• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 6
Hey! Well, I must admit that I expected to use Velinde in Sentinel's campaign, but I guess that's her fate, is not a wasted caracther. :p

Well in case you didn't know

i'm starting to like Velinde character as a whole from the highborne campaign but seeing her die in sentinel is just a waste of a character just to die for the story reasons (Also i'm okay with it) and the other campaign is alive.

What i'm saying is Why not let BOTH Velinde in sentinel and highborne alive to replaced Shandris fate from Jeopardy of the Horde campaign

Level 7
Well in case you didn't know

i'm starting to like Velinde character as a whole from the highborne campaign but seeing her die in sentinel is just a waste of a character just to die for the story reasons (Also i'm okay with it) and the other campaign is alive.

What i'm saying is Why not let BOTH Velinde in sentinel and highborne alive to replaced Shandris fate from Jeopardy of the Horde campaign

I have made this statement several times: This current version of Malfurion's Quest that you played has been changed quite a LOT. Some Chapters were entirely reworked, dialogue completely was rewritten, so on and so forth.
Every character including Velinde Starstrike went through a LOT of changes as well. I can tell you right now that the one in 1.3b is entirely a different character to the one we have now.

The same goes for many other characters. I can't say much more regarding this without spoiling what we've brought to the Campaign.

All I can say is that we most likely won't disappoint your expectations when the Campaign is finally released.

Level 7
So, what's the newest estimate release? Is it still next month?

Hey Daffa, I'll take this one.

In Turnro's Youtube video the date is set for August 2018. In case you haven't seen it, I recommend viewing it.
Last year around March we've decided to review the Campaign and we came to the conclusion that we need to change a lot of things from 1.3b and go on making the rest by the end of February 2018.
However, this has proved to be a difficult lasting challenge. In every chapter we made and remade a lot of things from story to gameplay.
Unlike the previous Campaigns, we're trying to make each story feel and play differently. And that can take...more time than we thought it would. For example, we didn't think that we were going to have so many Boss Fights in Malfurion's Quest. We expected to have a few per branch but in what we're working on currently, we ended up having one boss fight per Chapter.

Revamping the story wasn't easy either and we're working hard on that still. This is an alternative universe of Warcraft III and Malfurion's Quest marks the finale no matter the ending you get. We've also tried to fill in plot holes and continuity issues while bringing some interesting characters to the table offering the player something new. Each character has its own story, plenty of dialogue and, we hope, memorable personalities. A lot of players enjoyed Malfurion in 1.3b. We're trying to add more to every character, by giving them their own scenes, lines, distinct phrases, and presence. That too is taking quite some time as we're trying to round everything up as best we can.

Unfortunately, studies and work can get in the way sometimes especially when we really wish to deliver a great Campaign. That's our main goal and we're working towards that at a steady pace.

Remember Jeopardy for the Horde's initial release? That Campaign was so much more different than it is now. The Campaign has been patched, upgraded and it received a lot of content with some chapters being entirely remade as well. We wish to avoid that for this one. We want everything to be as complete as possible in terms of story and gameplay. There will be patches and updates of course but we want to deliver something solid from the getgo.

We hoped to finish chapter 8 by the end of December, but the script took some time and to make that into solid gameplay took more than expected. We finally hope to get this done by the end of the week and immediately after start working on Chapter 9 which is also quite long and intense.

This is an amazing journey for me as well as I've never been involved so much in a Campaign and I wish you guys to experience the new changes asap. But since this will be Turnro's last War3 Campaign, I'm doing my best not to disappoint him or you by any means. And I want this to be a blast for everyone. All the twists, intense epic moments and boss fights, we really want those to be experienced in a version we're pleased with.

Overall it's tough but we'll get it done. Turnro is working hard on it every day to deliver something great. I can't predict exactly how much time will it take for the rest but we still hope to have it finalized by August.

Last edited:
Level 14
At least its going to be a highly polished amazing experience.

Big hype for the future overhaul of ressurection of the scourge too!

This series is a masterpiece. I put it right there side by side:

RazorclawXs Wanderers of Sorceria Saga

Tomoraiders TFT sequals

And OutaiderXEs novel trilogy

Its a good time with rock solid gameplay on hard and a solid rewarding play through all 4 arguably 5 campaigns.

One last thing another aspect that luts you and those three creators together is many of these projects are old. Hell razorclaw and outsiderxe were one of the first CCs for the entire game.

And every single one of those creators overhaul maintain and adds new things to this day even

Your recent jeapardy of the horde update and work on the hugely ambitkous MQ is proof enough

Years after its completion razorclaw released wos 4th edition and has since then made 2 sizeable enjoyable spin off campaigns.

Outsiderxe just overhauled lord of the clans and plans for the other 2 soon.

And we tomoraider is polishing up the anticipated cotf 3.0.

Shout out to @LordPerenoldeII too his work on preserving and enhancing the legacy campaigns are greatly appreciated too.

Last edited:
Level 11
Turnro, I was wondering will there be a chance we see Archimonde and Mannoroth throughout the campaign as ones of Kil'jaeden's lieutenants? Now, I understand you will redo the campaign chapters, but we've seen that, since Magtheridon is the ruler of Outland, he controls the orcs who belonged to Mannoroth in the original Warcraft storyline. So I am thinking that maybe you could give these two characters some minor roles in the campaign like: making Mannoroth a lieutenant of Magtheridon and Archomonde a lieutenant of Kil'jaeden. Since there is a growing hatred between Magtheridon and Kil'jaeden, maybe there could be some action taken for that matter with these characters involved.

