• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 7
Can we get a preview of insane changes to gameplay and rewards for playing?

I'm currently discussing the rewards and changes for the Insane difficulty with Turnro. We are not sure if we'll release Malfurion's Quest with the difficulty changes right off the bat as they might take a while to include. We might release a patch a month after the release where Hard and Insane will include special rewards for completion.

Once we come to a decision, we'll most likely make it public.

I would like to give an early preview but I need to see what Turnro's decisions and ideas are for the higher difficulties of Malfurion's Quest.

Level 8
Haven't been here for a while i see the campaign is still on development and that is good.
I would give an idea about insane difficulty :you can include special unique allies having a quest in hardest diff +gold lumber increased and also some unique bosses .
Also i consider a good playable campaign at hardest diff based on something unique and bosses fights more enjoyable ,also the loot must not decide the boss fights or the battles ,let everyone decide how it will play.
But this are ideas you FallenStar and Malfurion will decide what is the best for campaign.

Level 14
I'm currently discussing the rewards and changes for the Insane difficulty with Turnro. We are not sure if we'll release Malfurion's Quest with the difficulty changes right off the bat as they might take a while to include. We might release a patch a month after the release where Hard and Insane will include special rewards for completion.

Once we come to a decision, we'll most likely make it public.

I would like to give an early preview but I need to see what Turnro's decisions and ideas are for the higher difficulties of Malfurion's Quest.

Maybe you could use wanderers of sorceria as inspiration for insane mode.
Or simply let insane be the newgame+ mode so you can actually make it true to its name

Level 1
Hey Turnro I've played through your entire campaign and thought that it's very well-made!

Unfortunately in a lot of maps there are too many heroes which makes the map kind of easy. I would like to humbly make the following suggestions:

1) For Sentinel "Spread of the Corruption", when you get your base you get 3 heroes. The enemy has none. Perhaps you can create a Satyr hero (lvl 12) so that Furion can have a worthy enemy to fight against. (same for the next map Cave of Shadows).

2) Also you can consider replacing the Fountain of Health in Raynewood and Silvermoon into 3 moon wells. Having the fountains there make the mission too easy I think.

3) Also it's strange that since the corrupt beasts has taken over the entire wilderness, Astranaar is never attacked from the south. Perhaps you can add a bridge that links the eastern satyr base to the south, which is only activated once Furion has entered Astrannar.

Level 1
As for some druidic ability that people has suggested to replace the aura, I'm against it because that would make Furion too mana hungry. Every hero should have an aura or passive to prevent him from having too many spells to ca

I really think that having an imbalanced hero for the satyr is very important. Consider this: The only time in Blizzard's official campaign when you control three heroes, you're always fighting against even worst odds:

1) In Sentinels Dalaran mission, you're fighting against Nagas, which everyone knows is overpowered
2) Then in Blood Elves Outland mission, you're fighting against lvl 10 red dragons
3) Then in Scourge first mission, you have to control three sides.

So in conclusion, when you have three heroes under your belt that are lvl 6+. even an enemy hero that can cast Rain of Chaos, I think, are acceptable. (Esp. when you have furblog shaman which makes Druid of the Claws even more imba)

Thanks for reading and I hope you will consider my ideas!

Level 7
Hey Turnro I've played through your entire campaign and thought that it's very well-made!

Unfortunately in a lot of maps there are too many heroes which makes the map kind of easy. I would like to humbly make the following suggestions:

1) For Sentinel "Spread of the Corruption", when you get your base you get 3 heroes. The enemy has none. Perhaps you can create a Satyr hero (lvl 12) so that Furion can have a worthy enemy to fight against. (same for the next map Cave of Shadows).

2) Also you can consider replacing the Fountain of Health in Raynewood and Silvermoon into 3 moon wells. Having the fountains there make the mission too easy I think.

