• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Yes, in my opinion, taking the enemy hero out of the fight with just one unit is quiet OP, unless it's something like the hero is trying to get out and the unit is taking damage in the process.

Or having it at high cost or something. Can't let this gigantic thing just squash hero into morning breakfast without some weakness, right?

Level 3
Hey guys! I just wanted to announce a new unit that will be available in Malfurion's Quest:

Druid of the Jaw

full

The night elves are in need for a Kodo-like unit in their tech-tree, and the Druid of the Jaw is the perfect answer! These ancient people spend their lives enlarging their jaws in order to swallow their victims whole!

Devour
full
Allows Druids of the Jaw to eat units whole and slowly digest them.
Ape Form
full
Transforms Druids of the Jaw into a massive ape. While in this form, the druid has more health and is able to devour and digest enemy heroes.

-Druids of the Jaw? Really? AWESOME!!!This new unit looks great, I wonder how they will look in the gameplay.
-Devour enemy héroes? Isn't that too much? We all know you want to be original but instead of 'devour enemy heroes' it could be 'bite them'? Just to reduce the OP.
-I mean, they normally can devour unit with Level 5 or below, but for units with Level 6 or above and héroes could be 'bite', which is that the Druids of the Jaw (in Ape Form) are using their teeth to hold these strongest units and héroes so they can't move or cast any spells, maybe for a certain amount of time or until another unit stun them or get killed. But if you want them in your way, it's OK, I won't oppose, it's just an idea.
-Are those the only abilities this new unit will have or it will have 1 or 2 spells like the other druids in their normal form?
-This unit will appear in the upgrade on April 6th or is for the next upgrade (probable the end of the year)?

Level 5
Hey guys! Work on Malfurion's Quest has been progressing well, although I've found I'll need a little longer to test and complete the next update. The new release date for Malfurion's Quest v1.3b will be 6th April 2017.

full

My final tasks involve completing the last part of Chapter 6 of the Highborne story line, as well as testing the map traveling triggers. The rest of the campaign is looking good so far, with the already existing maps working well with the latest changes such as bug fixes an the new Backpack system.
Can't wait for tomorrow, 6th April:rolleyes:

Level 31
Hey guys! Just a quick post to let you all know Chapter 6 for the Highborne story-line is now finished and tested. The v1.3b update is well on its way for tomorrow!

Just so you are all aware, I won't be able to upload the new version as soon as it hits 12 a.m. The new version of Malfurion's Quest will be available sometime tomorrow when I get the chance.

Regardless, I will inform you all once the update is done :)

Level 15
Hey guys! Just a quick post to let you all know that I'm about 75% through Chapter 6 of the Highborne story-line. Here's a screenshot for the meantime:

full

2017 will be an exciting year for content. Not only will there be an update for Malfurion's Quest, but I also intend to do patches for my other campaigns. In addition, I'll be working on a few side projects that will be available later in the year :)

I see no point in stretching yourself that much. You should focus on this campaign, and when you finish it, then start those side projects and patches for your old campaigns...

Level 31
I am happy to announce that version 1.3b is now live! This patch brings out 5 new maps, along with several bug fixes and polishes to the already existing content.

MALFURION'S QUEST v1.3b

The message coding to skip to the new maps has also been removed. Instead, all maps in the campaign so far are automatically unlocked.

I would like to hear what you guys think of this new update to better improve Malfurion's Quest. Feel free to post your thoughts, though do remember to not reveal any spoilers for other players ;)

Level 3
AMAZING, simply AMAZING!!! I saw the latest chapter (not played yet but I will) and I got to say is incredible: the ítems, the maps, the abilities, all of it, I can't belivied. I really want to say what I saw but, like Turnro, no spoilers, probably until I played it.

Level 5
So far so good, currently at 2nd chapter.
However, one small bug at 1st chapter: in the 1st village, the night elf buildings in the bottom part are not invulnerable

Level 2
I have just played the newest chapters.Epic!Master pieces!
The chapter 6 in Sentinel line is the best RPG type chapter I have ever played in War3.
An Amazing chapter including fabulous boss fights and mazes which need some interesting tricks.

