• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 29
Yeah I am aware that tyrants dont really suffer for their actions. I just got really mad because I hate Malfurion in the original lore and now I hate him even more. I really really wanted him to be tortured and then killed at the end of the campaign.

I have no really problem with original Malfurion. He is not one of my favorite characters, but still...

This is why the Highborne storyline is considered by many as the EVIL campaign, so naturally Evil wins in the end.

Did Old God corrupt fountains?

I don't think so. In the flashback where Magtheridon talks about the fountains, the fountain simply enhanced the murloc. If it was of Old Gods' origin it would have be of more corruptive nature.

Though I believe that the Old Gods had something to do with the events. That inner voice that corrupted Malfurion seems kind of similar to what happened to Deathwing and others.

Last edited:
Level 8
I don't think so. In the flashback where Magtheridon talks about the fountains, the fountain simply enhanced the murloc. If it was of Old Gods' origin it would have be of more corruptive nature.

Though I believe that the Old Gods had something to do with the events. That inner voice that corrupted Malfurion seems kind of similar to what happened to Deathwing and others.

Now that you mention it, it could be, but since this is the last part of the Turnro series, we may never know.

Level 1
Meet the new malfurion model :D

Version: 1.4b

Attachments

• Untitled 1.png
    Untitled 1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 326
Level 2
I'll be honest. As far as gameplay goes this is a great campaign and I appreciate all the effort that you put in, I'm certain it's been hell to develop all of this. As far as story goes, well, it's really bad. Malfurion having a very briefly 'explained' corrupted inner voice that apparently gets him to change his entire personality, getting so amazingly powerful somehow that no one can really stand against him for long, everyone but him being morons who keep explaining their plans to their enemies, or who don't communicate with their allies so they can coordonate their efforts properly and not die like idiots, or who don't even use their powers when they should(like Nozdormu and his time travel and seeing into the future), or who fight against their 'rivals' stupidly in the middle of an invasion(the Legion), all of these make the whole campaign very frustrating. Basically this is Malfurion being an OP douche and all the other characters are incompetent morons, it's not that fun imo.
Also some other changes from canon are also kind of strange if you want to make this campaign even remotely close to canon, like how the hell were there so many highborne exactly, what happened to the Lich King in this universe, what happened to Sargeras and Archimonde, why the hell Azgalor, of all people, took over after that, how did he himself die, why did so many leaders treat Kil'jaeden like crap and make him have to prove himself as leader when apparently he's the strongest guy they have, and why in the hell does everybody still call Malfurion 'Shandoo' after his corruption when that term means 'respected teacher'? There are other things, these are just the things that come to mind.
All in all I think you deserve respect for all your efforts, but you need to get some help with story telling. I can relate, it's hard writing proper fanfiction, and even harder implementing it in a campaign, I'm being a dick mostly because there's a lot of merit to the gameplay and some interesting story concepts.

Cheers!

Level 29
As far as story goes, well, it's really bad. Malfurion having a very briefly 'explained' corrupted inner voice that apparently gets him to change his entire personality,

'Madness is like gravity. All it takes is a little push."
The Joker, 'The Dark Knight'

getting so amazingly powerful somehow that no one can really stand against him for long, everyone but him being morons who keep explaining their plans to their enemies, or who don't communicate with their allies so they can coordonate their efforts properly and not die like idiots, or who don't even use their powers when they should(like Nozdormu and his time travel and seeing into the future), or who fight against their 'rivals' stupidly in the middle of an invasion(the Legion), all of these make the whole campaign very frustrating. Basically this is Malfurion being an OP douche and all the other characters are incompetent morons, it's not that fun imo.

To be fair, Malfurion would have lost quite early in the story if not for the Highborne being there to save him and if the Legion was not there to divert the attentions of the others.

The main problem with the Aspects is that they stopped interacting with each other after Deathwing's betrayal and only restarted mending fences after the events of 'Day of the Dragon'. If they had stayed allies for the past millenia, they could have had cooperated more efficiently to stop both the Legion and Malfurion.

Cenarius and Tyrande were also too idealistic to realize that Malfurion could no longer be redeemed. They should have finished him off when they had the chance, but the love they still felt for him blinded them.

what happened to the Lich King in this universe,

He was destroyed in 'The Adventures of Rowan the Wise'.

what happened to Sargeras and Archimonde,

Sargeras is probably unable to directly lead the Burning Legion, like in the original canon.

Archimonde apparently doesn't exist in this aternate world.

why did so many leaders treat Kil'jaeden like crap and make him have to prove himself as leader when apparently he's the strongest guy they have,

Because Kil'jaeden is a smug and obnoxious douche that sees everyone else as his pawns and playthings. Do you remember that Interlude when he makes the council gather in Outland, Magtheridon's realm, simply to spite off the Pit Lord?