3) Also, it's strange that since the corrupt beasts has taken over the entire wilderness, Astranaar is never attacked from the south. Perhaps you can add a bridge that links the eastern satyr base to the south, which is only activated once Furion has entered Astrannar.

Hello ToughPreacher, I've read your suggestions regarding "Spread of the Corruption".
While we're not currently working on the Sentinel Campaign, some of your suggestions on the map are quite useful.
We will look into adding a bit more to the corrupted forces but we do plan to make the chapter more challenging upon its release.

Level 1
I noticed some bugs for highborne chp 5 too.

I think the night elf ally ai is too competent. When playing insane, they should not be holding off attacks from the fel orcs without the players help. Maybe adding 5 more catapults per wave would be a gpod idea.

Also the burning legions base is too easy to take down. I mean for gods sake it is the burning legion! There should be more infernals at least.

Also i didnt wander off the top left side until i defeated all the orc bases. So the satyr queat didnt get triggerwd, and the ne just killed them without the satyrs retaliating.

Please look into it. Thanks!

Level 30
I noticed some bugs for highborne chp 5 too.

I think the night elf ally ai is too competent. When playing insane, they should not be holding off attacks from the fel orcs without the players help. Maybe adding 5 more catapults per wave would be a gpod idea.

Also the burning legions base is too easy to take down. I mean for gods sake it is the burning legion! There should be more infernals at least.

Also i didnt wander off the top left side until i defeated all the orc bases. So the satyr queat didnt get triggerwd, and the ne just killed them without the satyrs retaliating.

Please look into it. Thanks!

Hi ToughPreacher,

You will be happy to know that Chapter 5 has already been worked on and is drastically different to what is available in v1.3b. All these issues have already been resolved and these changes will be available once the full version is released :)

Level 6
upload_2017-11-25_13-15-0.png

Now i'm started to think who is the Exiled one warden hmmm
and we already encounter medivh before so i'm excited and i think i'm late hehe

Level 7
Oh?
Well it looks a warden for me in warcraft and WOW perspective :/

It's a character specially made for Malfurion's Quest that, like all characters will play a role in the story. I will eventually write his description so that everyone has some idea about what the Exile is but we're still far from that as we're still working on most of the chapters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rem
Level 3
Hey guys! Here's a preview of a new building available to the Highborne. It provides this mystical faction with some awesome tier-3 units :)

full

Seems, for me, like a version of the Blodd Elves' Arcane Vault or the Scourge's Sacrifical Pit. Anyway, looks awesome, and I guess it trains land and powerfull units.

After following the tips from you to pass the frist 2 chapters, can you give me some tips on dealing with bases and enemy's bases, you know what I mean?. Using the gold and lumber from the goldmine and the forest for my buildings and units, since there is not gonna be the 'greedisgood' code or anyother on Insane difficult.
Can you please give me some tips?

Level 7
Seems, for me, like a version of the Blodd Elves' Arcane Vault or the Scourge's Sacrifical Pit. Anyway, looks awesome, and I guess it trains land and powerfull units.

After following the tips from you to pass the frist 2 chapters, can you give me some tips on dealing with bases and enemy's bases, you know what I mean?. Using the gold and lumber from the goldmine and the forest for my buildings and units, since there is not gonna be the 'greedisgood' code or anyother on Insane difficult.
Can you please give me some tips?

Fighting enemy bases? It's always good to direct your troops VS important enemy buildings. I would use Malfurion or some tanky units as a frontline, use the glaives to target enemy structures and always switch between your troops to use their special abilities.

Level 3
Fighting enemy bases? It's always good to direct your troops VS important enemy buildings. I would use Malfurion or some tanky units as a frontline, use the glaives to target enemy structures and always switch between your troops to use their special abilities.

Ok, so how about some tips of using gold and lumber appropriadely? You know, when you're creating buildings and units, the upgrades and the defenses.
Sometimes, the tower defenses I build are not enough to hold the enemies and they attack my base while my heores and units are exploring the area or dealing with optional quests. If you have some tips regarding those, I would like to know them.

Level 7
Ok, so how about some tips of using gold and lumber appropriadely? You know, when you're creating buildings and units, the upgrades and the defenses.
Sometimes, the tower defenses I build are not enough to hold the enemies and they attack my base while my heores and units are exploring the area or dealing with optional quests. If you have some tips regarding those, I would like to know them.

That depends, there are a lot of ways to handle this. I usually surround the towers that I build with Moon Wells so that the opponent has a difficult time reaching them. I also wait for attacks first, and then I go exploring or counter-attack the enemy. Some units can go invisible and that's quite helpful to predict enemy attacks or be one step ahead of your opponent. The Highbourne buildings, for instance, allows you to observe different regions of the map. It's always good to know what you want to aim for.
Regarding Gold, there are more gold mines on the map so it's always good to keep that in mind that the gold mine you have won't be the last. It's for the best to keep your troops alive which can conserve quite a lot of gold and lumber while also building exactly what you need where you need it.

Level 3
That depends, there are a lot of ways to handle this. I usually surround the towers that I build with Moon Wells so that the opponent has a difficult time reaching them. I also wait for attacks first, and then I go exploring or counter-attack the enemy. Some units can go invisible and that's quite helpful to predict enemy attacks or be one step ahead of your opponent. The Highbourne buildings, for instance, allows you to observe different regions of the map. It's always good to know what you want to aim for.
Regarding Gold, there are more gold mines on the map so it's always good to keep that in mind that the gold mine you have won't be the last. It's for the best to keep your troops alive which can conserve quite a lot of gold and lumber while also building exactly what you need where you need it.

All right, glad to hear it, I will try it in this version or maybe in the completed version next year. Furthermore, there are some points about the campaign I want to tell for the future release, if is not too late:

BEGINNING
-In the Barrow Den where Malfurion is going to 'wake up' the druids, why not adding a Druid of the Talon? Because, there are 2 diferente buildings and only 1 type of unit (Druid of the Claw) appear.
-When the heroes get close to something before the conversation and the 'recomendation of saving before advancing', it seems to be very close to that something. For example, in Chapter 2 first boss, Malfurion approach too much to the defiled fountain and after the conversation he and the units got a little far away, you know what I mean? I guess it should start in the position where they are talking.
-I've seen the corupted beasts are composed by wolfes, spiders, furbolgs and bears, but what about the murlocs and the trolls, there appear in the forest, too, so why they don't appear as corrupted ones in Chapter 4, 5, 6 and in the satyr's bases.

SENTINELS
-Malfurion's Tree Form ability is still going to be that way, upgrading healing abilities and changing his form? I think it should be worked a bit more, it can have something more, I'm not sure what but there is more that can be added to that ability.
-I remember Malfurion's Narute's Wrath affects also inmune magic units but now it doesn't, I'm not sure if that was OK or it was an error.
-Fordred showed 3 of his abilities but I'm not sure what was his ultimate ability (level 6 ability).
-Astraanar doesn´t have much space to create buildings, I have to get the trees off to build them, can you give space to create more buildings?.
-The satyr's orange base, Chapter 4, has some fel orc units, can the other bases have fel orc units, too? Or only that one?. Also, does that mean the fel orcs and the satyrs are working TOGETHER for the Burning Legion?
-I know the satyr hellmaster is the strongest among the satyrs but, is it possible you can make 'satyr heroes' for Chapter 4 and 5? Since in Chapter 6 there is a 'voidwalker hero', to increase the challenge.
-Are there gonna be fel orc units in the satyr's bases in Chapter 5?
-Is there gonna be another unit for the ranks of the sentinels? Because I'm still wondering about that 'Druid of the Jaw', was that a real unit for the sentinels? Or was it really an april fools joke?.
-There is a big error with Jarod's Battle Shout ability, everytime I use it, it doesn´t 'battle shouted' the spellcaster enemy units. Instead, they are 'moonfired' (that's Tyrande's ability) and I can't stop those spellcasters, it's kind of annoying.
-If Shalis, Chapter 6, is only available in that optional quest, I don´t think she needs to earn experience because only Malfurion, Tyrande, Faradrella and Jarod are going to pass to the next chapter.
-There is another big error in there after rescuing Faradrella, she is in level 10 but she still has 9 abilities, I still don't get it.
-I'm still wondering if Malfurion is going to have an aura back. Also, if the Horn of Cenarius is going to be upgraded to make it a fine item for his inventory.

HIGHBORNE
-Why shouldn't Malfurion's Affinity Aura regenerate more mana than it already should?.
-If all the units are going to have the 'red color', then I guess the Highmistress should have it, because I don't see a 'red color' in her, neither in the Arcane Wyrms.
-I guess there should be a 'satyr hero' in Chapter 5 and 6, if it is possible.
-Regarding the Burning Legion base, it should have more buildings, units and defenses to make it a bit more challenging.
-There must be more units when going for Velinde to make it more challenging.
-The Naga Sea Witch is in level 12, so that means she can cast tornado but she doesn't cast it, or that's not her ultimate ability.
-To being the first naga base I've faced, it was a bit challenging, I hope for the next ones to be more challenging.
-I see the ending in Chapter 6 has changed, so that means there is no Queen Azshara or she will make an appareance in future chapters?.

Those are the point I wanted to tell after playing your latest version and I'm hopping to play the full version next year.
Good Luck!!!

Level 7
All right, glad to hear it, I will try it in this version or maybe in the completed version next year. Furthermore, there are some points about the campaign I want to tell for the future release, if is not too late:

BEGINNING
-In the Barrow Den where Malfurion is going to 'wake up' the druids, why not adding a Druid of the Talon? Because, there are 2 diferente buildings and only 1 type of unit (Druid of the Claw) appear.
-When the heroes get close to something before the conversation and the 'recomendation of saving before advancing', it seems to be very close to that something. For example, in Chapter 2 first boss, Malfurion approach too much to the defiled fountain and after the conversation he and the units got a little far away, you know what I mean? I guess it should start in the position where they are talking.
-I've seen the corupted beasts are composed by wolfes, spiders, furbolgs and bears, but what about the murlocs and the trolls, there appear in the forest, too, so why they don't appear as corrupted ones in Chapter 4, 5, 6 and in the satyr's bases.

SENTINELS
-Malfurion's Tree Form ability is still going to be that way, upgrading healing abilities and changing his form? I think it should be worked a bit more, it can have something more, I'm not sure what but there is more that can be added to that ability.
-I remember Malfurion's Narute's Wrath affects also inmune magic units but now it doesn't, I'm not sure if that was OK or it was an error.
-Fordred showed 3 of his abilities but I'm not sure what was his ultimate ability (level 6 ability).
-Astraanar doesn´t have much space to create buildings, I have to get the trees off to build them, can you give space to create more buildings?.
-The satyr's orange base, Chapter 4, has some fel orc units, can the other bases have fel orc units, too? Or only that one?. Also, does that mean the fel orcs and the satyrs are working TOGETHER for the Burning Legion?
-I know the satyr hellmaster is the strongest among the satyrs but, is it possible you can make 'satyr heroes' for Chapter 4 and 5? Since in Chapter 6 there is a 'voidwalker hero', to increase the challenge.
-Is there gonna be another unit for the ranks of the sentinels? Because I'm still wondering about that 'Druid of the Jaw', was that a real unit for the sentinels? Or was it really an april fools joke?.
-There is a big error with Jarod's Battle Shout ability, everytime I use it, it doesn´t 'battle shouted' the spellcaster enemy units. Instead, they are 'moonfired' (that's Tyrande's ability) and I can't stop those spellcasters, it's kind of annoying.
-If Shalis, Chapter 6, is only available in that optional quest, I don´t think she needs to earn experience because only Malfurion, Tyrande, Faradrella and Jarod are going to pass to the next chapter.
-There is another big error in there after rescuing Faradrella, she is in level 10 but she still has 9 abilities, I still don't get it.
-I'm still wondering if Malfurion is going to have an aura back. Also, if the Horn of Cenarius is going to be upgraded to make it a fine item for his inventory.