A probable bug in Highborne line:
The final boss became invulnerable after a few mintues and stopped,which made it impossible to defeat him.

Level 31
So far so good, currently at 2nd chapter.
However, one small bug at 1st chapter: in the 1st village, the night elf buildings in the bottom part are not invulnerable

I don't think this is a major issue, but I guess there's no harm making them invulnerable :)

I have just played the newest chapters.Epic!Master pieces!
The chapter 6 in Sentinel line is the best RPG type chapter I have ever played in War3.
An Amazing chapter including fabulous boss fights and mazes which need some interesting tricks.

A probable bug in Highborne line:
The final boss became invulnerable after a few mintues and stopped,which made it impossible to defeat him.

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the new maps for Malfurion's Quest :)

If you walk close enough to the boss, he will no longer be invulnerable. Still, this probably should change in the next update.

Level 8
Hi Turnro, I was playing the campaign from zero and I choose Highborne story, the thing is, in Chapter 3 after meeting the ancients and start looking for the fountain, in the part that Malfurion tries to shut down the generators I summoned the crystal golem before he starts channeling and after killing the beasts uhm...well, he bugged and stayed like this, stopping me from continuing
view.php

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_040717_020940_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_040717_020940_01.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 209
Level 31
Hi Turnro, I was playing the campaign from zero and I choose Highborne story, the thing is, in Chapter 3 after meeting the ancients and start looking for the fountain, in the part that Malfurion tries to shut down the generators I summoned the crystal golem before he starts channeling and after killing the beasts uhm...well, he bugged and stayed like this, stopping me from continuing
view.php

I see. I'll have a look into this.

Level 4
Turnro, why did you do that to him?? :(
Anyway the new chapters were a lot of fun.... I would reveal some spoilers but perhaps next time.... The new maps were a lot of fun to play and the new Sentinel map was a little irritating but still fun.... Keep up the good work.... Can't wait for the next chapters but take your time....

Level 8
I found a little one in Chapter 4 Part 1 of the Highborne, I don't know if someone experienced the same, when I entered in the Kobold's cave, Malfurion was invulnerable and plus, he rushed the cave by himself.

Level 11
I've just finished these new chapters and I'm impressed as always by your work, Turnro!
But I've enconquered a bug in a Highborne chapter: when you travel east and begin a "Remnants of the Ancients" sequel, when you take control of those corupted beings called Plagued Ancient and click on "(G) Attack Ground", there is no mouse pointer. It just disappears and I can't see where to click.
Also there's a grammar mistake in one of dialogues right before facing the boss where Malfurion says "You are *fool* of lies...".
And that's it, everything else is perfect. Good work.

Level 31
I found a little one in Chapter 4 Part 1 of the Highborne, I don't know if someone experienced the same, when I entered in the Kobold's cave, Malfurion was invulnerable and plus, he rushed the cave by himself.

In the campaign screen, Chapter Six Highbourne is marked as chapter five.

I've just finished these new chapters and I'm impressed as always by your work, Turnro!
But I've enconquered a bug in a Highborne chapter: when you travel east and begin a "Remnants of the Ancients" sequel, when you take control of those corupted beings called Plagued Ancient and click on "(G) Attack Ground", there is no mouse pointer. It just disappears and I can't see where to click.
Also there's a grammar mistake in one of dialogues right before facing the boss where Malfurion says "You are *fool* of lies...".
And that's it, everything else is perfect. Good work.

More bugs, hey? I'll look into these for the next bug patch.

Level 4
TURNRO your a God in creating campaigns, all I say is ...................... it's really great and awesome campaign can't wait for the following chapters this is worth the wait XD

Level 1
Hey there Turno. not sure if its just me but when I try to build things on any of the chapters it does not render the buildings. The buildings that are already there show but any new building just shows the construction animation. Is there anyway to solve this? Tested the normal game but shows no error so it has to be something to do with the campaign itself. Its an minor error since they still work but it is still annoying nonetheless.

Level 31
Hey there Turno. not sure if its just me but when I try to build things on any of the chapters it does not render the buildings. The buildings that are already there show but any new building just shows the construction animation. Is there anyway to solve this? Tested the normal game but shows no error so it has to be something to do with the campaign itself. Its an minor error since they still work but it is still annoying nonetheless.

Hi omegad,

When you say all chapters, does this mean all chapters where you build things or only when you are playing the Highborne missions? Also, what's your version of Warcraft 3?

Last edited:
Level 1

Yup just checked and yes it is just the highborn with this issue. My version is 1.28, the latest version but was not working for 1.21 either.

Just quickly ran some cheats just to show exactly what I mean

Last edited:
Level 31

Yup just checked and yes it is just the highborn with this issue. My version is 1.28, the latest version but was not working for 1.21 either.

Just quickly ran some cheats just to show exactly what I mean

Thanks for the clarity, but I can't seem to see to picture you've posted. Try marking the picture as public instead of private.

Level 5
Another bug in Cave of Shadows
Apparently the quest where you rescue Shalis and her troops are listed as the final quest instead

Attachments

• Bug.jpg
    Bug.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 219
Level 3
I am happy to announce that version 1.3b is now live! This patch brings out 5 new maps, along with several bug fixes and polishes to the already existing content.

MALFURION'S QUEST v1.3b

The message coding to skip to the new maps has also been removed. Instead, all maps in the campaign so far are automatically unlocked.

I would like to hear what you guys think of this new update to better improve Malfurion's Quest. Feel free to post your thoughts, though do remember to not reveal any spoilers for other players ;)
At last! I cant wait for this! Good luck for the project of Malfurion's Quest next version.

Level 5
I know someone has already said this bug, but i still feel the urge to post it
Easy Kobold Tunnels

Attachments

• Bug1.png
    Bug1.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 220
Level 31
Just asking turnro are you updating your other 3 campaigns? If yes, i would like to give suggestions

I plan to bring out bug fixing patches for The Adventures of Rowan the Wise and Jeopardy of the Horde. I also wish to do a massive update for Resurrection of the Scourge, though I'm more concentrated on Malfurion's Quest for the time being.

You can PM me the suggestions you have :)

When to expect that bug fix update?

I was originally going to leave it for a month, although some of bugs reported should be fixed soon rather than later ;/

I'm working to fix these bugs now and will probably have the update out in a weeks time or so. No guarantees it will be done by then, though, as I want to make sure everything is fine before pushing it live.

Level 1
Gosh this campaign is absolutelly perfect, i enjoy so much playing this, testing it first on hard, then trying to do it on insane, loving the base vs base scenarios, i can't wait to see what you have in mind for Illidan, i hope he is not dead, and looking forward to see what " the futere " have in mind for the Arch Druid ... Eta time when the new maps will be finished ? Can't wait, keep up the good work, also looking forward for the Arthas Campaign also <3 I enjoy your work so much !!

Level 31
Gosh this campaign is absolutelly perfect, i enjoy so much playing this, testing it first on hard, then trying to do it on insane, loving the base vs base scenarios, i can't wait to see what you have in mind for Illidan, i hope he is not dead, and looking forward to see what " the futere " have in mind for the Arch Druid ... Eta time when the new maps will be finished ? Can't wait, keep up the good work, also looking forward for the Arthas Campaign also <3 I enjoy your work so much !!

Thanks Ravenbro :) I'm hoping to have the next batch of maps completed later in the year, though I guess we will wait and see.

Level 2
Turnro. I have an curiousity about Malfurion's Dark voice in both story lines. Was it made from Emerald dreams? That isn't just malfurion's dark side but Xavius or something like old god's minion. I think that Malfurion became a villain in highborne storyline to stop the Burning Legion.

Level 31
Turnro. I have an curiousity about Malfurion's Dark voice in both story lines. Was it made from Emerald dreams? That isn't just malfurion's dark side but Xavius or something like old god's minion. I think that Malfurion became a villain in highborne storyline to stop the Burning Legion.

The dark voice is simply Malfurion's dark side, created by the doubts in his mind while roaming the Emerald Dream. There is no secret plot by anyone to turn Malfurion evil ;)