There is a reason why that when the votes for leader of the Burning Legion came, Azgalor won and Tichondrius would have been chosen as leader if not for his deal with Kil'jaeden.

Level 4
I'll be honest. As far as gameplay goes this is a great campaign and I appreciate all the effort that you put in, I'm certain it's been hell to develop all of this. As far as story goes, well, it's really bad. Malfurion having a very briefly 'explained' corrupted inner voice that apparently gets him to change his entire personality, getting so amazingly powerful somehow that no one can really stand against him for long, everyone but him being morons who keep explaining their plans to their enemies, or who don't communicate with their allies so they can coordonate their efforts properly and not die like idiots, or who don't even use their powers when they should(like Nozdormu and his time travel and seeing into the future), or who fight against their 'rivals' stupidly in the middle of an invasion(the Legion), all of these make the whole campaign very frustrating. Basically this is Malfurion being an OP douche and all the other characters are incompetent morons, it's not that fun imo.
Also some other changes from canon are also kind of strange if you want to make this campaign even remotely close to canon, like how the hell were there so many highborne exactly, what happened to the Lich King in this universe, what happened to Sargeras and Archimonde, why the hell Azgalor, of all people, took over after that, how did he himself die, why did so many leaders treat Kil'jaeden like crap and make him have to prove himself as leader when apparently he's the strongest guy they have, and why in the hell does everybody still call Malfurion 'Shandoo' after his corruption when that term means 'respected teacher'? There are other things, these are just the things that come to mind.
All in all I think you deserve respect for all your efforts, but you need to get some help with story telling. I can relate, it's hard writing proper fanfiction, and even harder implementing it in a campaign, I'm being a dick mostly because there's a lot of merit to the gameplay and some interesting story concepts.

Cheers!

Play the other ones of Turnro's campaigns starting from the human to orc then undead. Some of the questions you have were answered in the other campaigns.

Also I agree with you. The thing that really bugs me is that the demons's dialogue are as if they are not demons but real life humans. Malfurion getting too op really pissed me off too. I kinda wish there was a mission or cinematic that a titan appears out of nowhere and kills him.

Level 2
'Madness is like gravity. All it takes is a little push."
The Joker, 'The Dark Knight'

That's only realistic if the person in question is already pretty crazy, which Malfurion wasn't and didn't have any reason to be.

To be fair, Malfurion would have lost quite early in the story if not for the Highborne being there to save him and if the Legion was not there to divert the attentions of the others.

The main problem with the Aspects is that they stopped interacting with each other after Deathwing's betrayal and only restarted mending fences after the events of 'Day of the Dragon'. If they had stayed allies for the past millenia, they could have had cooperated more efficiently to stop both the Legion and Malfurion.

Cenarius and Tyrande were also too idealistic to realize that Malfurion could no longer be redeemed. They should have finished him off when they had the chance, but the love they still felt for him blinded them.

Well yeah, he had help, but a lot of his success is due to his personal power, which everyone just has to mention every time they're talking to him for some reason. I mean, somehow, he can do all sorts of things with this magic that he's never worked with before(like the weird blood in the fountain thing) so good for him, but at certain points it just gets obnoxious. Yes, we get it, Malfurion is amazing and OP, shut up about it already. And the dragons/Cenarious not only had plenty of time to focus on Malfurion after Tyrande told them about him, but even in the eleventh hour they didn't rally themselves and focused on him at Hyjal. Yes, the Naga and Legion were there too, and at some point they went on the offensive, but why didn't the Aspects themselves stay behind with Medivh to fend off Malfurion, or at least stay with together with Ysera? He's already destroyed Cenarius and has succeded in everything he wanted, his track record making him already more dangerous and damaging that Kil'jaeden* has during this campaign. And letting ALL of this aside, Nozdormu can see the future, why didn't he see this coming? And let's say there were too many possible futures, he mentioned that he WENT back in time and saved some people, so why not go to his past self and the other aspects and warn them of all of this so they could be prepared? Why not kill Malfurion directly before he wakes, actually.

*Speaking of which, they probably knew Kil'jaeden wanted the Well too, so all the more reason why they should have stayed behind, also how did he get to the underground temple where the temple was stored when Malfurion was the one who killed the guards at the entrance? I might be forgetting a detail or two here.

He was destroyed in 'The Adventures of Rowan the Wise'.

Oh right, I know that campaign. Didn't play through it entirely though. And I take it this Campaign universe is also tied to Jeopardy of the Horde or something similar? The last stand at the end looked like that Orc town Drek'thar established.

Sargeras is probably unable to directly lead the Burning Legion, like in the original canon.

Archimonde apparently doesn't exist in this aternate world.

I think it's mentioned, correct me if I'm wrong, that Sargeras and Archimonde were killed.

Because Kil'jaeden is a smug and obnoxious douche that sees everyone else as his pawns and playthings. Do you remember that Interlude when he makes the council gather in Outland, Magtheridon's realm, simply to spite off the Pit Lord?

There is a reason why that when the votes for leader of the Burning Legion came, Azgalor won and Tichondrius would have been chosen as leader if not for his deal with Kil'jaeden.

Here's the thing. Demons in Warcraft, and pretty much any fictional universe I know of, do not HAVE democratic systems where they vote for their leaders. Charisma doesn't matter in the least here, it's all about power and intelligence(up to a point), and there's no way the Legion would follow a dumb Pit Lord over an Eredar like Kil'jaeden. There's just no comparison. And being snide towards him when it's admitted that the Legion can't rebel against him because he's too strong is just stupid. He's also kind of dumb since he doesn't do anything to curb disrespectful behaviour but eh.

Level 29
Also I agree with you. The thing that really bugs me is that the demons's dialogue are as if they are not demons but real life humans.

True.

Malfurion getting too op really pissed me off too. I kinda wish there was a mission or cinematic that a titan appears out of nowhere and kills him.

I agree that Malfurion suddenly went too OP out of the sudden. Though he was also very lucky. Imagine if the Highborne hadn't lost faith in Illidan and weren't there when the Night Elves tried to kill Malfurion. Imagine if Medivh had alerted Tyrande before Malfurion reached the Temple of Elune or if he had been there when Tyrande confronted a weakened Malfurion. Imagine if Medivh, Cenarius and the Aspects were there when Malfurion reached Mount Hyjal. Imagine if Magtheridon had decided to aid Mother Sharaz rather than letting her face Malfurion by herself. Imagine if Kil'jaeden had broken free of his prison and Malfurion was forced to fight him, Azshara and Illidan at the same time.

Level 7

Cheers!

1: This is one of a two-part story. Malfurion's Quest was initially intended on being a decision focused campaign: Highborne and Sentinel.
The events that happen within each storyline explain the events of the other.
So it's not that we haven't explained "why he was corrupted so easily", it 'may' be explained in the Sentinel storyline.
We decided to release the Highborne as a standalone due to the feedback we've received ever since we announced that chapters won't be released one after the other.

2: I don't believe that characters within the Highborne storyline are morons.
Each character has its own agenda and it is Malfurion who came up on top due to luck, skill and the sacrifices he committed. Throughout the story, he has no regard for any of his allies and his only purpose is ultimate power which leads him to victory. Such as: Absorbing several fountains of power including the ones in 'Shattered Skies'. Testing his mettle against Legion lieutenants, etc.
Kil'jaeden is obsessed with the World Tree and his impatience leads to his downfall.
Shahraz's intention is to follow Jaraxxus. Due to his demise, She is blinded by anger and revenge for the Druid separating her forces from Kil'jaeden who cannot keep things in check due to the disaster that happened in 'War at Mount Hyjal'. It was his plan to use the portal to enter Azeroth. Due to Malfurion's involvement, his plan backfired drastically, leaving many of the Legion forces in disarray as seen in 'Battle for Tomorrow'.
Velinde Starstrike's Guardians have no faith in the Sentinels which is why she refuses to send aid to their cause. Velinde didn't expect Malfurion to corrupt their Sacred Waters which led to their defeat. The orcs who she fought acted as a distraction while Malfurion went on with his evil plan.
Magtheridon's intention is to lead the Burning Legion. Due to Shahraz's insults in 'Battle for Tomorrow', he intends on using Malfurion to kill Kil'jaeden and becoming the Leader of the Legion. However, the Pit Lord is too arrogant which makes him underestimate Malfurion. Furion ensures that nothing is left of the Legion.
Medivh and Cenarius communicated, Magtheridon and Shahraz communicated, Kil'jaeden and Kazzak communicated; Azshara and Illidan communicated, Malfurion and Kath'ranis communicated. This is seen throughout numerous cutscenes in the story. Everyone is a threat, not just Malfurion, so their attention is diverted as seen in 'The Last Guardian'. The player leading Malfurion's actions based on their 'decision' ( if the campaign was complete) led to that outcome by overwhelming his opponents in various boss fights. If you want to see Malfurion defeated in the Highborne story, lose a boss fight and press Defeat.:p Then the story would end

3: Turnro's alternative universe does not follow the 'canon'. Certain characters, elements, and events are used but heavily modified. They are more of an 'what if' events. So the story is no way bound to the original lore, not in character behavior and neither in who's stronger. Regarding having lots of highborne present: The highborne that Malfurion commands aren't the original highborne from the Prelude. Illidan explains how the "new highborne" were created by siphoning the Corrupted Fountains' powers. This is shown in Chapter 1 and later explained in 'Lying in Deceit' by Kath'ranis that his highborne need arcane energies in order to survive. The real highborne are the Naga that follows Azshara and their hatred can be seen throughout gameplay dialogue in 'Shattered Skies'. Azshara also calls Malfurion's highborne impure in 'The Last Guardian'.

4: Malfurion's Quest is a part of a series. It is the ending to 'Turnro's Warcraft 3' series as mentioned in the 'Custom Campaign' menu. If you want to find out more about the Lich King, Arthas, Dreadlords, play the other campaigns in the series.
1: Rowan the Wise - What happens to the Scourge, the reveal of a custom character that triggers many events in Malfurion's Quest
2: Jeopardy for the Horde - You can find out more about the Legion, its leadership and inner conflicts
3: Resurrection of the Scourge - The Dreadlords, more information about the Legion and what leads to Malfurion's Quest
4: Malfurion's Quest - The finale

The highborne call Malfurion 'Shan'do' because that's what he is to them. Other characters call him so in their attempt to reach out to him.

We're glad you enjoyed the gameplay.

Play the other ones of Turnro's campaigns starting from the human to orc then undead. Some of the questions you have were answered in the other campaigns.

Also I agree with you. The thing that really bugs me is that the demons's dialogue are as if they are not demons but real life humans. Malfurion getting too op really pissed me off too. I kinda wish there was a mission or cinematic that a titan appears out of nowhere and kills him.

What is this...Kil'jaeden acting with emotions like real life humans? :p

Only Shahraz shows some 'sentimental' feelings towards Jaraxxus and Jaraxxus only. The other demons don't care who lives, who dies, and they're ruthless in all their actions throughout the entire campaign.
Malfurion's journey and his actions lead him to become as strong as he is in the end.
By absorbing the 'fountains of power' that ultimately created the 'new highborne'. The implications that it's due to their presence that the land was'corrupted' plays a very important role in Malfurion's change. If such powers are absorbed by a druid, who knows what could be unleashed in the world, especially if they're absorbed by the strongest of the Druids. Top that with arcane energies and Ysera's Heart and you got yourself a really powerful character.
What took Malfurion to get this strong?
The result is seen throughout the story: Everything.

Level 29
That's only realistic if the person in question is already pretty crazy, which Malfurion wasn't and didn't have any reason to be.

You have to remember that Malfurion fought on the War of the Ancients, where he saw the full might of the Burning Legion and the horrors demons are capable of. Stuff like that leave scars, scars that might only exist in the deepest corners of hearts but can come out to the surface if certain condittions are met.

Well yeah, he had help, but a lot of his success is due to his personal power, which everyone just has to mention every time they're talking to him for some reason. I mean, somehow, he can do all sorts of things with this magic that he's never worked with before(like the weird blood in the fountain thing) so good for him, but at certain points it just gets obnoxious.

Yeah. That is why I think he had outside help.

Yes, we get it, Malfurion is amazing and OP, shut up about it already. And the dragons/Cenarious not only had plenty of time to focus on Malfurion after Tyrande told them about him, but even in the eleventh hour they didn't rally themselves and focused on him at Hyjal. Yes, the Naga and Legion were there too, and at some point they went on the offensive, but why didn't the Aspects themselves stay behind with Medivh to fend off Malfurion, or at least stay with together with Ysera? He's already destroyed Cenarius and has succeded in everything he wanted, his track record making him already more dangerous and damaging that Kil'jaeden* has during this campaign. And letting ALL of this aside, Nozdormu can see the future, why didn't he see this coming? And let's say there were too many possible futures, he mentioned that he WENT back in time and saved some people, so why not go to his past self and the other aspects and warn them of all of this so they could be prepared? Why not kill Malfurion directly before he wakes, actually.

That is what happens when the villain is both powerful and ruthlessly competent and the good guys may have the power to beat the villain but simply don't know how to use said power properly.

Where was Malygos, Alexstrazza and Nozdormu during the battle for the Well? The four of them could have easily beat Malfurion, Kil'jaeden and Azshara at a time.

Oh right, I know that campaign. Didn't play through it entirely though. And I take it this Campaign universe is also tied to Jeopardy of the Horde or something similar? The last stand at the end looked like that Orc town Drek'thar established.

Yes. The events of 'The Adventures of Rowan the Wise' led to 'Jeopardy of the Horde' that led to 'Ressurection of the Scourge' which led to this.

I think it's mentioned, correct me if I'm wrong, that Sargeras and Archimonde were killed.

I don't think Sargeras was killed and there are no mentions about Archimonde.

Here's the thing. Demons in Warcraft, and pretty much any fictional universe I know of, do not HAVE democratic systems where they vote for their leaders. Charisma doesn't matter in the least here, it's all about power and intelligence(up to a point), and there's no way the Legion would follow a dumb Pit Lord over an Eredar like Kil'jaeden. There's just no comparison. And being snide towards him when it's admitted that the Legion can't rebel against him because he's too strong is just stupid. He's also kind of dumb since he doesn't do anything to curb disrespectful behaviour but eh.

Azgalor wasn't dumb. He was the one that corrupted the orcs, the one behind the Scourge and the one that staged the events of 'Jeopardy of the Horde'. So basically he is as cunning as Kil'jaeden from the original canon.

This Kil'jaeden doesn't seem to have his canon counterpat's skills. His plan was simply to reach Mount Hyjal and take the powers of the Well, something that was pretty much written in the Book of Medivh, and Tichondrius was already planning this before Kil'jaeden killed him.

And his plan was pretty much screwed right from the start. The orcs that served as guards to the portal were nothing compared to the guardians of Mount Hyjal and the portal itself was instable. And rather than attempting to create a better portal, he decides to test it, putting several of his troops in danger. Even if Malfurion wasn't there, the portal would have most likely blown up like it did and killed several demons.

Level 4
@FallenStar that cinematic is far from realistic. I mean you cant just tell your boss that he is a failure and get no punishment not to mention theyre demons and somehow Sargeras didnt do anything to Kj after he was called a failure. What I am talking about is that whenever I read the dialogues, they are talking like real life humans especially since underlings talk as if they are on equal footing with their master. Also getting mad is natural for a demon. In fact I think it is the only emotion that any demon will feel. Yeah the story showed furion's journey but it is still annoying tho. I honestly thought Malfurion and Kj would both end up dead and I think he only consumed two fountains and that slightly bothers me since I find it doubtful that two powerups from some fountain would be enough. So can I ask this. Is the Legion and Scourge in this universe not as strong and their masters not as powerful as they are in the original warcraft lore? Because if they arent then it would explain how easily they are defeated

Level 7
@FallenStar that cinematic is far from realistic. I mean you cant just tell your boss that he is a failure and get no punishment not to mention theyre demons and somehow Sargeras didnt do anything to Kj after he was called a failure. What I am talking about is that whenever I read the dialogues, they are talking like real life humans especially since underlings talk as if they are on equal footing with their master. Also getting mad is natural for a demon. In fact I think it is the only emotion that any demon will feel. Yeah the story showed furion's journey but it is still annoying tho. I honestly thought Malfurion and Kj would both end up dead and I think he only consumed two fountains and that slightly bothers me since I find it doubtful that two powerups from some fountain would be enough. So can I ask this. Is the Legion and Scourge in this universe not as strong and their masters not as powerful as they are in the original warcraft lore? Because if they arent then it would explain how easily they are defeated

That cutscene was made by Blizzard and that's how they view their demon lord. If you do not agree with the developer's point of view that's your choice and I respect it.
There's no concrete view on how 'demons' should be in the Warcraft universe.
The idea of orcs, for example, is that they're just as ruthless as the demons in some universes such as Lord of the Rings. The Blackrock clan is the closest to that as we can get but we've also noticed that Thrall and other Orcs do have emotions and feelings pretty much like humans but with different ideologies and appearances..
The same can be said about demonic clans. There are different classes, they think, they act different and they also talk differently.
If their presentation does not meet your expectations, then that's entirely alright but your ' how they should be' is a point that can be debated since it's mostly your preference on it.

The Corruption that Malfurion has it's ever growing. It spreads throughout his body in the story gradually. Absorbing the fountains' powers just hastens the process. And he does absorb more than 2 fountains of powers, those beings the one present in 'Shattered Skies' when the player has to recover Malfurion's powers.

The Legion and the Scourge are very powerful but the difference between the original and this alternative universe is that they're in conflict and quite separated which makes them less united for the same goal.

Level 4
That cutscene was made by Blizzard and that's how they view their demon lord. If you do not agree with the developer's point of view that's your choice and I respect it.
There's no concrete view on how 'demons' should be in the Warcraft universe.
The idea of orcs, for example, is that they're just as ruthless as the demons in some universes such as Lord of the Rings. The Blackrock clan is the closest to that as we can get but we've also noticed that Thrall and other Orcs do have emotions and feelings pretty much like humans but with different ideologies and appearances..
The same can be said about demonic clans. There are different classes, they think, they act different and they also talk differently.
If their presentation does not meet your expectations, then that's entirely alright but your ' how they should be' is a point that can be debated since it's mostly your preference on it.

The Corruption that Malfurion has it's ever growing. It spreads throughout his body in the story gradually. Absorbing the fountains' powers just hastens the process. And he does absorb more than 2 fountains of powers, those beings the one present in 'Shattered Skies' when the player has to recover Malfurion's powers.

