• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Marquee

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
One embodiment of the tent for the war camp.

Keywords:
Tent Camp Marquee
Contents

Marquee (Model)

Reviews
16:00, 6th Aug 2014 MiniMage: Fix the opening of the tent. Either simplify or add complexity to the cloth that is obscuring a little part of the entrance.

M

16:00, 6th Aug 2014
MiniMage: Fix the opening of the tent. Either simplify or add complexity to the cloth that is obscuring a little part of the entrance.

^What MiniMage said
Also during the birth animation you can see that the tent walls are not two-sided. Maybe you can add a mesh that faces on the inside of the tent and is only visible during the birth animation (though a few polies won't be a problem for today's computers...)
Also maybe you can make those wooden stakes infront of the tent and the ones during the birth anim a little bit thicker, they just look too thin and non-warcraftish if you get what I mean.
The model overall is neat and simple and the texture is well chosen. 3/5 +re

Level 14
This is awesome! I don’t comment much but I had to say it.

If there is one thing that should be fixed though, it’s the front flap held up by the wood polls.

Because the flap looks to be made out of cloth the polls do not work right, because the sections that reach further out than the polls would fall down thanks to gravity, so it kind of looks like they are just floating. The easiest fix I would see for that would be to move the polls out to the corners but that’s only one idea for I’m sure you can think of better ones!

Whew long post, I would also recommend maybe making a version that has an inside instead of a black face at the front. That could be done easily by copying the tent and flipping the faces! : ) would be great for first person maps so you can go into the tent.

4/5 +rep

(update) Oh btw, I am not sure but I think you missed a bunch of unneeded faces on the insides of all of your polls (looked from the bottom of the model and noticed the bottoms were gone but they had faces on the insides so if this is the case, removing them should reduce file size)

Last edited: