1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Turnro, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Fro

Fro

Resources:
    Resources:
    I knew it this campaign ain't over.

2. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with MogulKahn and Warseeker. If players intends to ruin their campaign experience, they should use cheats, Turnro. Since the situation is that complicated, I would recommend you to enable cheats. Who likes going back to previous chapter(s) only because of items, anyway? :)

3. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry, I understand that I didn't explain myself properly.

The problem is not to do with the map traveling itself. That part works perfectly. I was more referring to cheat disabling while in the sub-maps, since losing these maps and restarting through the menu would only bring the player back to the beginning of the sub-map rather than the start of the chapter. This bug would allow players to complete the sub-maps multiple times, stacking up on the same powerful items they can find.

I have prevented this issue by allowing cheats to be used in the sub-maps. After reading the comments so far, this seems to be the best solution for now.

4. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, if you think that enable cheats will be wise for the player, then do it, But I'm not so sure about that,
    Why would anybody to use cheats in the progress of the sub-maps (That will ruin the exp campaign)
    Btw, I'm not sure what kind of Warcraft 3 cheats are you reffering to, I don't see how this would work?

Edit : I got it, For example, instead of restarting the whole maps from the begining, you could go through cheats (Ex : Whosyourdaddy Cheat), since the maps are already being played before, but honestly turnro, only campaign maker do so, instead of repeating the game while testing
    Personally, This is the second time I played your campaign (Malfurion's Quest) the original and the last update, and I have no problem restarting from zero, yeah why? That's will give me more experience/ Strategy
    To understand how the AI of ennemies works, maybe finding some hidden items you didn't notice them the first time you've played this campaign (Specialy if you update the previous maps)
    So, for me disable those cheats or not it's still a problem (They are some people whom don't like to wast their time, even if it's the first they play the campaign or the difficulty level is too hard for them)
    Anyway, let it the same, It's people decision

5. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    I do :D
    Especially when the items give a big boost to stats or a very useful item
    other than that it dont matter to me

6. ccpp

ccpp

Resources:
    Resources:
    I totally agree with MogulKhan/Warseeker/Lazarator : allowing cheats as a (temporary?) solution.

7. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    So the cheats will be allowed in hard mode , right ? Are you going to change some of the artefacts to balance or something ?

8. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Turnro

I had a better idea! Since you want to disable cheats, how about this idea :

When u update this campaign and add more chapter, what about if u could just make those new chapters Visible for the player (Inside Campaign Editor) not all, ex : the last chapter was for example 4 , in this new update, make chapter 5 visible (boutton) instead of restarting from the begining of the game,
    Don't worry, the Game-Cache works perfectly (If it's not deleted by the user inside the save folder) now the player can normaly continue the progress, same items he already have.
    For me that's a better solution, and now you can disable cheats if you want if you're using this idea....

9. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi Warseeker,

I've actually answered this question through your profile, but I'll re-answer it here since it is something other people will benefit from.

When the new update comes out, you will be able to skip to the new chapters by typing in specific cheat codes in the first chapter. These cheat codes will be different from the previous update of Malfurion's Quest, and will be available once the update comes out. This action also unlocks the previous chapters, depending on the story you wish to skip to.

Automatically making these maps visible in the loading screen doesn't seem right for this campaign, as it would make it extremely confusing to those who have never played Malfurion's Quest before.

10. MURDER KING

MURDER KING

Resources:
    Resources:
    whathever is your choice i will play the campaign without cheat codes,my opinion anyone will play how they desire,so for me it's not anymore important with the cheat codes.

11. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi guys,

Really sorry, but I still need one more day to finalize the update before releasing it onto Hive. Will keep you informed once it is done.

12. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    Take all the time you need man
    Perfection like yours needs alot of work and time
    Cant wait for that update:ogre_hurrhurr:

13. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Merry Christmas everyone! The new update for Malfurion's Quest is available, which includes 5 new maps and several bug fixes.

For those who wish to skip to the new content, read the instructions below:

Chapter skip codes

1. Enter the campaign as per usual and play Chapter 1 - A Destiny Unravels
    2. Once in, press enter and type one of the following codes:
    "sentinel 13" (this will skip to Chapter 4 of the Sentinel storyline)
    "highborne 12" (this will skip to Chapter 4 Part 1 of the Highborne storyline)

NOTE: Typing these codes will also unlock all existing maps before it in the loading screen, depending on which story line you choose to skip to.

When you download the new version of Malfurion's Quest, it is highly recommended that you DO NOT change the name of the file. Doing so may cause the map traveling feature in Chapter 5 of the Sentinel story to no longer work.

Finally, this update is a great way to end the year and I look forward to continue to working on Malfurion's Quest into the new year :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  14. Booker

Booker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Merry Christmas! Thanks for your hard work!

15. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    The perfect christmas gift for warcraft :)

16. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome, Turnro! Can't wait to try out these new exciting maps :)

17. Yousef

Yousef

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Turnru I'm having a problem in the new Sentinals chapter
    SPOILERS
    When I find Jarod and enter the temple I have found only 8 out of 10, I used iseedeadpeople and killed everything, nothing found.

So can you check if they are indeed 10? Are they all inside or some outside?

18. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    A Merry Christmas to you Turnro, a great update, gonna check this out.

19. Forsaken

Forsaken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Yousef >.<
    I do take a time to find them hehehe
    spoiler
    Two of those tablet is not inside the temple, it's at the outside of the entrance.

And btw, Turnro, it's so fucking amazing! Can't wait to see the next chapters! OMG! IT'S AWESOME! Good luck! :)

20. Yousef

Yousef

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found 8 inside, can't find those 2 outside.