HIGHBORNE
-Why shouldn't Malfurion's Affinity Aura regenerate more mana than it already should?.
-If all the units are going to have the 'red color', then I guess the Highmistress should have it, because I don't see a 'red color' in her, neither in the Arcane Wyrms.
-Regarding the Burning Legion base, it should have more buildings, units and defenses to make it a bit more challenging.
-The Naga Sea Witch is in level 12, so that means she can cast tornado but she doesn't cast it, or that's not her ultimate ability.
-To being the first naga base I've faced, it was a bit challenging, I hope for the next ones to be more challenging.
-I see the ending in Chapter 6 has changed, so that means there is no Queen Azshara or she will make an appareance in future chapters?.

Those are the point I wanted to tell after playing your latest version and I'm hopping to play the full version next year.
Good Luck!!!

"
BEGINNING
-I've seen the corupted beasts are composed by wolfes, spiders, furbolgs and bears, but what about the murlocs and the trolls, there appear in the forest, too, so why they don't appear as corrupted ones in Chapter 4, 5, 6 and in the satyr's bases."

-In Jeopardy for the Horde, Tyrande uses the Horn of Cenarius to awaken all Druids including the Druids of the Talon. The only remaining ones who stayed to protect the structures were the Druids of the Claw which are the ones that follow you in Chapter 1.
-Units get repositioned in cutscenes and when gameplay resumes, you have those units as they were positioned in the cutscene. That may not be the case for all situations but it doesn't seem all that important.
-Murlocs and Trolls are not corrupt creatures. They're just "vile" as shown in all Campaigns. Wolves, Furbolgs, Bears were initially harmless for the Night Elf society but they were transformed and twisted into dangerous beasts that became hostile. These creatures began attacking the night elves for an "unknown reason".

SENTINELS

We're currently working on the Highbourne branch and we aim to finish it in its entirety before switching to the Sentinel Campaign where there will be a lot and major changes both in gameplay and story.
I cannot address the current points you have made as almost everything in every chapter past the starting ones will go through major changes.

HIGHBORNE

-Some of his spells including Affinity Aura is susceptible to change. Either buffing, nerfing or changing it entirely. What I can say is that Malfurion will change some of his spells as the story progresses in the Highborne story.
-A high mistress is a custom unit imported into the Campaign. There isn't much we can do about that but we'll probably try to do something about it when we're polishing the Campaign. Also, the Arcane Wyrms do have colors.
-Satyr Hero units will be added.
-That is not a Legion's base but a slight mix of Fel Orcs buildings plus a few demonic buildings. The base cannot be changed as it is made like that on purpose. In "War at Mount Hyjal" Smolderas cannot keep a larger base concealed especially if it's demonic which is why it's pretty easy to destroy. The Fel Orc buildings can be concealed as they are not as powerful as the demons due to the fact that they don't hold as many demonic energies
-She doesn't cast Tornado because she does not have it. We're not strictly following every unit's spell and she's neither meant to pose a serious threat at that stage.
-I can assure you the updated version, "Shattered Skies" is way more challenging than the one in 1.3b "A World Transformed".
-There were a lot of changes made in Chapter 6 and I don't wish to spoil anything. You will play and see for yourself but I can assure you everything will make perfect sense.

I hope I was able to answer some of your questions.

Level 3
"
BEGINNING
-I've seen the corupted beasts are composed by wolfes, spiders, furbolgs and bears, but what about the murlocs and the trolls, there appear in the forest, too, so why they don't appear as corrupted ones in Chapter 4, 5, 6 and in the satyr's bases."