The Legion and the Scourge are very powerful but the difference between the original and this alternative universe is that they're in conflict and quite separated which makes them less united for the same goal.

Oh now I see. I never read what those fountains were called in Shattered Skies. Now that I think about it Malfurion's skin did change twice or thrice I think during the whole campaign. I really need to pay attention to the details.

What I mean by demons talking like humans was shown in the interlude after Malfurion shattered the lands around Hyjal. Shahraz got infuriated at Kj and he was like explaining himself. That part reminds me of like a family arguing where one would just try to comfort the other even tho they know it's their fault and even tho I find it really entertaining, it still feels weird and to be honest I actually thought Kj would kill her for speaking like that.

Also based on your reply, in terms of strength I guess original warcraft lore scourge and legion > this universe scourge and legion?

Another thing. Can I ask for spoilers? Are we gonna find out who that voice was that made Malfurion consume the first fountain and where the fountains came from?

Level 7
Oh now I see. I never read what those fountains were called in Shattered Skies. Now that I think about it Malfurion's skin did change twice or thrice I think during the whole campaign. I really need to pay attention to the details.

What I mean by demons talking like humans was shown in the interlude after Malfurion shattered the lands around Hyjal. Shahraz got infuriated at Kj and he was like explaining himself. That part reminds me of like a family arguing where one would just try to comfort the other even tho they know it's their fault and even tho I find it really entertaining, it still feels weird and to be honest I actually thought Kj would kill her for speaking like that.

Also based on your reply, in terms of strength I guess original warcraft lore scourge and legion > this universe scourge and legion?

Another thing. Can I ask for spoilers? Are we gonna find out who that voice was that made Malfurion consume the first fountain and where the fountains came from?

In this universe, the 'Burning Legion' is formed (can also be seen in Resurrection of the Scourge) by the unification of several large demonic clans. Each one of these has their own agenda but they do follow one Leader. However, not all of them follow the leader out of fear. The relationship between Shahraz and Jaraxxus will be seen in the Sentinel storyline as well and you'll understand why she is so mad in this one. But to cut it short with no spoilers. If your closest person perished to you because of another despite your warnings, wouldn't you be affected by it? Kil'jaeden is insanely powerful in this campaign and in the Legion but he cannot accomplish his purpose on his own. Defeating or distracting Medivh, the Sentinels, the Guardians, all the creatures who would guard Azeroth as well as the Dragon aspects is just too much for him to accomplish on his own which means he needs a large army to combat all of those forces.
Shahraz is suspicious about using that portal as seen in 'War at mount Hyjal' but Kil'jaeden refuses to listen to her warnings, which leads to a disastrous event for the Legion and for her since her closest perishes (Jaraxxus). The reason why Kil'jaeden cannot kill her it's because he needs her forces focused on Azeroth and not against each other. If whatever is left of the Legion starts fighting with themselves then there's no way for him to focus on Azeroth. Shahraz controls all the Shivvara along with a couple of Eredar forces (seen in Howling Treachery). Would Kil'jaeden want that against him or in Azeroth? Kil'jaeden mentions his frustration and irritation and the fact he can do nothing about it in 'Battle for Tomorrow' Kil'jaeden: 'I should burn your forces to the ground. Once I acquire the power of the World Tree, I will no longer need armies to overcome my adversaries'.
I hope this answers some of your questions and frustration.

The Legion strength and the Scourge's strength is pretty much equal to the original lore, the difference being is that here they're more often in conflict with one another and has more consequences.
There are conflicts seen in Warcraft III The Frozen Throne as well, quite plenty if you ask me. I suppose that the impact happening in this universe it's easier to spot here and we didn't prefer to linger on that outcome that much as it would take away from other characters.

I cannot give you any spoilers I'm afraid. The story is something we've worked on a lot and it was thought through the Highborne and the Sentinel path.
There are events here that will frustrate you or won't make as much sense that will be revealed in the Sentinel decision.
And the sentinel path will have certain events that will already make sense to you even if they're not on screen because you've played the Highborne one.
It's that simple.
And yes, most of your questions including the voice and more will be seen throughout the Sentinel path as they play a major role in the story.

Level 1
Hi Turnro, thanks for the excellent campaign, I've completed the highborne campaign and really enjoyed it! (dark as it is)
Can the sentinel storyline be played yet? If so how do I play it?
As of now my campaign in mission 2 has no option to destroy the fountain.
upload_2019-4-25_22-15-23.png

Last edited:
Level 5
Hi Turnro, thanks for the excellent campaign, I've completed the highborne campaign and really enjoyed it! (dark as it is)
Can the sentinel storyline be played yet? If so how do I play it?
As of now my campaign in mission 2 has no option to destroy the fountain.
View attachment 321597
The Sentinel Storyline isn't finished yet. That's why it's disabled to destroy the fountain.