Last edited:
Level 8
Turnro, I was wondering will there be a chance we see Archimonde and Mannoroth throughout the campaign as ones of Kil'jaeden's lieutenants? Now, I understand you will redo the campaign chapters, but we've seen that, since Magtheridon is the ruler of Outland, he controls the orcs who belonged to Mannoroth in the original Warcraft storyline. So I am thinking that maybe you could give these two characters some minor roles in the campaign like: making Mannoroth a lieutenant of Magtheridon and Archomonde a lieutenant of Kil'jaeden. Since there is a growing hatred between Magtheridon and Kil'jaeden, maybe there could be some action taken for that matter with these characters involved.

I think he said that Archimonde was dead or something else, since War of the Ancients.

Level 7

Archimonde and Mannoroth will not make an appearance in Malfurion's Quest.

Reactions: Rem
Level 7
anyway there is any update whatsoever?
and i'm guessing almost the campaign of highborne is complete it's seem

Hello there.

We've recently finished the work on Chapter 8 though we'll have to change and patch a few things still. It was a very long and exhausting chapter to make.

Right now we've finished the script for Chapter 9 and we're currently working on the layout. Hopefully we'll have most of it done in a few weeks or so.

The Highborne storyline is almost complete, yes though we're still gonna work on a few things for it.

Level 3
Hello, Turnro and FallenStar, I saw you're making some little upgrades to The Adventure of Rowan the Wise, does that mean you are in a pause on Malfurion's Quest? Or, are you still on its development?

Level 30
Hello, Turnro and FallenStar, I saw you're making some little upgrades to The Adventure of Rowan the Wise, does that mean you are in a pause on Malfurion's Quest? Or, are you still on its development?

Hi AssasinRiper386,

The patch made to The Adventures of Rowan the Wise was only a minor one. Malfurion's Quest is not on pause and is currently being worked on.

Level 8
I am really really exited once 1.4 version is released I will play it quickly! I mean with the Exiled One and Medivh is anded in the campgain WoW that makes me so exited!

Now I am really eager to make a YouTube video full on upload once the full version of this is released!

Good Luck @Turnro !

I think it will be 2.0 version nor 1.4, or that's what usually happens with major updates.

Level 1
Are there any item fusions/combinations? picked up some items cleverly hidden by the mapmakers, and was wondering if i should collect those in case those items can be fused together. Would appreciate any hint!

Level 1
hey there guys is there anything different other then the enemy's being harder on hard and insane on this version ik that some map makers hide special enemy's with items for harder versions of it was just wondering if it was the same for this campaign.

Level 7
hey there guys is there anything different other then the enemy's being harder on hard and insane on this version ik that some map makers hide special enemy's with items for harder versions of it was just wondering if it was the same for this campaign.

In the current version we have the enemies are tougher on a higher difficulty level.
We'll work on a patch after we release the entire Campaign addressing difficulty levels where we'll offer rewards and different sort of challenges.

Level 3
FallenStar, I'm starting to think that you will have the Highbourne's storyline completed at the end of May, and since you're going to make some changes to the Sentinel's storyline (including the first 2 chapters) I'm guessing that Malfurion's Quest will be done almost at the end of the year, am I right or wrong?
We all know you're doing your best for having this campaign done, but at least some info about the campaign could be good.

Level 3
FallenStar, I'm starting to think that you will have the Highbourne's storyline completed at the end of May, and since you're going to make some changes to the Sentinel's storyline (including the first 2 chapters) I'm guessing that Malfurion's Quest will be done almost at the end of the year, am I right or wrong?
We all know you're doing your best for having this campaign done, but at least some info about the campaign would not hurt.

Level 7
We all know you're doing your best for having this campaign done, but at least some info about the campaign would not hurt.

We will release a news update as soon as we're done with Chapter 9. We're currently focused on finalizing the highbourne storyline and as soon as we're done we'll explain what we will do next.

Level 10
Hello guys,
Will the new update of Warcraft 3 affect your progress with the campaign so far? and will you release it with the older version 1.28 or continue it with the new version? I'm asking this because some people are having issues with the new map editor?
Thank you.

Level 7
Hello guys,
Will the new update of Warcraft 3 affect your progress with the campaign so far? and will you release it with the older version 1.28 or continue it with the new version? I'm asking this because some people are having issues with the new map editor?
Thank you.

The new update will not interfere with what we're doing at the moment but we haven't discussed what we'll do about it yet.
We'll talk about the matter soon and post it in the update that will come after Chapter 9 is complete.

Level 1
Hey guys when is the storyline going to be finished im very impressed by this campaign its amazing great story line but if you can give a date to when the update will come that will be great.

Level 7
Hey guys when is the storyline going to be finished im very impressed by this campaign its amazing great story line but if you can give a date to when the update will come that will be great.

After Chapter 9 is finished we'll release an update video.

Level 6
Oh, just stop asking already. It's gonna happen before you die of old age. Probably :)

Last edited: