• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 31
Hey guys! It's been a couple of weeks since my last post, so I'll just do a quick one about the changes I've made to the upcoming Backpack system:

BACKPACK CHANGES

full

First of all, the backpack that Malfurion has will not be called a backpack, but a pouch (for story and context reasons). In addition, the pouch will start off with only 2 inventory slots instead of 6. While this looks like a downgrade, you will have the opportunity to complete optional quests throughout the campaign that unlock additional slots for the pouch. In summary, the pouch can have up to 6 inventory slots providing you complete their required quests.

Feel free to let me know what you think of these changes :)

Last edited:
Level 4
I like it since I always considered having the backpack as OP. But will these quests to unlock more inventory slots part of the story Turnro?? Because that would make it more interesting to unlock more if it was part of the story.

Level 14
Makes sense. As far back as legend of Zelda you did side quests or activities for additional potion slots since bottles are apparently made of rare material hehe.

Or other rpgs where better armor offers more item quick slots

I like it its more content. More content is goooooooood

Level 31
I like it since I always considered having the backpack as OP. But will these quests to unlock more inventory slots part of the story Turnro?? Because that would make it more interesting to unlock more if it was part of the story.

It's part of the story in the sense that its for an optional quest. In regards to the main story or quests, it will not.

Level 5
I seem to have an issue with Chapter 4 Part 2 of the Highborne, the part where i control Kath'ranis and teleport using the obelisks is pretty much bugged for me. I can't teleport to the 2nd obelisk because it isn't a friendly unit.

Attachments

• Bug.png
    Bug.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
Level 31
I seem to have an issue with Chapter 4 Part 2 of the Highborne, the part where i control Kath'ranis and teleport using the obelisks is pretty much bugged for me. I can't teleport to the 2nd obelisk because it isn't a friendly unit.

Before you reached this obelisk, was there a sentry and a bunch of archers you encountered. If so, how did you kill them?

Level 5
Yes, i killed them using spells as i would with any other enemies. Though i replayed the mission and i was able to teleport to the 2nd obelisk somehow. So i guess this is irrelevant now.

Level 31
Yes, i killed them using spells as i would with any other enemies. Though i replayed the mission and i was able to teleport to the 2nd obelisk somehow. So i guess this is irrelevant now.

What you experienced the first time round is a bug. This will be fixed in the next update, but I thought I'd just let you know in the meantime.

Level 3
I rather like your new change for the backpack, it's more lore friendly and kinda makes it exciting to do side quest and upgrade the pack.

Level 31
Hey guys! Just a quick post to let you all know that I'm about 75% through Chapter 6 of the Highborne story-line. Here's a screenshot for the meantime:

full

2017 will be an exciting year for content. Not only will there be an update for Malfurion's Quest, but I also intend to do patches for my other campaigns. In addition, I'll be working on a few side projects that will be available later in the year :)

Last edited:
Level 17
hmm maybe he just kills them with the icon cannon and LOL man :D malfurion's last ability(arcane blast or whatever) effect is based on the Generals Command and conquer tiberium wars 3 game the Global,Defence,initiative bases super wepon, :eek: :D spoiler spam wars :D

there is a better nova blast tho i found Dark Nova
this might seem sth small but trust me just his effect it has sth about 500 AOE so u cant use it as sth like frost nova :) its too BIG :p

Level 9
Hey guys! Just a quick post to let you all know that I'm about 75% through Chapter 6 of the Highborne story-line. Here's a screenshot for the meantime:

full

2017 will be an exciting year for content. Not only will there be an update for Malfurion's Quest, but I also intend to do patches for my other campaigns. In addition, I'll be working on a few side projects that will be available later in the year :)

Awesome, so looking forward to this!

Level 31
Hey guys! Work on Malfurion's Quest has been progressing well, although I've found I'll need a little longer to test and complete the next update. The new release date for Malfurion's Quest v1.3b will be 6th April 2017.

full

My final tasks involve completing the last part of Chapter 6 of the Highborne story line, as well as testing the map traveling triggers. The rest of the campaign is looking good so far, with the already existing maps working well with the latest changes such as bug fixes an the new Backpack system.

Level 11
I love how this campaign has divergeant storylines, very original and refreshing from all the other wc stuff i have played so far

Level 3
If it wasn't for the latest new, we would have the new upgraded right now, but I guess everything needs to be tested first before we can play it. I'm not complaining, it's just that I was really expecting this day for it, I hope one more week is worth the wait.

Hey guys! Work on Malfurion's Quest has been progressing well, although I've found I'll need a little longer to test and complete the next update. The new release date for Malfurion's Quest v1.3b will be 6th April 2017.

full

My final tasks involve completing the last part of Chapter 6 of the Highborne story line, as well as testing the map traveling triggers. The rest of the campaign is looking good so far, with the already existing maps working well with the latest changes such as bug fixes an the new Backpack system.

And this new image is kinda interesting. The map is 75% explored, I guess the sentinels know about Malfurion's intentions, there's no clue about Kath'ranis and I think I saw something strange on those archers. I wonder, are those the new looks of the Moon Archers?

Level 31
Hey guys! I just wanted to announce a new unit that will be available in Malfurion's Quest:

Druid of the Jaw

full

The night elves are in need for a Kodo-like unit in their tech-tree, and the Druid of the Jaw is the perfect answer! These ancient people spend their lives enlarging their jaws in order to swallow their victims whole!

Devour
full
Allows Druids of the Jaw to eat units whole and slowly digest them.
Ape Form
full
Transforms Druids of the Jaw into a massive ape. While in this form, the druid has more health and is able to devour and digest enemy heroes.

Level 5
Hey guys! I just wanted to announce a new unit that will be available in Malfurion's Quest:

Druid of the Jaw

full

The night elves are in need for a Kodo-like unit in their tech-tree, and the Druid of the Jaw is the perfect answer! These ancient people spend their lives enlarging their jaws in order to swallow their victims whole!

Devour
full
Ape Form
full
Transforms Druids of the Jaw into a massive ape. While in this form, the druid has more health and is able to devour and digest enemy heroes.
Wow

Level 3

Druid of the Jaw

full

Devour
full
Ape Form
full
I cant wait for this...

Level 3

Druid of the Jaw

full

Devour
full
Ape Form
full
I cant wait for this...

Level 11
Yes, in my opinion, taking the enemy hero out of the fight with just one unit is quiet OP, unless it's something like the hero is trying to get out and the unit is taking damage in the process.

Level 5
The name seems pretty out of place among the Night Elves (But i guess that's just me)
Also, they can devour enemy heroes, isn't that a bit op?

Level 11
The name seems pretty out of place among the Night Elves (But i guess that's just me)
Also, they can devour enemy heroes, isn't that a bit op?
You are not alone my friend, not saying it's bad, saying there could be better stuff, like for example druids of the fang, which transform into snakes, and we all know that snakes can eat big stuff, lore accurate and same ability design, but it's all up to Turnro, apes are cool too!

Level 3
You are not alone my friend, not saying it's bad, saying there could be better stuff, like for example druids of the fang, which transform into snakes, and we all know that snakes can eat big stuff, lore accurate and same ability design, but it's all up to Turnro, apes are cool too!
Druid of the Cobra are transform as the Snakes. If Druid of the Fangs, transform as the Wolves.