• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 3
well thats great to know that its a possibility and, but its sad becuase its going to take 2 years or more to be done With the entire campaign, but on the plus side its going to be GREAT!!!

Level 7
so, uh, I was playing on patch 1.30 and after It reached the third mission, it crashed. Why?

Does it crash everytime you are starting it?
Are you playing Malfurion's Quest 1.4b or one of the older versions?
Try and repatch your Warcraft 3 game and try again.
We haven't encountered this issue with the game crashing during this chapter

Level 13
Just a quick question. Do you have any plans of release melee map/maps in witch we can play as highborne and/or enhanced sentinels?

Level 31
Just a quick question. Do you have any plans of release melee map/maps in witch we can play as highborne and/or enhanced sentinels?

That is something I have considered, though probably not anytime soon. We shall see.

Help... My game crashed at chap 5...:((

At what point in Chapter 5 did the game crash for you?

Level 2
xxxzxc.jpg
????????????????????????

Level 2
where i fiind th4is pack 1.29.2....i try on google but if i try to instal pack 1.29.2 i instal him with PTR beta

Attachments

• 123444444444444444444444444.jpg
    123444444444444444444444444.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 180
Level 2
Just finished the campaign with hard difficulity, the hardest part is when trying to destroy the Medivh forces with their dragon army and can't do anything about the Legion and Naga frequent attack till i got a nice strategy. The ending really satisfy me and i like how you handle Illidan, Velinde soul when she died, what Nozdormu said and didn't forget about Thrall. I feels really sad tho about how Furion changes, the mysterious voice still remain a mystery and i'm sure you will make him appear in the Sentinel route.
There's a little bug that i notice. When you fight Illidan, sometimes when he become invulnerable he didn't run to heal up but instead he attack us and remain invulnerable, also when i pick up a rune his health also restored. In chapter 9 my Demon summoning item is gone and i suddenly have Permanent Amulet of Recall with no cooldown, gonna check my saved games once again just in case im wrong

Edit : At chapter 9, Magtheridon Infernal didn't get an upgrade from the Foundry, making his Infernal weaker than Legion Infernal

Last edited:
Level 1
Guys, how to install campaign to 1.30.4, I just dont see the directory "Campaigns" to install it, in this version of the game, while 1.26 is just bugged and unplayble.

Level 5
Guys, how to install campaign to 1.30.4, I just dont see the directory "Campaigns" to install it, in this version of the game, while 1.26 is just bugged and unplayble.
you must find the wc3 folder in "documents". then you must create a subfolder there, named as "campaigns", to save custom campaigns you downloaded or created.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I need to buy w3 from battle.net to update the latest pack?
@skarfyy: Warcraft 3 has never been a free game to begin with.

Please attach your valid CD-Keys to your Battle.net account.

you must find the wc3 folder in "documents". then you must create a subfolder there, named as "campaigns", to save custom campaigns you downloaded or created.
@Andrias: please also read:
Warcraft III Data Migration - Blizzard Support

Level 2
You have to find a secret key, I don't remember where it was.
yes, after next hour. on the beggining of the chapter -.- in subquest, in prison, in barrel, when i destroy both bases i found it -.- and then i say: "**** **** ****, go to next chapter" :(

who tell me, in this vault is scepter of healing?

Level 4
Does 1.4b require 1.30 Warcraft 3? Because Malfurion's model is just a fancy wisp and when I got to the second chapter only one option is available. I only have 1.27b Warcraft tho

Level 11
Does 1.4b require 1.30 Warcraft 3? Because Malfurion's model is just a fancy wisp and when I got to the second chapter only one option is available. I only have 1.27b Warcraft tho
Only one option is available because only highborne story is finished now. And yes, I think you must have a more recent patch in order the map to run all models and stuffs...

Level 13
Hi guys. Don't know if you've seen or read my first comment here a couple of weeks ago. Anyway on my normal run I haven't seen a single bug, which is beyond impressive. However on my hard run I did encounter a couple of bugs. Not sure if you like people reporting bugs, but here I go anyway:
  1. In the boss fight in chapter 5 when Smolderas kills Kath'ranis you loose. But on my second try he killd Velinde and I didn't loose. Not sure if it's a bug or if it was intended. I also noticed while scouting with an air unit that Velinde is unable to use Hide, again not sure if it's a bug.
  2. In chapter 6 final boss fight Illidan attacks you even after turning invulnerable. Didn't happen on normal run.
  3. At the beginning of Cenarius boss fight Malfurion turns into Corrupted Ancient, but he is still able to use his Night Elf abilities.
  4. After reaching Nordrassil in chapter 9, the game crashes. Didn't happen to me on normal run. Also noticed that a Priestess of the Moon has spikes similar to those of a Crypt Lord, and that Magtheridon's Infernal has upgradable attack and defense, unlike in chapter 8.
Again don't know if you've seen my first comment or if you liked any of the stuff I said there. But, please, at least consider keeping Magtheridon's and his units's (felhound, demoness and void minion) color purple in chapters 8 and 9. Magtheridon really imo looks more like a clown in red than a scary pit lord we fought in blood elf campaign. His units, especially Demoness, also look bad in red. It would also make sense storywise science Magtheridon and his demons aren't Malfurion's slaves like Velinde and the highborne. Maybe Magtheridon can become red after drinking Velind's blood. Their building looks good in red, it was made by the highborne anyway, but the units themselves don't. Also make Magtheridon start with somekind of demon orb ( Orb of Mannaroth or something, that fires demoness projectile) so that he can attack air units from the start of chapter 8 and not be forced to buy highborne orb. Magtheridon in red and with icy orb just looks ridiculous imo. Anyway once again congrats and thank you for this awesome campaign. Good luck and cheers!!!
P.S. sorry if I'm annoying or if I'm bothering you.

Level 3
Just wanted to say that People that are curious about where the scepter of healing is, its in Chap 7 (obvs) and you need to do the second side quest that says to free the highborne from prison, and its going to suck trying to free them without killing them (if you are doing both the side quests at once) and you need to break a barrel that is inside the actuall prison AND you need to Escape, also making sure that your troops doesnt kill the guards watching the cell. So overall if you want a crazy challange GO for it, but its not really all that Worth it espacially on hard mode its not ideal having it on the final boss or else, sure 400 healing(plus 12 Int when on hard mode) is maybe good, but not in my case. just wanted to let it out

Level 2
At ch 5 (High) after u complete the mission to disrupt the obelisks it crashes...
Dont know is that related to it being the last quest I did or because the end of ch or what...
Some help plz

Level 4
What is the minimum warcraft version that can run this game properly? And are both storylines released already or just the highborne?

Level 31
At ch 5 (High) after u complete the mission to disrupt the obelisks it crashes...
Dont know is that related to it being the last quest I did or because the end of ch or what...
Some help plz

This is a known bug that is currently being worked on.

What is the minimum warcraft version that can run this game properly? And are both storylines released already or just the highborne?

It is highly recommended to play Malfurion's Quest on the latest version of Warcraft 3 , which is current 1.30.4. It may work on earlier versions of 1.30, though I cannot guarantee that it will work.

Only the Highborne story is released at the moment, The Sentinel story will be worked on and released at a later date.

Level 3
I just finished the Malfurion Quest 1.4, it was very long and I must admit I like it, of course the ending was the one I dislike, how evil and twisted Malfurion became, I coundn't believed.
For the gameplay, it was awesome and intense, the first chapters were kinda hard because the enemy was attacking the units I had and that annoyed me that I had to save in every moment but somehow I manage it, the last chapters were super hard to surpass but thanks to the Legendary Items I manage to surpass them, I mean, like everyone against you WOW, and I do like challenges and I like the new units, for allies and enemies.
For the difficulty choices, I'm fine with this, putting everything that was on Insane in Hard was the best choice, not just for the codes, but the playability and strategy and the rest because, like I said, it was intense.
For the story, I will only say that Malfurion was doing everything just for his ambitions, ever since he comsume the corrupted well, with every chapter he become more vile and despicable, it was tragic and evil. When I got this kinda of games with two paths, I always choose the bad path because I want to finish the game with the good path and you made the right choice to do it.
I found some mistakes while playing, some words are bad written, in some interludes Malfurion had a Brilliance Aura instead of Affinity Aura and 2 Orbs of Fire and I hadn't pick them, on the last chapters when I finished a chapter as Twisted Ancient, I appear as that in the next one and he supposed to start as Malfurion, right?

Anyway, I heard that you are working in a new patch or version to fix these mistakes and bugs, I'm not sure how long it will take because I want to hear news about the development of the Sentinel Storyline because I want to finish the game in a good way, you know what I mean. Also I might have some ideas that you could consider, if you want.
And at the end: Excelent Work for both of you!!! Keep like that, we'll be cheering you up to finish this magnificent campaign!!!

Level 8
Hey Turno, I must say i have enjoyed mostly every part so faar of the Highborne story line. Its just how evil Furion became that is horrorfying. You have done a magical job with this story. I am more exited about how the Sentinel one will play out. And if we are going to see anything of that made those elite NE sentinels so powerfull, as if we are going to have a reason to protect the power source or something like that, thanks for your campaigns. Playd all 3 you have made, havent disliked anyone of them, but this might be the best one.

Level 2
Hey turnro, nice work on the highborne storyline....By the way, In the last guardian mission I found an item named pathing item on a cliff which is unreachable (cliff near the fountain of power)....is it misplaced or is it an Easter egg??

Level 31
So for clariyfication, full relase of Malfurion's quest is in late 2019 or early 2020?

The release will be announced at the proper time, which will be a while yet.

Hey turnro, nice work on the highborne storyline....By the way, In the last guardian mission I found an item named pathing item on a cliff which is unreachable (cliff near the fountain of power)....is it misplaced or is it an Easter egg??

It could be like the Phat Newt in the Prologue Campaign lol