-In Jeopardy for the Horde, Tyrande uses the Horn of Cenarius to awaken all Druids including the Druids of the Talon. The only remaining ones who stayed to protect the structures were the Druids of the Claw which are the ones that follow you in Chapter 1.
-Units get repositioned in cutscenes and when gameplay resumes, you have those units as they were positioned in the cutscene. That may not be the case for all situations but it doesn't seem all that important.
-Murlocs and Trolls are not corrupt creatures. They're just "vile" as shown in all Campaigns. Wolves, Furbolgs, Bears were initially harmless for the Night Elf society but they were transformed and twisted into dangerous beasts that became hostile. These creatures began attacking the night elves for an "unknown reason".

SENTINELS

We're currently working on the Highbourne branch and we aim to finish it in its entirety before switching to the Sentinel Campaign where there will be a lot and major changes both in gameplay and story.
I cannot address the current points you have made as almost everything in every chapter past the starting ones will go through major changes.

HIGHBORNE

-Some of his spells including Affinity Aura is susceptible to change. Either buffing, nerfing or changing it entirely. What I can say is that Malfurion will change some of his spells as the story progresses in the Highborne story.
-A high mistress is a custom unit imported into the Campaign. There isn't much we can do about that but we'll probably try to do something about it when we're polishing the Campaign. Also, the Arcane Wyrms do have colors.
-Satyr Hero units will be added.
-That is not a Legion's base but a slight mix of Fel Orcs buildings plus a few demonic buildings. The base cannot be changed as it is made like that on purpose. In "War at Mount Hyjal" Smolderas cannot keep a larger base concealed especially if it's demonic which is why it's pretty easy to destroy. The Fel Orc buildings can be concealed as they are not as powerful as the demons due to the fact that they don't hold as many demonic energies
-She doesn't cast Tornado because she does not have it. We're not strictly following every unit's spell and she's neither meant to pose a serious threat at that stage.
-I can assure you the updated version, "Shattered Skies" is way more challenging than the one in 1.3b "A World Transformed".
-There were a lot of changes made in Chapter 6 and I don't wish to spoil anything. You will play and see for yourself but I can assure you everything will make perfect sense.

I hope I was able to answer some of your questions.

Yep, and I have a few replays about those:
-So wolves, furbolgs and bears were harmless? Never though about it. And for what you said, I guess that 'unknown reason' was the world sunderring, or am I wrong?
-I guess I have to wait until you finish the Highborne storyline so that I can mention you the points for the Sentinel storyline. Let me know if I get it, are you going to make those major changes since Chapter 1?
-Malfurion's spells will change as the story progresses in the Highborne storyline? Are you saying that Malfurion will have more than the 5 spells he already had and we have to select them in every chapter? Or am I wrong, again?
-You absolutely got a point about those demonic buildings.
-By the way, are you going to add the legendary items on the Hard and Insane difficult? Or are you leaving that to do it after the full release of the campaign?

Seems that I have a way long time to wait until the release of the newest version of this campaign and I can't wait to play it. Nonetheless, I'll be patient.

Level 7
Yep, and I have a few replays about those:
-So wolves, furbolgs and bears were harmless? Never though about it. And for what you said, I guess that 'unknown reason' was the world sunderring, or am I wrong?
-I guess I have to wait until you finish the Highborne storyline so that I can mention you the points for the Sentinel storyline. Let me know if I get it, are you going to make those major changes since Chapter 1?
-Malfurion's spells will change as the story progresses in the Highborne storyline? Are you saying that Malfurion will have more than the 5 spells he already had and we have to select them in every chapter? Or am I wrong, again?
-You absolutely got a point about those demonic buildings.
-By the way, are you going to add the legendary items on the Hard and Insane difficult? Or are you leaving that to do it after the full release of the campaign?

Seems that I have a way long time to wait until the release of the newest version of this campaign and I can't wait to play it. Nonetheless, I'll be patient.

