• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 10
Hello, Turnro. How are you? I hope you're well. Have you finished doing the epilogue?
Just update the campaign immediately once you're done with the epilogue. I cannot wait anymore lol. No need to stick around with the postponed release date, umm, thank you.

Level 31
Hello, Turnro. How are you? I hope you're well. Have you finished doing the epilogue?
Just update the campaign immediately once you're done with the epilogue. I cannot wait anymore lol. No need to stick around with the postponed release date, umm, thank you.

Hi Ahman,

It's not just the Epilogue that needs work. The entire campaign needs polish and is not in a complete state from start to finish. If I am to release it as it is, it would be full of bugs :(

Level 10
Hello everyone. Kept you waiting huh?

Here's the Official Malfurion's Quest Highborne Trailer in preparation for the release of 1.4b
Hope you enjoy it!

Amazing trailer! I'm feeling so hyped now. What I've noticed in the trailer:
-Mal'furion's probably gonna engage the Dragon aspects including Medivh in boss fights since he already defied Medivh before.
-Cenarius boss fight, and possibly Mal'furion sparing Illidan by forcing him to join him, or consuming his powers.
- At 4:22 is probably the final form of Mal'furion. Looks very Undead and Demonic which means that he could have consumed one of Kil'jaedin's lieutenants.
- At 3:07 is maybe the final battle against the druids and the Night elves. It's possible that Mal'furion wants to wipe them out since they went against him in multiple occasions.
- It seems that you guys are planning to use The same old Kil'Jaeden model, which is fine, but it would be awesome to use another model since there is still time.

Level 29

Here's the Official Malfurion's Quest Highborne Trailer in preparation for the release of 1.4b
Hope you enjoy it!

Very nice and well made. Good job! I am looking forward.

Maybe it would be a little cheesy, but it would be kind of cool to put an Avengers Infinity War reference in the end.

Somewhere in Malfurion's subconscious
Tyrande (the manifestation of the remnants Malfurion's former goodness): Did you defeat the Legion?
Malfurion: I did.
Tyrande: And what did it cost?
Malfurion (while looking around and seeing the corpses of all the Night Elves and Highborne he had sacrificed): Everything.

-Mal'furion's probably gonna engage the Dragon aspects including Medivh in boss fights since he already defied Medivh before.

I hope they punish him severely.

By the way, I didn't see Malygos. Why?

- At 4:22 is probably the final form of Mal'furion. Looks very Undead and Demonic which means that he could have consumed one of Kil'jaedin's lieutenants.

It would be ironic for him to become one of the creatures he tried to stop. He looking at the mirror and no longer recognizing himself.

Level 3

Hope you enjoy it!

it´s an incredible trailer, many thing in this campaign of yours and is just half of your biggest work. I highly expected to play it when it comes out and see how it ends, plus I want to try the new abilities you both made in this storyline.

Also, I hope when this 'storyline' campaign comes out, you will get to do the other one. I just have a hint for you.
Jarod's Battle Shout to silence all that have magic is useful but not much for the spellcaster units; for that he could 'blink in the middle of them and activate Battle Shout to make it work, I was thinking that it could be that 'purplue dagger' that allows the hero to blink or it could be a legendary item that have some adittion plus the 'blink' ability. Might be very useful.

Level 16
Guys, I am one of you. I play custom made campaigns. I re-installed war3 just for this campaign after a surprising request by Turnro to be a beta tester.

I will only say one thing.. it's real. All of it.

Everything you ever wanted from a warcraft 3 campaign, is finally here. There's so much else I want to say, but I will keep my quiet until the release.

Level 8
Guys, I am one of you. I play custom made campaigns. I re-installed war3 just for this campaign after a surprising request by Turnro to be a beta tester.

I will only say one thing.. it's real. All of it.

Everything you ever wanted from a warcraft 3 campaign, is finally here. There's so much else I want to say, but I will keep my quiet until the release.

"Everything you ever wanted from a warcraft 3 campaigns" Ok, if we'll have all THAT with 1 storyline, then, Sentinel one will slay too. specially going on Hard Mode as first attempt.

Level 10
Going hard mode in first attempt is going to test all your warcraft 3 knowledge, and in my opinion it's the way to go with this campaign!
I'm not sure if the new items will be available on normal mode, I suppose Turnro will need to clarify that further.
I think they're going to be available only on hard or insane difficulty, same as the previous campaigns.

Level 3
Hey Turnro and all members of the dev team, I'd like to share my enthousiasm for the upcoming release and say huge thanks for the hype !
I can't wait to play the full Highborne storyline ! I didn't see the trailer not to spoil myself but everyone seem so excited, this is gonna be HUGE !

