1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Turnro, Mar 12, 2014.

1. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    As always, Turnro give us great news ! Keep it up !

2. Yousef

Yousef

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was just wondering, WTF happened to Archimonde in your timeline? Did he go to Draenor to get rekt by a punch of mortals?

3. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Given that some warcraft characters never appeared, like Jaina Proudmore, Muradin Bronzebeard or Mannoroth, it is possible that in this story Archimonde doesn´t exist. Or that or he was killed long ago in some war.
    I realized something: In 'Ressurection of the Scourge' Araj claimed that besides the World Tree, the only other possible way to summon the Burning Legion was by using the Sunwell. But in 'The Adventures of Rowan the Wise' the Scourge conquered Quel'Thalas but didn´t use it to summon the Legion. Why? And why they started summoning it weeks later somewhere near Dalaran?

4. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    According to the first post, Kazzak the Supreme wields Archimonde's warblade, so at some point, Archimonde must have existed. I dare say he had been killed in the first invasion of the Legion or something.

5. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then this must have happened long before Azgalor was voted leader of the Burning Legion, because he didn´t show up at the voting. And there is no way Archimonde would let someone else be the leader.

6. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kil Jaeden is the curent leader of The Burning Legion.

7. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know. What I am saying is that if Archimonde was alive when Azgalor was chosen as leader of the Burning Legion, he would be one of the candidates.

And I wonder what will the commanders of the Burning Legion think when they discover that Kil'jaeden indirectly helped the orcs kill Azgalor and later he killed Tichondrius. The dreadlords already know of this but the rest don´t.

8. Booker

Booker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe when they discover the truth, some loyalists would rebel against Kil'jaeden like the dreadlords, thus may lead to the failure of legion's invasion.

9. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wind Serpent
    [​IMG]

Hi guys! Here's the new unit you will acquire in Chapter 5 of the Highborne storyline: the Wind Serpent. He is a tier-three aerial assault unit, ideal for dealing with large enemy force groups. Wind Serpents have access to the following abilities:

[​IMG]
    Arcane Bolt
    An auto-cast ability that increases damage and allows the Wind Serpent to deal area-of-effect damage.

[​IMG]
    Cloud
    A channeling spell that disarms enemy ranged units from attacking.

10. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks good Turnro. :)

I was already wondering what kind of air units the Highborne would have.

11. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    The unit looks great Turnro. But looks good for sentinel too.

12. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nooooooo, don't spoil your new units. I refused to play your BETA map, because I want to have full experience when this campaign is finished. Even when you posted Highborne tech-tree I haven't tried them, because I want to be surprised when I start playing it!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  13. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your will is iron , man. But you have long time to wait .

14. Windrunner29

Windrunner29

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    This new unit looks fantastic !
    I Wonder if the buff is purple as the icon :)

15. Vegyrence

Vegyrence

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kil'jaeden originally had a valid reason for killing Tichondrius: the pact that he made with Azgalor 60 years ago, which Tichondrius himself would bear all the consequences and suffer the leader's wrath, should the undead Scourge failed to destroy Azeroth in one way or another (such as the complete destruction of the Scourge itself). Even though Azgalor died during the pact, it still binds Tichondrius in a way that he requested from Kil'jaeden to go to Azeroth to resurrect the Scourge and even mentioned about the pact (which is his fatal mistake).

However, I wondered how would the commanders of Burning Legion knows every about this, since most of the key witnesses to Kil'jaeden aiding the orcs into forest or being able to understand his intentions for Azgalor to be dead (Araj, Tichondrius, Dalvengyr) were killed, and the last key witness, Varimathras, even betrayed Tichondrius and stood at the side on Kil'jaeden. I was doubtful whether Varimathras' act was just to save his own life on the pretext of betraying Tichondrius so that he can inform the other Nathrezims, or in reality, he had already betrayed all the Nathrezims himself?

16. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well, that's something Turnro kept from being spoiled, still curious and excited though on what may happen to that traitor and the legion's future as well as the night elves or highbornes.

Anyway, I really like the way you make units Turnro, like they are so unique, the abilities seem to fit in well (though I'm not 100% sure).
    But the question is, how many chapters have you finished since the last release?

17. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you, Edge45. Since the last release, I have made four new maps. I intend to update Malfurion's Quest once I have completed a fifth map.

18. Booker

Booker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great work, I like this unit. But I still get one question for you: I notice that the highborne lacks meat tanks, will you get some meat tanks for them?

19. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Only time will tell ;)

20. MURDER KING

MURDER KING

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Turnro you have further ideas for Highborne storyline in this chapter or you whant to search for some oppinion,i think the guys will appreciate to help you.