• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 8
Understood still i am impressed you guys have so much patience in finishing the campaign which is in progress by years ,you and Turnro found much pleasure in doing it still after all this years, i am curios guys how do you see the beginning of Sentinel storyline i mean will bee much work for it and will take more time because of different choice that will be made by Malfurion in game.

Level 7
Understood still i am impressed you guys have so much patience in finishing the campaign which is in progress by years ,you and Turnro found much pleasure in doing it still after all this years, i am curios guys how do you see the beginning of Sentinel storyline i mean will bee much work for it and will take more time because of different choice that will be made by Malfurion in game.

Our first objective is to deliver a really good Highborne story branch that everyone can enjoy.

The Sentinel storyline is a different matter and it will require tremendous work since we plan on reworking it from dialogue to new characters and plenty more cutscenes. We intend to make the Sentinel storyline even better than the Highbourne branch trying to double its content and story. Rest assured the Highbourne story in the new patch will be good enough and has already received plenty of updates and will continue to receive some more before we decide to release it.

We do have some major changes and ideas for the Sentinel branch, we plan on changing Malfurion to be more believable. We know how the story will go, so we're going to do our best in order to execute it in a believable and amazing fashion so that people can relate to this character.

Make no mistake, despite the lack of updates recently, this project is being worked on every single day bit by bit. Upon its release, we hope all of our efforts will pay off as well as everyone's patience who has supported this project for so long.

Level 8
To bee honest with you FallenStar i can't afford to support you with donation ,but with ideas about campaign i could if you would want but i guess you already did all the steps for Sentinels,but new plans sometimes are making great pleasure for players to engage in game.

We do have some major changes and ideas for the Sentinel branch, we plan on changing Malfurion to be more believable. We know how the story will go, so we're going to do our best in order to execute it in a believable and amazing fashion so that people can relate to this character.
Believable like a reason to play with him or to give him new decision ,i have to say my part in this about Malfurion i would get boring if i would play every chapter with him to bee honest players should experience with him from time to time but not always because the problem with campaigns are same hero every chapter never a moment for rest ,but again this is just my part.

Level 7
To bee honest with you FallenStar i can't afford to support you with donation ,but with ideas about campaign i could if you would want but i guess you already did all the steps for Sentinels,but new plans sometimes are making great pleasure for players to engage in game.

Believable like a reason to play with him or to give him new decision ,i have to say my part in this about Malfurion i would get boring if i would play every chapter with him to bee honest players should experience with him from time to time but not always because the problem with campaigns are same hero every chapter never a moment for rest ,but again this is just my part.

When I was referring to "support" I was referring to everyone being patient and supporting us morally in making this.
Don't worry about the story, we know where that will go as the script is written for the Sentinel story already. It's just about improving it and making it good in the actual game.

Thanks for your time and feedback

Level 8
Hi i could not really understand your name Turnro from the announcement video but anyway,did i saw a highborne city could bee awesome to see it also i saw some shivara models near the pit lords but why they have those legs like naga,are there not new model with normal legs for shivara,there need to be , locking forward for any news you have.Patience and peace.

Level 7
Hi i could not really understand your name Turnro from the announcement video but anyway,did i saw a highborne city could bee awesome to see it also i saw some shivara models near the pit lords but why they have those legs like naga,are there not new model with normal legs for shivara,there need to be , locking forward for any news you have.Patience and peace.

The clips you see in the video are taken from the version you'll be able to play.

Level 3
Hey, both of you, have you got the idea of adding 'secret' things? Like secret section or secret places. For example, like making an animal explode of find an unusual animal from around just to give you a rare item, or finding an item in a high place where you can access by flying or blinking. Those could be interesting to see.

Level 3
Turnro, FallenStar, there are some soundtracks of the current campaign I can't find, specially the ones on Chapter 6 on both storylines, can you give me the links for those backgroubd musics?

Level 3
Hello Turnro and FallenStar, nice to meet you. I love this campaign very much and there is a request.
I hope that you concent me to translate this campaign into other language after the Highbourne storyline is finished.My friends and I all like it.What's more,there are many people want to enjoy it in our Mother tongue.Besides,I won't alter anything in Malfurion's Quest.Although my English is poor,I want to translate Malfurion's Quest.I really would like to let more people could play it.Even if it maybe affect my study ,which is important to a senior high school student,I must make it!
I would appreciate it very much if you could take my request into consideration.Thanks for your time to think about it.Looking forward to receiving your early reply.Thanks a lot and I wish you all the best.

Level 14
Campaigns speaks it all, EPIC. I love how it is made, the aesthetics and questings, the lore and decision making application. Some stuffs are challenging and yeah, difficult but very edgy and breath taking.

One of the best campaigns I have ever played. :)

Level 7
Campaigns speaks it all, EPIC. I love how it is made, the aesthetics and questings, the lore and decision making application. Some stuffs are challenging and yeah, difficult but very edgy and breath taking.

One of the best campaigns I have ever played. :)

We're glad you're enjoying it.
Please look forward to the new update which will finalize the Highbourne storyline coming out in December.

Level 3
Well,I wish that you could give me a reply about my application.Both disagreement and agreement is OK.

Level 7
Well,I wish that you could give me a reply about my application.Both disagreement and agreement is OK.

We'd like to finish the project first before taking in any requests. Malfurion's Quest is going through constant changes both gameplay and story until it's going to be completed.

Last edited:
Level 3
We'd like to finish the project first before taking in any requests. Malfurion's Quest is going through a constant change both gameplay and story until it's going to be completed.
Got it.I'd like to request again after the project finished.

Level 31
Hey guys! Just a random post to share with you all the currently planned legendary items for Malfurion's Quest in the upcoming v1.4b update:

Legendary Items

Find all 8 legendary items while playing Malfurion's Quest v1.4b in Hard difficulty:

full
Gem of Power
Increases the mana capacity of the Hero by 150 and mana regeneration by 25% when worn.
full
Wand of Feedback
Increases the attack damage of the Hero by 10. The Hero's attacks also destroy 20 mana per hit against any unit, causing bonus damage equal to the mana destroyed.
full
Ancient Totem
Increases the Strength and Intelligence of the Hero by 6 when worn.
full
Shield of Darkness
Reduces damage from ranged attacks to 50%. Also increases the Hero's armor by 6 when worn.
full
Moon Orb
Increases nearby ranged units' damage by 10%. Also increases the Strength, Agility and Intelligence of the Hero by 5.
full
Sphere of Nature
Increases the hit points of the Hero by 300 and regeneration by 4 hit points per second.
full
Master Scepter of Healing
Grants the ability to heal a friendly unit for 400 hit points. Also increases the Intelligence of the Hero by 15.
full
Orb of the Void
Increases the Strength, Intelligence, and Agility of the Hero by 10, and blocks a spell from hitting the Hero every 40 seconds.

Feel free to provide feedback about these items, including your thoughts and if they feel underpowered or overpower.

Level 11
Hey guys! Just a random post to share with you all the currently planned legendary items for Malfurion's Quest in the upcoming v1.4b update:

Legendary Items

Find all 8 legendary items while playing Malfurion's Quest v1.4b in Hard difficulty:

full
Gem of Power
Increases the mana capacity of the Hero by 150 and mana regeneration by 25% when worn.
full
Wand of Feedback
Increases the attack damage of the Hero by 10. The Hero's attacks also destroy 20 mana per hit against any unit, causing bonus damage equal to the mana destroyed.
full
Ancient Totem
full
Shield of Darkness
Reduces damage from ranged attacks to 50%. Also increases the Hero's armor by 6 when worn.
full
Moon Orb
Increases nearby ranged units' damage by 10%. Also increases the Strength, Agility and Intelligence of the Hero by 5.
full
Sphere of Nature
Increases the hit points of the Hero by 300 and regeneration by 4 hit points per second.
full
Grants the ability to heal a friendly unit for 400 hit points. Also increases the Intelligence of the Hero by 15.
full
Orb of the Void
Increases the Strength, Intelligence, and Agility of the Hero by 10, and blocks a spell from hitting the Hero every 40 seconds.

