1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Map Development: The Scourging of Azeroth

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Silverfish423, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    I remember man, that was your first piece of advice to me! xD That's very true though, gameplay is the largest factor. I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I'm not sure if you have tested yet, but I just updated the map: Silver Hand, Forsaken, Black Dragonflight, and Gurubashi Tribe are all testable. Lemme know what you think can be cut and I'll take it into thoughtful consideration.

2. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the long wait everyone, I have been on break for a few days and have only shortly started heavy construction. I have some very neat stuff coming your way in the Gurubashi Tribe department! Stay tuned :)

3. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am a long term player of azeroth wars and I played this and liked it very much, I admire the scale and epicness of this map, it has alot of potencial but as other people have said the terrain needs improvement. A decent terrain really makes a map in my opinion and I don't think I will play this until the terrain has been fixed.

I also think you need to prioritize your costum model use, you have costum models for creeps and units that get very little use in the map, for a map on this scope you should only use high quality, low file size costum recources and only when there is no WC3 vanilla model alternative.

4. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks Marshmalo, I really appreciate how long you have followed the map! I understand what you mean when you say that the terrain needs improvement. However, my current focus is on unit and faction gameplay. As a result, the terrain's final version will be accomplished after faction and unit gameplay has been finished.
    Also, I also understand the issue in regards to custom models. I see it already, where the map size is near the breaking point for B-Net gameplay. However, this is only a temporary issue and the overall filesize will cut down as I advance through the different factions and units. Before the map is done, I only plan on heroes, buildings, and select units to have custom models, skins, etc.

However, none of this holds much substance without something to show for it; so keep an eye out for when these factions are ready to be tested: 'Gurubashi Tribe' and 'Kingdom of Stormwind'.

5. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Gurubashi Tribe
    "This world once was ours...it is ours to take back!"
    Updated: 3/27/3013

The Gurubashi Tribe ruled the southern jungles of Ancient Kalimdor before the Legion invaded Azeroth. After the Sundering, their empire was shattered and the tribe was forced to desperate means to survive. With renewed vigor and led by the Bloodlord Mandokir a vision set upon the future, the Gurubashi Tribe will stop at nothing to restore the Gurubashi Empire!

Heroes
    [​IMG]Bloodlord Mandokir
    "Your head be mine mon"
    A troll known for his bloody ruthlesness, Mandokir commands the Gurubashi Tribe. Although not well versed in mystical energies. he does not hesitate to strike at the life energy of his enemies. Brutish and cunning, Mandokir is no troll to underestimate.​

[​IMG]Jin'do the Hexxer
    "We shall rise!"
    The spiritual leader of the Hakkari, Jin'do is always delving into the mystical energies of the spirit world to further the power of the Gurubashi Tribe. Not much is considered taboo to this hex master and the ages of Hakkar are still fresh in his mind.​

Masteries
    Soon to come!

Faction-Specific Events
    Faction-Specific Events
    1) The Avatar of Hakkar can be summoned if the Sunken Temple is captured.

***More to come!

6. tunawasabe

tunawasabe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the map but the terraining is a bit..... you know hahahaha I'm looking forward to this map and I hope you improve this map hahahaha

7. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh definitely, I will man. I've had the same criticism of myself for awhile now, haha

8. Amargaard

Amargaard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    You wrote this to me a while ago, and sorry I haven't replied yet - I just wasn't sure if I could handle more work than what I had. Anyways, I see that terraining is still an issue, so I figured now is the time I wanted to share some of my old works, that I made mostly for roleplays, but I'm not limited to still-camera terraining, I can do playable maps too. Please take a look at the terrain showcase below and tell me, if I'm qualified or not :)
    Terrain Showcase
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let me know when you got something man!

10. Amargaard

Amargaard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Dude, you still haven't resent the map - or maybe I just remember like a goldfish? :b

11. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    Scourging of Azeroth is not an aprils fools joke

12. Amargaard

Amargaard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Never said that? :b

13. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    No you didn't said that!
    ahem Anyway keep up!

14. Amargaard

Amargaard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Zul'Gurub terraining = done ^^

15. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    A new version has been uploaded to the first post! The terrain for ZulGurub (starting zone of Gurubashi Tribe, green) has been completely redone! Let us know what you think!

16. Aztec_devil2000

Aztec_devil2000

Resources:
    Resources:
    *Cough* *Cough*, *Sneezes, dead*

17. AwzomeWulfzz

AwzomeWulfzz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Two words: Fucking awesome. 5/5.

18. Amargaard

Amargaard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Glad you like it - I'm planning on staying as terrainer in the project and do my best to make Silverfish's awzum work even more awzum ^^

19. Aztec_devil2000

Aztec_devil2000

Resources:
    Resources:
    I liked the one inside a building or something, my terrain is more structured, simple but very best. I tend to do things very realistic. When I create 2D platforms, well i'm not that good at 3D. But it's not that realistic but still good :p

Anyway, you should see my terrain on several maps i've made. I could show some images if you want.

20. Silverfish423

Silverfish423

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sure, let me see some images. I really like Amargaard's terraining style, but if yours compliments his I will consider