• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 2
The dark voice is simply Malfurion's dark side, created by the doubts in his mind while roaming the Emerald Dream. There is no secret plot by anyone to turn Malfurion evil ;)

Oh I see. I thought malfurion's dark voice is xavius or something. Well, It just mafuiron's dark side. Anyway, mafurion is turned evil by himself to stop the legion in highborne storyline.

By the way, how strong is he? I think malfurion is the most powerful sorcerer in your alternate storyline.

Level 3
Let me tell you Turnro, these chapter are amazing. Now, let's wait for the next update (which I suppose it'll be at the end of the year). Also, I want to know about those patches that you will make for your previous campaigns.
I got surprised when I saw the Naga in this campaign (I though in Resurrection of the Scourge was the only campaign that we'll see them) and for that campaign's version, is it posible that we can control Arthas in some chapter? I mean, helping the Dreadlords and then betrayed by them in the last chapter, it would be great because it would be one more inventory for the legendary items.
About Highbourne storyline, in Chapter 6 Bonus, the ítem dropped by the Keeper of the Grove (level 15) is not convinced, for me, I know it restored some HP, but at least it could make something more like an aura, attack, resistance or attributes. But if you can't, it's OK. Also, will Magtheridon make an appearance in the last chapters? Because after what we saw in Councel of the Legion, I think he got something in store for him, right?
About Sentinel storyline, will the naga and/or Medivh make an appearance in the last chapters or the only appear in the other storyline?. Other think is the Horn of Cenarius, I know it's a great item, just wondering if Malfurion is going to have the same ítem in all the campaign (for me, it would be a bit boring). Is it posible that it can be upgraded? Probably, if Malfurion is going to the Emerald Dream, after accomplish the misión, the Horn would be upgraded for the next chapter, what do you think?
Until now, everythink is AWESOME!!! Keep with your work (also, I left an opinión about the Druid of the Jaw in the previous comments, yo might want to take a look)

Level 31
Let me tell you Turnro, these chapter are amazing. Now, let's wait for the next update (which I suppose it'll be at the end of the year). Also, I want to know about those patches that you will make for your previous campaigns.
I got surprised when I saw the Naga in this campaign (I though in Resurrection of the Scourge was the only campaign that we'll see them) and for that campaign's version, is it posible that we can control Arthas in some chapter? I mean, helping the Dreadlords and then betrayed by them in the last chapter, it would be great because it would be one more inventory for the legendary items.
About Highbourne storyline, in Chapter 6 Bonus, the ítem dropped by the Keeper of the Grove (level 15) is not convinced, for me, I know it restored some HP, but at least it could make something more like an aura, attack, resistance or attributes. But if you can't, it's OK. Also, will Magtheridon make an appearance in the last chapters? Because after what we saw in Councel of the Legion, I think he got something in store for him, right?
About Sentinel storyline, will the naga and/or Medivh make an appearance in the last chapters or the only appear in the other storyline?. Other think is the Horn of Cenarius, I know it's a great item, just wondering if Malfurion is going to have the same ítem in all the campaign (for me, it would be a bit boring). Is it posible that it can be upgraded? Probably, if Malfurion is going to the Emerald Dream, after accomplish the misión, the Horn would be upgraded for the next chapter, what do you think?
Until now, everythink is AWESOME!!! Keep with your work (also, I left an opinión about the Druid of the Jaw in the previous comments, yo might want to take a look)

In regards to the patches, I intend to:
- Make bug fixing patches only to The Adventures of Rowan the Wise and Jeopardy of the Horde
- Do a massive update for Resurrection of the Scourge, though it won't be anytime soon sue to Malfurion's Quest. I'll have to think of what to do with Arthas, as it wouldn't make sense for the player to control him as he is not an ally of the dreadlords

Having the Horn of Cenarius upgrade is a possibility, though I'm stumped with how it will fit into the current story. While there is a mission with the Emerald Dream, the player is not Malfurion at that particular point in time.

I see you have some curiosities towards the future story of Malfurion's Quest. While I don't reveal spoilers, I will say you are thinking on the right track with Magtheridon and Medivh :)

Also, you should know that the Druid of Jaw announcement was an April Fool's joke :p

Level 9
The dark voice is simply Malfurion's dark side, created by the doubts in his mind while roaming the Emerald Dream. There is no secret plot by anyone to turn Malfurion evil ;)

??? I was sure it was either the burning legion or the old gods whispering to Malfurion, this really surprises me

Level 3
The hotkey for Blink works fine for me. Are you playing a non-English version of Warcraft 3?

In regards to the icon, I'll fix that for the next patch. Thanks :)

-Jarod's Bladestorm's time duration seems very short to me, could it be 7 seconds?
-I found something funny, Faradrella is in level 10, though I see she only has 9 abilities (two on level 3 and the other 3 on level 1)
-There are too many good ítems to choose, for both storylines, can you give me a hint of which ones would be the most suitable for the héroes?
-I saw the scene where Jarod spoke of Maiev, so they WERE brother and sister, kind of surprised and a bit sad about it. I wonder if he'll get to know the true and how he will respond.

Level 5
Well we got Tyrande to do the explaining for us and maybe she'll get her ass whooped for sending Maiev to her death in the first place

Level 31
Patch version 1.3.1b is now live! The update includes bug fixes and general improvements, making the current version of Malfurion's Quest stable.

- Resolved several game breaking bugs in Chapter 6 for both story-lines
- Heroes must now be within 1200 range of killing units in order to gain experience
- Regular Hero spells no longer require a level greater than 1 in order to be learnt
- The player no longer needs to repeat Chapter 2 in order to progress to Chapter 3 for both story-lines. However, game caches for Chapter 3 have been reset
- Improved entering through the Way Gates for the first optional quest in Chapter 3 Sentinel
- Turned on ally attack alerts for the furbolg player in Chapter 3 Sentinel
- Changed the hotkey of Fire Cage from V to F in Chapter 3 Highborne
- Players can now enter and leave the kobold cave whenever they choose in Chapter 4 Highborne Part 1
- Fixed a bug where Malfurion would become invulnerable in the kobold cave in Chapter 4 Highborne Part 1
- Fixed a bug where rescue-able Sentinels would not transfer to the player's ownership in Chapter 4 Highborne Part 1
- Tyrande will now correctly gain experience in Chapters 5 & 6 Sentinel
- Fixed an issue in Chapter 6 Sentinel where the main quests were not accurate in the Quest Log
- Increased the shield life of Anti-magic Shell for the final boss in Chapter 6 Sentinel
- Changed the ending cinematic for Chapter 6 Highborne
- Increased the damage caused of Rain of Fire in the final boss fight in Chapter 6 Highborne
- Plagued Ancients now deal area-of-effect damage to ground units, fixing a bug where the mouse icon would not appear for the 'Attack Ground' move
- Changed the color of the player's team from orange to red in the Highborne story-line
- The birth animation for Highborne buildings have been reworked, resolving several in-game issues
- Increased the damage of Moonfire from 60/100/145 to 65/125/170 per level. In addition, units hit by Moonfire will have reduced attack speed as oppossed to movement speed
- Increased the duration of Bladestorm from 5 to 7 seconds
- Trueshot Aura now has a new icon
- Highmistresses now have a new attack missile model
- Stalkers no longer possess Shadow Meld
- Changed the armor type of Arcane Wyrms from Unarmored to Light
- Corrupted Entangled Goldmines now have a new model
- Moon Wells in Chapter 1 are now invulnerable
- Changed the loading screen for Chapter 6 Highborne
- Made slight revisions to the dialogue across the campaign
- Made minor item changes, as well as their locations, throughout the campaign

I have received a lot of feedback about the story of the campaign so far. Some of these changes require considerate updates to some of the maps, as there are a few weak points in the story. I will be working to implement these changes, which means that development on Chapter 7 won't start yet. However, I am happy to continue working on Malfurion's Quest to make it a better campaign :)

Level 2
Awesome campaign Turnro, the chapters i could play was pure dope which make me to my problem. First it's important to say that i really have a shity mac (so maybe it's because of this) but i can't play the Chapter 4 - Highborn Journey to Astranaar. The download of the map in order to play never finishs. In addition, I know it's heretic but i tried the next chapter and just before I though that it was too heretic and that i shouldn't play this level before playing the previous one, I clicked on the kinda high priest that follows Furion and the game stopped and i couldn't do anything but restart my mac. Is it normal, or maybe it's coming from my mac ? Do you guys know if there is a solution please ? Thanks a lot in advance !

Level 3
Hello and i'm in a pickle here.

I'm having a difficult time of "How to install the latest patch 1.28.2" for warcraft 3 thing :| and i don't know how.

Btw do we need to download patch 1.28.2 to make it compatible to play it?

Level 11

I'm having a difficult time of "How to install the latest patch 1.28.2" for warcraft 3 thing :| and i don't know how.

I don't think you need 1.28.2 to play any thing, and you can easily install 1.28.2 by clicking on the Battle.net button, if it crashes then you are probably playing a pirated version and you will have to find another pirated 1.28.2 to get that version.

Level 31
Awesome campaign Turnro, the chapters i could play was pure dope which make me to my problem. First it's important to say that i really have a shity mac (so maybe it's because of this) but i can't play the Chapter 4 - Highborn Journey to Astranaar. The download of the map in order to play never finishs. In addition, I know it's heretic but i tried the next chapter and just before I though that it was too heretic and that i shouldn't play this level before playing the previous one, I clicked on the kinda high priest that follows Furion and the game stopped and i couldn't do anything but restart my mac. Is it normal, or maybe it's coming from my mac ? Do you guys know if there is a solution please ? Thanks a lot in advance !

What version of Warcraft 3 are you playing? If it is 1.27a and below, I recommend downloading a newer patch version.

For the most part, you only need at least patch 1.26. However, if you have a Mac computer, you will need at least 1.27b in order to fix a crashing bug specific to Macs.

Last edited:
Level 3
Well i'm currently using patch 1.27 in pc version so i have to reinstalled warcraft 3 frozen throne from battle.net?

and the battle.net website cost dollars when you reinstall it?

Sorry i'm from the philippines so yeah

Level 11
Well i'm currently using patch 1.27 in pc version so i have to reinstalled warcraft 3 frozen throne from battle.net?

and the battle.net website cost dollars when you reinstall it?

Sorry i'm from the philippines so yeah
If you have the CD key just put it in battle.net's redeem keys and you shouldn't need to buy WC3 again.

Level 31
Hey guys! It's been a while, so I thought I would share a change I wish to implement in Malfurion's Quest:

Barkskin
full

The Furbolg Shaman's Barkskin spell currently increases armor by 3. The proposed change is to add an additional effect of a damage shield: enemies that attack will inflict 20% of their attack damage. Of course, this change conflicts with Malfurion's Thorns Aura ability, which does the same thing. I am thinking about changing Malfurion's aura ability to to do something else instead, such as provide a small health regeneration bonus to nearby units (despite that Malfurion already has two healing abilities: Lifesurge and Tranquility).

What do you guys think of these ideas? Feel free to share your thoughts about Malfurion's aura,whether it should change and what it could be instead.

Level 14
Hey guys! It's been a while, so I thought I would share a change I wish to implement in Malfurion's Quest:

Barkskin
full

The Furbolg Shaman's Barkskin spell currently increases armor by 3. The proposed change is to add an additional effect of a damage shield: enemies that attack will inflict 20% of their attack damage. Of course, this change conflicts with Malfurion's Thorns Aura ability, which does the same thing. I am thinking about changing Malfurion's aura ability to to do something else instead, such as provide a small health regeneration bonus to nearby units (despite that Malfurion already has two healing abilities: Lifesurge and Tranquility).

What do you guys think of these ideas? Feel free to share your thoughts about Malfurion's aura,whether it should change and what it could be instead.
Hmmm what about Mal'Furions Rage.Whenever Mal'Furion is attaked Mal'Furions tattoos will grow into fiery chain that gives his allies bonus attack speed 10% chance how's that but if this skill is dumb then just tell because I will delete this.