Feel free to provide feedback about these items, including your thoughts and if they feel underpowered or overpower.
These items will be more than useful for the campaign, since the campaign is truly a challenge when playing on Insane. The items would surely make the game a bit easier, but certainly more interesting to play :)

Level 8

Legendary Items

full
Gem of Power
full
Wand of Feedback
full
Ancient Totem
full
Shield of Darkness
full
Moon Orb
full
Sphere of Nature
full
full
Orb of the Void

I fell in love with the icons, my fav item is the Orb of the Void, great job!

Level 10

Legendary Items

full
Gem of Power
full
Wand of Feedback
full
Ancient Totem
full
Shield of Darkness
full
Moon Orb
full
Sphere of Nature
full
full
Orb of the Void

They look very solid. Can't give an accurate feedback unless we try them out in-game, because it all depends on the difficulty of the campaign.

Level 6
Shield of Darkness is weak. Even compared to the other 7. There already is a shield like this, reducing damage from piercing attacks to 70% and armor bonus of 5, i think it was in the Rexxar campaign.

Level 3

Legendary Items

full
Gem of Power
full
Wand of Feedback
full
Ancient Totem
full
Shield of Darkness
full
Moon Orb
full
Sphere of Nature
full
full
Orb of the Void

I think Gem of Power is too weak. Maybe it's better if you could change the mana regeneration into 50%.

Level 3

Legendary Items

full
Gem of Power
full
Wand of Feedback
full
Ancient Totem
full
Shield of Darkness
full
Moon Orb
full
Sphere of Nature
full
full
Orb of the Void

I was wondering why not 10 legendary item like your two first campaigns. Now I see since this one has 2 storylines and 8 items in both sides, in total will be 16 legenddary items, am I right?
My opinion about the legendary items:
-Gem of Power: The mana capacity could be 250.
-Shield of Darkness: Instead of ranged attacks, might change to piercing and magic attacks. And armor could 7.
-Master Specter of Healing: I think 15 of inteligence is too much, it could be 10, perhaps.
-The rest are OK for me, even though not sure if your opinion is the same, but great legendary items you made.

You might be at the end of the last episode, right? And we are close to finish the year, so...how much percentage is the 10th chapter of the Highbourne storyline?

Level 8
I was wondering why not 10 legendary item like your two first campaigns. Now I see since this one has 2 storylines and 8 items in both sides, in total will be 16 legenddary items, am I right?
-Shield of Darkness: Instead of ranged attacks, might change to piercing and magic attacks. And armor could 7.
-Master Specter of Healing: I think 15 of inteligence is too much, it could be 10, perhaps.
-The rest are OK for me, even though not sure if your opinion is the same, but great legendary items you made.

You might be at the end of the last episode, right? And we are close to finish the year, so...how much percentage is the 10th chapter of the Highbourne storyline?
Thinking bout it, I was wondering if the items were going to be different for both storylines or if they'll be the same, it could be an interesting thing.

Level 31

Thinking bout it, I was wondering if the items were going to be different for both storylines or if they'll be the same, it could be an interesting thing.

There will be different legendary items for both storylines, although the first 2 items will always be the same as there is no divergent story for the first 2 chapters.

The amount of legendary items you can get with each story path is 8. The reason being is that there are no additional items to find in the last 2 chapters, as they primarily focus on the final battle and wrapping up the story.

So in the final release, there will be a total of 14 legendary items across the entire campaign. Other then that, thanks for the feedback so far :)

Level 3
gotta say the campaign is great love it all, but altough i am a bit upset that we have to wait an entire YEAR untill the entire campaign is completed, but i supose whenever you say that it will be the best or greatest campaign in Turnos time then okey fine by me do what ever it needs to be Perfect. Also i am hyped about the Highborne strory to be completed. (also as a boost KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK FELLAS)

Level 1

Legendary Items

full
Gem of Power
full
Wand of Feedback
full
Ancient Totem
full
Shield of Darkness
full
Moon Orb
full
Sphere of Nature
full
full
Orb of the Void

seeing how there are a few complaints on gem of power being under powered, it maybe a good idea to give it the ability to siphon mana as well at maybe a level 1 type, and for balancing, drop regen rate to 20%

This campaign gives justice to Malfurion's character, more than what I've come across, having witnessed the debauchery of the character according a lot of people knowledgeable in WoW, though certain dialogue choices, particularly those in the Sentinel Storyline, do not appear to fit the setting of the story.

