out of 50+ doodads

Level 34
Not bad. I like the new stuff. The trees look awkward. They stick way out of the ground, only held up by roots. It doesn't makes sense and looks weird. You need to use more doodads in the town, it's barren. Other than that this is a good work! Improve the trees and town for rep!

Level 34
Yeah blame the model :) it is floating when i place it on the ground, only the roots touch the ground. But i saw it after i put some cameras in it, i guess i was lazy back there.

No I blame the fact that you didn't lower them. Simply use Ctrl PageDown.

Level 6
Great work. I love the towers, bit I don't like the bridges connecting them though. As previous posters stated, there needs to be more tile variation in the tower areas. I'd like to see it with units in it, because right now it looks very plain in the city areas. Did you get most of your models in this terrain from the Ultimate Terrain map? I don't recall the models you used for the buildings being in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.