Edit
Ofcourse you can decide of a better discription my discription is only a example and aparantly a suggestion.Good luck tunro!

Level 8
i think you should change his thorn aura to healing aura but also change at least one of his spell into a defensive /offensive spell abilities.
Change Tranquility into something destructive force of nature which devastating enemies or buildings or defensive which makes enemyes to detect you less and also increasing attack speed for allies for the period of time.
What do you think about my opinion.

Level 14
i think you should change his thorn aura to healing aura but also change at least one of his spell into a defensive /offensive spell abilities.
Change Tranquility into something destructive force of nature which devastating enemies or buildings or defensive which makes enemyes to detect you less and also increasing attack speed for allies for the period of time.
Even though you are not asking me I for one desagree with the healing aura but I agree in the defensive/offence spell abilities.Why do I desagree with the healing aura because Mal'Furion already has 2 spells of healing Life Surge/Tranquality and there will be three healing abilities.I think the healing is enough maybe we should put on a shield/attack damage/agility I meant defensive and offence I love the defensive and offensive Idea maybe we should put on shielding aura that gives allied units 3-4 armour and 10 damage and 12% attack speed and the title is not pretty naturey
maybe we should call it Natureseed Aura.Hows that and if you ask I am asking both @MURDER KING and @Turnro

Level 29
Okay I went to Wowpedia and found these spells that the druid class can learn. You could create some abilities based on them.

-Remove Corruption: Nullifies negative effects on targets, including curse and poison.
-Celestial Alignement: Celestial bodies align, increasing the damage of all your spells by 30%. Lasts 15 sec.
-Rejuvenation: Heals the target for (300% of spell power) over 15 sec

Level 8
Even though you are not asking me I for one desagree with the healing aura but I agree in the defensive/offence spell abilities.Why do I desagree with the healing aura because Mal'Furion already has 2 spells of healing Life Surge/Tranquality and there will be three healing abilities.I think the healing is enough maybe we should put on a shield/attack damage/agility I meant defensive and offence I love the defensive and offensive Idea maybe we should put on shielding aura that gives allied units 3-4 armour and 10 damage and 12% attack speed and the title is not pretty naturey
maybe we should call it Natureseed Aura.Hows that and if you ask I am asking both @MURDER KING and @Turnro
With Tranquility changed will bee only 2 healing spell:Lifesurge and the healing aura.
Shields works fine for blood elves and highborne but not night elves.
Well, why no add one of these effects of % when attacked to use a spell, something like a Chain of lightning of a Stormbolt with minimal 10/30 damage.

Lightning is used by shaman ,Malfurion is an archdruid,druidism has nothing to do with shaman spells.
Malfurion can use the nature power only in his advantages like:wind,rain,leafs everything the nature has in store for him.
The healing aura will not heal on a moment everything but can bee usefull in combat to sustain others live without casting a spell wich requires mana especially when fightning demons for they are very crafted in dealing high damage.
I am curios what Turnro will think about these.

Level 14
With Tranquility changed will bee only 2 healing spell:Lifesurge and the healing aura.
Shields works fine for blood elves and highborne but not night elves.

Lightning is used by shaman ,Malfurion is an archdruid,druidism has nothing to do with shaman spells.
Malfurion can use the nature power only in his advantages like:wind,rain,leafs everything the nature has in store for him.
The healing aura will not heal on a moment everything but can bee usefull in combat to sustain others live without casting a spell wich requires mana especially when fightning demons for they are very crafted in dealing high damage.
I am curios what Turnro will think about these.
Well I think we should all agreee with @LISBOAH

Level 31

I thought the same thing with Malfurion having 3 healing spells, but then it could not matter if the healing provided is very little. I don't know about changing Tranquility at this stage, I quite like it how it is.