Level 2
Hi Turnro, I've been playing the Malfurion quest you created last year. Honestly, it's very cool among the other's campaigns I'm played for. ^_^ Actually I'm a big fan of yours :D

I have one question: Why can't i play the "Malfurion quest 1.4b", Part of Chapter 4 Part 1. When I open the game the screen is black and no loading and the map. heheh... Like this:

I hope I can play your 1.4b full, I'm very curious about the following story of Malfurion Stormrage after obtaining the power of World Tree. HAHAHAH :D
2.png
1.png

Level 30
Malfurion's Quest v1.4.1b is now live! The new update contains several bug fixes and gameplay balances when the campaign was initially launched back in January. You can read the full patch notes below.

With the most pressing issues resolved, I will now begin working on the Sentinel story-line maps. There isn't an estimate I can give on when this will be done, as I wish to spend as much time as possible to make the final version of Malfurion's Quest as best as I possibly can.

Overall, I hope you all enjoy the latest update and stay tuned :)

full

BUG FIXES/GAMEPLAY CHANGES
- Revised the entire campaign for map leaks
- Fixed a bug where the background music would randomly stop playing after a cutscene
- Hero, unit, building and spell stats no longer change depending on the player's Warcraft 3 version
- Resolved a bug where carrying certain items on Malfurion would cause him to lose his stat benefits while in his Twisted Ancient form
- Fixed an issue where Malfurion would lose all bonus skill points acquired throughout the campaign after using a Tome of Retraining in his Twisted Ancient form
- Resolved a bug where the Book of Spiders and Staff of Corruption shared the same cooldown group
- Increased the build time for all furbolg units in Chapter 3
- Made numerous fountain changes in Chapters 3 & 8
- Resolved a bug in Chapter 4 Part 2 where Tyrande would not turn invisible during the boss fight phases
- Added additional enemy Sacred Wells for the Guardians in Chapter 5
- Velinde must now survive during the final boss fight in Chapter 5
- Changed the model of the Fountains of Power in Chapter 6 to look more corrupted
- Fixed a bug where the Crystal Golem's hit points were not correct on certain levels in the bonus map of Chapter 6
- Increased the amount of enemies to kill between each phase of Velinde's boss fight in Chapter 6
- Resolved a bug in Chapter 6 where Illidan would occasionally become permanently invulnerable during the end boss fight
- Made slight rune changes to all boss fights in Chapter 6
- Moved the location of the Secret Key in Chapter 7
- Added more gold to several Gold Mines in Chapter 7
- Moved the location of the Orb of Thorns from Chapter 7 to Chapter 8
- Magtheridon now starts off with the Orb of the Legion in Chapter 8
- Reduced the time required to protect Malfurion at each obelisk in Chapter 8 from 4 to 3 minutes
- Reduced the time in order to reach most of the obelisks in Chapter 8
- Resolved some obelisk timer bugs in Chapter 8
- Added an additional Way Gate near the path to Ysera's Heart in Chapter 8
- Resolved an issue in Chapter 8 where Malfurion's Pouch would remain inaccessible once Malfurion revived
- Reduced the attack rate of all enemy AI bases in Chapter 9
- Increased the build time of all enemy dragon units in Chapter 9
- All Night Elf AI bases no longer rebuild lost structures on Normal difficulty in Chapter 9
- Fixed an issue in Chapter 9 where Malfurion would have his normal spells while in his Twisted Ancient Form
- Fixed an exploit in Chapter 9 where the player could complete the mission without activating the Demon and Naga enemy AI bases
- Changed the armor type of Dream Portals to Heavy Armor in Chapter 10
- Slightly decreased Kil'jaeden's auto attack damage in Chapter 10
- Decreased the power of Kil'jaeden's Meteor Strike and Armageddon spells on Normal difficulty in Chapter 10
- Changed the number of meteors summoned while Kil'jaeden channels Meteor Strike to make the spell feel progressively harder throughout his boss fight in Chapter 10

HERO/UNIT/ITEM CHANGES
- Increased the duration of Malfurion's Meteor Strike spell to 6 seconds
- Added a death sound to Tyrande's model
- Reduced the melee damage reflected from Barkskin for Furbolg Shaman to 15%
- Royal Archer attack range increased to 600
- Decreased the mana cost of Arcane Arrows for Royal Archers to 6
- Highmistress clones now only last half as long if the cloned unit is a Hero
- Renamed Elite Highguard to Highguard
- Reduced Arcane Wyrm hit points to 465
- Increased the hit points of Felhounds to 975
- Academy hit points decreased to 1200
- Added a death animation to Mana Wells
- The Demon Blade is now classified as an artifact
- Reduced Orb of Thorns's aura melee reflect damage to 10%
- Increased the mana burnt by the Wand of Feedback against Heroic units from 4 to 6
- Shield of Darkness now grants 33% magic damage reduction for Heroes. In light of this change, bonus armor has been reduced to 5 and piercing damage reduction to 33%
- Removed stock start delays for all items purchased from neutral shops throughout the campaign

Level 2
Thank You Turnro and Daffa The Mage, I appreciate it. :):) and I will wait for the Sentinel Story. HAHAHA.. I keeping update on your gameplay. ^_^

Level 15
Not a big fan of Highbone late-game tech-tree. I think you could have been a lot more creative with some cool Highborne units instead of using these demonic ones. And they even got pretty boring abilities.