- It's not the world sundering but it's connected to Malfurion. Can't say much more as it would require me to go into spoilers.

-Chapter 1 and 2 will have some dialogue lines changed, added or removed.
The Sentinel storyline will include major changes both in dialogue and story. There will be several new characters and villains with much more content. Some chapters, for instance, will be entirely remade. The Highbourne story went through changes and additions but that's a far cry compared to what will happen in the Sentinel one. Both Campaigns aim to be amazing on their own and by exploring both storylines most questions will be answered along that aren't answered on a previous branch. The point of these two stories is to complete each other and answer one another's questions. For instance, the question to "What corrupted the creatures" will be asked in one branch but it will be answered in the other. Completing both stories will offer the bigger picture that answers most questions.
Still, we haven't started our work on the Sentinel story beside rewriting some chapters and adding new characters to it.

- Malfurion will have new spells. Telling how they would work beyond the normal limit would involve a spoiler. You will experience it yourself when playing it.

- If Smolderas had more demonic buildings, The Guardians would've noticed and assault them sooner which is why his base is weak once exposed.

- I'll discuss with Turnro what changes and addition will go in the difficulty levels for the Campaign but most likely these will be added after Malfurion's Quest release which will involve a solid experience on Normal with a more challenging experience on Hard and Insanity. However, those will be most likely changed or added to an update which will include more items and rewards on a higher difficulty.

Level 3
Hello again, I just want to know if you are still doing the Chapter 8 of the Highborne storyline, because I feel like I've been waiting for that Chapter more than 1 month to change from 'in development' to 'completed', compared to Chapter 7.

Level 29
Hello again, I just want to know if you are still doing the Chapter 8 of the Highborne storyline, because I feel like I've been waiting for that Chapter more than 1 month to change from 'in development' to 'completed', compared to Chapter 7.

We are all waiting.

I am waiting to see Furion's actions coming to bite him hard... really hard.
I want him to be drained of the magic he so cherished, have every cell of his worthless body ripped off one by one, while conscious the entire time, and die a slow and painful death while his foes tell him that his efforts were futile, he was nothing more but a weakling at core and that he woulnd't even be remembered in history!

Level 7

We're getting close to finalizing the remaining Chapters of the Highborne story and it's getting more difficult putting new ideas into practice. I can assure you that we're working on it daily and "Ysera's Heartbeat" will be done soon.
We've also been fixing some bugs from previous maps that we've just remade so there's that.

What you would like to know however is that this Sunday I've had a long chat with Turnro about higher difficulties in the Campaign and its rewards.
There will be a patch after the release of Malfurion's Quest that will bring changes to them as in new enemies, items and special rewards for completion.

Legendary Items will be available on higher difficulties and they can be carried over to Normal as well.
There will be new enemies that won't be present on Normal.
Finishing the game on Insanity will unlock a special reward that will give replayability to the entire Campaign. What that reward will be however will remain a surprise but I can assure you it's worth it.

Last edited:
Level 8
How is that about legendary items carried over to Normal as well?They would be the same or rather kinda weaker than the other obtaineds in higher difficulties?
Those new enemies won't be on Normal but in Hard yes or just in Insane?

Level 7
How is that about legendary items carried over to Normal as well?They would be the same or rather kinda weaker than the other obtaineds in higher difficulties?
Those new enemies won't be on Normal but in Hard yes or just in Insane?

At the start of each chapter, you are asked to choose a difficulty level.
Let's say you get stuck at a certain point in the Campaign. You go back 1 chapter before that, pick a higher difficulty and try to complete it. New items that are Legendary will appear on the map that you can find. If you complete the stage and pass to the next one you'll be asked again what difficulty you'd like to go for. If you had already collected a legendary item previously, that item won't be taken away despite playing on Normal.
Yes. We will make enemies that will appear only on Hard and Insanity difficulty levels.