I hope you're ready to read another twenty-pages long commentary on the campain when the release will come, because there's no doubt I'll do it again :p
Wish you luck ! Keep going, our lord and savior !

- Luke, another fan from France

Level 7
Hey Turnro and all members of the dev team, I'd like to share my enthousiasm for the upcoming release and say huge thanks for the hype !
I can't wait to play the full Highborne storyline ! I didn't see the trailer not to spoil myself but everyone seem so excited, this is gonna be HUGE !

I hope you're ready to read another twenty-pages long commentary on the campain when the release will come, because there's no doubt I'll do it again :p
Wish you luck ! Keep going, our lord and savior !

- Luke, another fan from France

We're also very excited! Thank you for the support.
The trailer is spoiler free.
Nothing major that reveals the plot so enjoy.

Last edited:
Level 6
I hope we get to see umm idk Valiende survive or not rip just like shandris from "Jeopardy of the horde" campaign

I know i said it before but just want to bring up the topic again to make sure

Last edited:
Level 10
It's 2 am on 27th here, where is the update!!! I'm going to refresh the maps section for a while.
hahahahahah! There's no need for that! Just mark the campaign's thread with email notification and you'll be good to go the moment it is updated!

Level 31
183891-albums7057-picture96367.png

Hey guys! Malfurion's Quest v1.4b is now live, bringing with it the entire Highborne story path, legendary items for Hard difficulty, numerous improvements, etc. This represents a significant milestone for the project as development first started in May 2013. The campaign can now be played from start to finish, even if there is only one story-path available at the moment.

I look forward to continuing Malfurion's Quest in the future and hope you all enjoy the latest content :)

183891-albums7057-picture97468.jpg

MAIN CHANGES
- Added the following maps:
HIGHBORNE
Interlude: Pillars of Power
Chapter 7: Howling Treachery
Interlude: Unexpected Measures
Chapter 8: Ysera's Heartbeat
Chapter 9: The Last Guardian
Chapter 10: Darkness and Sorrow
Epilogue
- Made numerous story changes throughout the campaign, affecting the following maps:
HIGHBORNE
Chapter 3: An Arch Druid Reborn
Interlude: The Yearn for Magic
Interlude: Lying in Deceit
Chapter 5: War at Mount Hyjal
Interlude: Battle for Tomorrow
Chapter 6: Shattered Skies
- The Sentinel story path maps from Chapter 3 onward have been locked for revision. These maps will become available again in v2.0
- Hard and Insane difficulty have been merged to be more consistent with the difficulty settings throughout Turnro's campaign series
- Most Anti-Cheat systems have been removed. The player will now only instantly lose in Hard difficulty if ‘WhosYourDaddy’ is used
- Added legendary items into the campaign for Hard difficulty. There are a total of 8 legendary items to find
- Some optional quests throughout the campaign now grant the player's Heroes additional skill points upon completion

HERO CHANGES
- Increased the item pick up/drop radius of Heroes by 33%
- All main Hero spells now have 4 levels instead of 3. These spells have also been rebalanced to suit this change
- Switched the hotkeys for each Hero's ultimate spell with their aura or equivalant ability. This means that Hero ultimate spells now use R, making hotkeys more consistent across Turnro's campaigns
- Updated the campaign to be compatible with Patch 1.30.3 As a result, the following spells have been affected in one way or another:
Force of Nature
Tranquility
Mystic Affinity
Arcane Explosion
Summon Moon Owl
Entangling Roots
Mass Teleport
Impaling Shot
Enchanted Arrows
Blink
- Removed Thorns Aura from Malfurion
- Renamed Wrath of Nature of Nature's Wrath
- Made numerous changes to Malfurion's Crystal Golem spell:
- Removed Taunt, Hardened Skin and Spell Immunity
- Gains Bash from Level 2 onwards
- Gains Resistant Skin from Level 3 onwards
- Decreased the mana cost of Spell Steal from 50/25/10 per level to 25/10/0
- Increased the cooldown of Spell Steal from 5/3/1 per level to 10/5/1
- Changed the color of Malfurion's and Tyrande's hair to green

SENTINEL CHANGES
- Decreased the hit points of Sentries from 575 to 550
- The Furblog Shaman's Barkskin ability now reflects 25% of melee attack damage back to enemy units. In addition, the mana cost for this spell has been increased to 35
- Increased the mana and mana regeneration rate of Furbolg Shaman