Level 7
This campaign is awesome, particularly I love how it has diverging storylines, this is quite rare in the warcraft universe, other campaigns may give you choices and other things, but so far to my knowledge this is the only one where you have 2 different stories depending on a choice, keep up the excellent work @Turnro

Level 1
Hello everyone I've just watched the trailer of the map and its just crazy I already love it.
I do my best thru the whole day to somehow start this map and play it but unfortunately I cant see it in my warcraft 3.
When I start the game and try to find the map and play it I cant find it.
Where could be the problem ? I'm using patch 1.30 and also 1.26.
What patch I need ? Or do i have to put the map in " maps " folder ?
Any help will be veeeeeery appreciate it !!!

Level 7
Hello everyone I've just watched the trailer of the map and its just crazy I already love it.
I do my best thru the whole day to somehow start this map and play it but unfortunately I cant see it in my warcraft 3.
When I start the game and try to find the map and play it I cant find it.
Where could be the problem ? I'm using patch 1.30 and also 1.26.
What patch I need ? Or do i have to put the map in " maps " folder ?
Any help will be veeeeeery appreciate it !!!

- You need the latest Warcraft III patch.
- Then go to Documents
- Warcraft III
- Create a folder called "Campaigns"
- Place the campaign in there
- Play the game

Level 1
I just updated the game to 1.31. and I am unable to load the old save files of this Campaign and furthermore if I just start the latest chapter (7) it crashes at a certain point. Is there any way to solve this problem, or to patch back to 1.30.?

Level 6
I just updated the game to 1.31. and I am unable to load the old save files of this Campaign and furthermore if I just start the latest chapter (7) it crashes at a certain point. Is there any way to solve this problem, or to patch back to 1.30.?

I have the same problem but this time Everytime I launch it.

It just crash the game :(

Level 1
Hello.I have problem,where game crash at certain point in chapter two. Patch version :1.31, Malfurion's Quest 1.4b
Actually, game crash every time I encounter large cluster of highborn.This didn't happen before,I've alrdy finish 1.2 version(to chepter 6),so I decided to start over.Does anyone have same issue?Could it be that 1.31 patch is faulty?

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi :) How do you roll back patch from 1.31 to 1.30?

Level 5
@Turnro

There're some bugs

1) In chapter 3 where you 1 have a base neutral creatures are not hostile

2) Chapted four won't start. Just black screen after the interlude

Playthrough

1.26.0.6401 version

Last edited:
Level 30
Hello.I have problem,where game crash at certain point in chapter two. Patch version :1.31, Malfurion's Quest 1.4b
Actually, game crash every time I encounter large cluster of highborn.This didn't happen before,I've alrdy finish 1.2 version(to chepter 6),so I decided to start over.Does anyone have same issue?Could it be that 1.31 patch is faulty?

Yes, patch version 1.31.1 is buggy. There isn't much I can do at the moment as the bugs are as a result of the game itself, and will hopefully be patched in the next Blizzard update.

Level 1
Yes, patch version 1.31.1 is buggy. There isn't much I can do at the moment as the bugs are as a result of the game itself, and will hopefully be patched in the next Blizzard update.
Alright. I guess we wait. Thank you for the campaing.

Last edited:
Level 2
For mission 2 only work around i found is going normal and using whosyourdaddy and running past the glaive thrower with just my hero that appears to be causing the crash for me anyways, also is there only supposed to be one choice in this build?

I can safe to say The glaive throwers are causing your game to crash do you have a proc on them? i'm on mission 3 and i just was attacked by a glaive thrower to fix the crashes you have to fix them.

Turno

Last edited:
Level 3
Given that the campaign has only been just released, it might be best to pull off from translating it until a later stage.
Hello,Turnro!How are you?
I thought that " a later stage" which you said has arrived and I can translaring this campaign officially right now .I hope you can be in favor of me.

Level 5
Btw I could transalte into russian I'm good at that

Also I didn't quite get what could I do to fix my bug :D

Level 3
Is there anything you require from me in order to potentially translate the campaign?
Yes. The thing I need is trust. I will translate the campaign without any change which beyond translation trust me on this, no much else.