Last edited:
Level 7
We hope you wil alll have a wonderful time on your holidays.
Christmas and New Year arrives with hopes and it gives us new courage and belief for a very new start.
We wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Level 3
Christmas and New Year arrives with hopes and it gives us new courage and belief for a very new start.

I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for you FallenStar and Turnro.
I know you both are working hard for the fulfilment of the campaign and I really hopping it to be finished for the second half of 2018, but don´t let it forget what is more important in this time of year, the family, of course.

Level 4

Merry Last year Late Christmas :D

I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for you FallenStar and Turnro.
I know you both are working hard for the fulfilment of the campaign and I really hopping it to be finished for the second half of 2018, but don´t let it forget what is more important in this time of year, the family, of course.

indeed :D

Level 7
How's progress?

Hey Verb8im.

Chapter 8: Ysera's Heartbeat will be finished within a few days.
Chapter 9: The Last Guardian's script is complete, the dialogue is going to be written in a few days and the development on the map will begin shortly after 8th's completion.

The Highbourne storyline will be completed pretty soon.

The next step afterward is the Sentinel storyline which will undergo a rework on the older chapters, with a new or changed dialogue here and there.
New entire scenes will be added to each chapter with one Interlude being changed almost entirely.

Once that's done we will continue with the remaining Chapters of the Sentinel story until its completion.

Level 6
Hey Verb8im.

Chapter 8: Ysera's Heartbeat will be finished within a few days.
Chapter 9: The Last Guardian's script is complete, the dialogue is going to be written in a few days and the development on the map will begin shortly after 8th's completion.

The Highbourne storyline will be completed pretty soon.

The next step afterward is the Sentinel storyline which will undergo a rework on the older chapters, with a new or changed dialogue here and there.
New entire scenes will be added to each chapter with one Interlude being changed almost entirely.

Once that's done we will continue with the remaining Chapters of the Sentinel story until its completion.

Okay i know is late and too late for Velinde fate but in sentinel campaign, there will be a slight change for her fate and alive or only in highborne. is just wasted an character you know

Level 7
Okay i know is late and too late for Velinde fate but in sentinel campaign, there will be a slight change for her fate and alive or only in highborne. is just wasted an character you know

While I don't wish to talk about the story itself, I can assure you that Velinde is NOT a wasted character.
You'll see once the new Campaign is released.

Level 7
When you are going to release the version 1.4?

We're hoping to have it finished by the end of August this year.
The Highbourne storyline will be finished within these 2 months but the Sentinel storyline will take more time to finalize as we will rework story elements, characters, and chapters.

Level 10
@FallenStar
I hope you guys consider updating the current version available once you finish the highbourne storyline. It would be awesome to distract us from waiting :D

Level 7
@FallenStar
I hope you guys consider updating the current version available once you finish the highbourne storyline. It would be awesome to distract us from waiting :D

I would personally prefer to finish it entirely as we established and release a fully working version both in gameplay and story.

Even when we finish the Highborne story there might be a few things that we'll still work on, change or update before the Campaign's release.

Better to release something that was worth the wait rather than giving it unfinished and unpolished.

I strongly believe that most people will love the new changes and the additions we kept working on in the remake and the new chapters.
In the long run, the experience, we believe, will be great for every Warcraft fan who's interested in this alternative universe we've built for Malfurion's Quest.

Last edited:
Level 4
I would personally prefer to finish it entirely as we established and release a fully working version both in gameplay and story.

Even when we finish the Highborne story there might be a few things that we'll still work on, change or update before the Campaign's release.

Better to release something that was worth the wait rather than giving it unfinished and unpolished.

I strongly believe that most people will love the new changes and the additions we kept working on in the remake and the new chapters.
In the long run, the experience, we believe, will be great for every Warcraft fan who's interested in this alternative universe we've built for Malfurion's Quest.

useally that makes it 2-3 weeks time

Level 8

Hey! Well, I must admit that I expected to use Velinde in Sentinel's campaign, but I guess that's her fate, is not a wasted caracther. :p