Anyhow, I've come up with a couple of aura ideas which could be used and don't collide with already existing spells. Feel free to let me know your thoughts :)

SPELL ONE
Ironwood Aura - Increases the armor and health regeneration of nearby friendly units
Level One: +1 armor, +0.50 hits points per second
Level Two: +2 armor, +1.00 hits points per second
Level Three: +3 armor, +1.50 hits points per second

SPELL TWO
Nature's Touch - Provides mana regeneration to nearby friendly units. Units under the effects of this aura will also receive additional healing from Lifesurge and Tranquility.
Level One: +0.50 mana per second, +10% healing received
Level Two: +1.00 mana per second, +20% healing received
Level Three: +1.50 mana per second, +30% healing received

Last edited:
Level 29
I thought the same thing with Malfurion having 3 healing spells, but then it could not matter if the healing provided is very little. I don't know about changing Tranquility at this stage, I quite like it how it is.

Anyhow, I've come up with a couple of aura ideas which could be used and don't collide with already existing spells. Feel free to let me know your thoughts :)

SPELL ONE
Ironwood Aura - Increase the armor and health regeneration of nearby friendly units

SPELL TWO
Nature's Touch - Provides mana regeneration to nearby friendly units. Units under the effects of this aura will also receive additional healing from Lifesurge and Tranquility.

The Ironwood Aura is quite overpowered, especially in the first part of the campaign, but once we face the Burning Legion it will be balanced Nature's Touch is also useful but only if we use a lot of spellcaster units.

Level 5
Both of them are quite good, you could make the player acquire either of them through certain decisions but we cant have them at the same time.
Ex. We could get Nature's Touch from completing the oracle mission

Level 8
SPELL ONE
Ironwood Aura - Increase the armor and health regeneration of nearby friendly units

SPELL TWO
This is a hard decision since both of them has there own advantage,but i have a question first:
How much lvls a spell can aquire ,will bee like in others 3 campaign with 6 lvls per spells?
For me locks both very useful i can play with whatever spell you will introduce to Malfurion.

Level 14

SPELL ONE

SPELL TWO
Nature touch is for me becuase its good for completing hard missions

Level 31
This is a hard decision since both of them has there own advantage,but i have a question first:
How much lvls a spell can aquire ,will bee like in others 3 campaign with 6 lvls per spells?
For me locks both very useful i can play with whatever spell you will introduce to Malfurion.

The spells will only have 3 levels each, which is standard across Warcraft 3 campaigns. I'll sit on these spells for a while since I can't decide myself lol

Level 14
Personally, I prefer Ironwood Aura since it will be beneficial in survival missions where health is scarce. It's also not too restrictive since they're health and armor bonus, contrary to Nature's Touch which go for a mana bonus.
I agree with @Daffa the Mage Mal'Furion does not wield magic powers so he don't heal mana which is a skill that is similar with the Highborn version of Mal'Furion.Mal'Furion wields nature powers not magic powers so I agree I think you should use a healing bonus in Nature's Touch and for your information Nature it means nature powers not magic powers.But it is posible but for the Highborn version of Mal'Furion.

Level 15
It has to be an aura? I would go with something more "druidic".

Owlkin Form - Transform Malfurion into a Owlkin for the next 30 seconds gaining melee attack, but also extra armor and attack damage (he can still cast his spells).

LEVEL 1 - 10 bonus damage and 3 armor
LEVEL 2 - 15 bonus damage and 4 armor
LEVEL 3 - 20 bonus damage and 5 armor

Something like this!

Level 15
Turnro, can you tell me what is and how to"activate" second optional quest in the 4th Sentinel map "Spreading of Corruption" (or something like that). I could only find that one wtih Temple of Elune. Second one was undiscovered. I even restarted the map, and activated "iseedeadpeople" cheat to see if I missed something, and I couldn't find anything that I haven't already seen when I played it.

Level 8
Turnro, can you tell me what is and how to"activate" second optional quest in the 4th Sentinel map "Spreading of Corruption" (or something like that). I could only find that one wtih Temple of Elune. Second one was undiscovered. I even restarted the map, and activated "iseedeadpeople" cheat to see if I missed something, and I couldn't find anything that I haven't already seen when I played it.
In Astranaar you may find what you look.