In addition, I would like to ask, what are the differences between Normal, Hard, and Insane difficulty in terms of enemy count, strength, player handicap, and boss challenges, to name a few? (Excluding the anti-cheat mechanism)

Level 31
This campaign gives justice to Malfurion's character, more than what I've come across, having witnessed the debauchery of the character according a lot of people knowledgeable in WoW, though certain dialogue choices, particularly those in the Sentinel Storyline, do not appear to fit the setting of the story.

In addition, I would like to ask, what are the differences between Normal, Hard, and Insane difficulty in terms of enemy count, strength, player handicap, and boss challenges, to name a few? (Excluding the anti-cheat mechanism)

Thanks for the comment, MyPad. May I ask which dialogue lines you found to not fit within the story? I'm always looking for ways to improve the campaign.

In answer to your question, the differences between the different difficulty levels differ depending on the mission. They vary from the following:
  • Enemies have increased damage
  • Additional damage and armor upgrades, as well as other upgrades depending on the enemy race
  • Slight creep differences, such as they can be more numerous or be replaced by a stronger version
  • Enemy heroes are higher level, more spells and hold additional items
  • AI teams train more units, send larger attack waves and attack more frequently
Player handicap was something I used in the past to make the campaign harder, and is currently present in v1.3b. However, this will not be the case in v1.4b as it tends to drag battles more than make them more meaning difficult.

Sometimes, Malfurion would speak in a manner that would connotatively resemble that of modern English (late 20th Century to early 21st Century). I would like to insert some pictures, but I haven't collected them yet.

In answer to your question, the differences between the different difficulty levels differ depending on the mission. They vary from the following:
  • Enemies have increased damage
  • Additional damage and armor upgrades, as well as other upgrades depending on the enemy race
  • Slight creep differences, such as they can be more numerous or be replaced by a stronger version
  • Enemy heroes are higher level, more spells and hold additional items
  • AI teams train more units, send larger attack waves and attack more frequently

Ah, that's good to know. After completing this, I might have to retry in Harder difficulties. ;)

Level 31
Hey guys! As many of you are aware, Malfurion's Quest v1.4b is due for release soon :)

I am currently working on finalising Chapter 10 of the Highborne story path, which includes creating the final boss fight and cinematics. In addition to going over the entire campaign to check for bugs and stuff, I do not feel that Malfurion's Quest as a whole will be ready by the end of the month without sacrificing the quality of the next release.

Therefore, I will be postponing the release of v1.4b to 27th January 2019. This does mean you will have to wait a little while longer for the campaign, as I want the conclusion of the Highborne story path to be a great ending to the campaign series I have been working on for many years now.

In the meantime, stay tuned and I look forward to revealing more in the coming months :)

full

Level 3
Great more waiting, lets just hope that the Highborne storyline will be amazing, and also you said that the Sentinel Storyline will be completed within 2020 and thats a LONG time to wait but, i suppose you want everything to be Perfect before makeing everything Perfect so HAHA

Level 1
Hey guys! As many of you are aware, Malfurion's Quest v1.4b is due for release soon :)

I am currently working on finalising Chapter 10 of the Highborne story path, which includes creating the final boss fight and cinematics. In addition to going over the entire campaign to check for bugs and stuff, I do not feel that Malfurion's Quest as a whole will be ready by the end of the month without sacrificing the quality of the next release.

Therefore, I will be postponing the release of v1.4b to 27th January 2019. This does mean you will have to wait a little while longer for the campaign, as I want the conclusion of the Highborne story path to be a great ending to the campaign series I have been working on for many years now.

Take your time my dude. These are excellent campaigns. Quality > time

Level 2

In the meantime, stay tuned and I look forward to revealing more in the coming months :)

full
A delay is unfortunate, but I can't complain. Your campaigns are really enjoyable and needing some more time to make sure they're up to snuff is very understandable. I've been replaying Rowan, Jeopardy, and Resurrection to get a refresher on the story, so the extra time is helpful.