• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

This how use

Status
Not open for further replies.

son

son

Level 3
Red marquee that is why the,Posts before me,Posts before me, the color of the sky used, or an external model?

Attachments

• QQ截图20120715093626.png
    QQ截图20120715093626.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 141
This is used for singleplayer campaigns, as far as I know. You can have something like a shared data stack for all consecutive maps so that you don't need to import the same stuff to every map over and over again.

Well, I don't really understand what son wants to know in this thread, as I don't ever understand what he wrote, but I can guarantee you that it has nothing to do with the sky model.

All the tricks about enhancing skies are simple imports, usually included in the UTM. You need glow, the stormsphere and cloud models and thats it.

Level 36
Sky Display and Time of Day are tools of some importance to any terrainer performing Terrain Art.

The "Time of Day" will effect your doodads and tiles when setting the settings to "Game View" using the hotkey "V," or more preferably; All those keys offgraphics listed in another thread,
it will change their colour slightly, or greatly when regarding the difference between "Noon" and "Night" so that your doodads will have a more matching colour mish mash, you'd still probably
have to do some tinting if you seek perfection nonetheless.

The "Sky Display" only has one function that I care for, or at the very least one "sky box" that I care for, and as far as I understand the sky box is a significant tool to anyone that want's
to make a sky look good, without being extremely skilled in terraining, the "fogged sky" melds exceptionally together with nearly any fog and give you a nice transition between fog and sky
for the background, while you can still include some cloudsphere models and some glow effects to tweak it to perfection, would you so chose.

Status
Not open for further replies.