• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sky Land??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
ok i dont know if this was discussed before, but how about changing the water terrain into "cloudian" or "sky" thing that you cant walk in, but can use some ships (airships maybe?) or instead of editing the water terrain maybe add another one incase if you want to use both water and sky terrain in 1 map, just my idea! for making a floating map.
it would work great if there were sky models like angels pegasuses fountain fairies etc.. just my idea for making a sky island map! :)

Level 17
There are a couple of maps that take place entirely or partially in the "sky" like Arcadia or Iceborn and those are only the ones I'm interested in personally.
I'm sure there are many more maps/terrains that work like that.
Cruiser Command and Solar Conquest work in the same way I reckon, they just aren't in a "sky".

As for angels, pegasi and fountain fairies ? eh, well yeah. That could be done too I guess.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

You don't need to change the water in order to do it, It'd be much easier using the MAT. Also, the models are already available here on the hive, some things you can use directly, others you need to build. The theme, however, is not limited to angelic only, take a look at Bioshock infinite, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.