HIGHBORNE CHANGES
- Increased the attack range of Scholars from 400 to 500
- Increased the hit points of Royal Archers to 300
- Increased the attack range of Royal Archers to 550
- Increased the damage dealt by Arcane Arrows from 6 to 8
- Decreased the hit points of Battle Maidens to 525, and increased their mana capacity to 300
- Reduced the mana cost of Frost Shield to 40
- Removed the Taunt ability from Arcane Golems
- Changed the attack type of Arcane Golems to Siege, increased their damage to 27-35 and attack rate to 1.9 seconds
- Power Discharge now requires an upgrade at the Foundry. In addition, its damage has increased from 50 to 70
- Increased the mana capacity of Arcane Golems to 250
- Replaced Power Shield from Clerics with Orb of Sight, which summons an invisible orb at a target location. This spell requires no research to begin using
- Increased the healing of Mass Heal from 10 to 12. In addition, this spell now requires Cleric Adept Training before it can be used
- Anti-magic Shell for Enchantresses now absorbs 300 magic damage instead of granting spell immunity
- Enchantresses now have Counterspell instead of Energy Blast, which silences and reduces an enemy unit's damage for a set amount of time
- Added new adept and master training icons for Clerics and Enchantresses
- Highmistresses now have a proper death decay animation
- Increased the mana and mana regeneration rate of Highmistresses
- Removed the Reveal ability from Violet Sanctum/Observatory/Citadels and Arcane Towers
- Blizzard can now be used by Violet Sanctums
- Removed Wands of Illusion and Arcane Scrolls from the Vault of Power
- Staff of Absorb Mana no longer requires a Violet Observatory in order to purchase from the Vault of Power
- Added Amulets of Recall to purchase at the Vault of Power, which requires a Violet Citadel before they become available
- Highborne attack and armor upgrades now have new icons
- Revised the gold and lumber cost for several Highborne structures

GENERAL CHANGES/IMPROVEMENTS
- Updated all mission loading screen images
- Changed the user interface for the Highborne story path
- Satyr Hellcallers are now Hero-based units
- Resolved a bug in Chapter 4 Part 2 Highborne where the player could use Kath'ranis to explore out of bound areas
- Increased the hit points of Fel Orc Berserkers from 535 to 600
- Updated the Mount Hyjal Guardians to make their units more unique compared to regular night elves
- Removed the Cenarian Horn item from the game in Chapter 5 Highborne
- The player's units in "Remnants of the Ancients" have been rebalanced to make trained units more viable
- Made numerous changes to existing items throughout the game
- Reverted the hotkey for Build back to B
- Command hotkeys (such as Build, Attack, etc) can now be overwritten by player custom hotkey settings
- Updated the icon position and hotkeys for all upgrades to reflect the 1.30 patch changes
- Added a unique model for Potions of Invisibility
- Updated the Lunar Upgrade icon

Level 3
Hello,Mr.Turnro.Could you please allow me to translate this wonderful campaign other language?I have promise to do that.I would appreciate it if you could give me the chance.

Level 5
bro, you know how i love your campaign. now i'm downloading it to play the HB storyline entirely after years waiting for this moment :)

Level 1
Thank you so much for your efforts! I have been waiting for this campaign for so long. However, when I start to enjoy the story today, the model of Malfurion looks strange (please see the following picture). I wonder if there is any solution to this?
upload_2019-1-27_13-26-33.png

Level 31
Why malfurion can't show ??? Helpp

I see quite a few problems in this screenshot that doesn't happen to me. What version of Warcraft 3 are you playing?

Hello,Mr.Turnro.Could you please allow me to translate this wonderful campaign other language?I have promise to do that.I would appreciate it if you could give me the chance.

Given that the campaign has only been just released, it might be best to pull off from translating it until a later stage.

Last edited:
Level 3
Given that the campaign has only been just released, it might be best to pull off from translating it until a later stage.
OK......But......infect I have little time after winter holiday.My school is very strict.So I hope next patch which will be more stable will come as soon as possible.For that I'd like to try my best to find bugs as much as possible.

Level 2
:goblin_yeah:I've been waiting since it was announced. The patience has been repaid. Praise the Turno, FallenStar and friends!:goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Level 5
lonely farm at this corner, how do we get to it unless its a mistake

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-27_22-48-44.png
    upload_2019-1-27_22-48-44.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 185
Level 5
man, im playing the map where kathranis must escape from the city, and i don't know how to escape from there after get the 5 loyals highbornes. idk what i should do after.

Level 8
man, im playing the map where kathranis must escape from the city, and i don't know how to escape from there after get the 5 loyals highbornes. idk what i should do after.

I'm there too, done the escape city and avoided bloodshed, that felt really tense