• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 5
well the Night Elves are pretty squishy to begin with... it's just chaos dmg is just too op...unless Turnro manages to do something about those blasted Infernal's heavy armor + magic immunity :/

Level 4
Well the enemy is the Burning Legion and even in the original Warcraft lore they're too strong so it makes sense that we should have a hard time against them. The only thing I do is that i have Jarod tank them and have the units with heal to keep on healing Jarod while he tanks and all the rest of my units attack 1 infernal after another. But I am not too sure about this I have not played this in quite a while but that's just what I do, Jarod tank + heal then all units 1 infernal then the next. For the Highborne I never really had any trouble because I put up a wall of towers in base and they can't get through.

Level 31
((I agree with Mogul Kahn on this spells are a bit copyed from regular ones for the highborn ofc i think that Mogul means overall spells but still this is bad and if im not mistaking the Enchantress of the highborn also has the slow ability and WHY didnt anyone paid attention to my last posting about the priest/claric spell problem???))

I don't think others had anything additional to say about this. At the moment, I'm more concerned with having spells that have a purpose and which work with the gameplay rather than having totally unique spells. However, I will see what I can do about this later down the track.

Level 9
Good day fellas and especially to you mighty Turnro and happy holidays to all
Are there any 'leaks' you can tell us beside the mana wyrm?
I liked the idea of the unit, the Highborne really need it
I'm replaying the campaign now to see if there maybe something to suggest or report
Just to be sure, Did you put any Legendary items in Malfurion's Quest?
And are you still planning to release the next update in January?

Level 17
I don't think others had anything additional to say about this. At the moment, I'm more concerned with having spells that have a purpose and which work with the gameplay rather than having totally unique spells. However, I will see what I can do about this later down the track.

well all i can say is do think on ((I will see what I can do about this later down the track)) it for 100% cuz im not actually saying any unique spells MUST be done but at the very least change the effect and the bonuse and the names people get in using these 3 spells
but still restoring mana is a cool thing too as the highborn use a good deal amount of spells in combat and restoring the mana to keep them using such spells dose have a purpose in the there game play.

Level 31
Good day fellas and especially to you mighty Turnro and happy holidays to all
Are there any 'leaks' you can tell us beside the mana wyrm?
I liked the idea of the unit, the Highborne really need it
I'm replaying the campaign now to see if there maybe something to suggest or report
Just to be sure, Did you put any Legendary items in Malfurion's Quest?
And are you still planning to release the next update in January?

Hi Morris,

No leaks at the moment, but there will be soon ;) I haven't put any legendary items in Malfurion's Quest yet, that will be done once all the maps are finished. Finally, the update won't be done in January, but I will post am estimate date soon.

Level 8
I did wait for the update for this campaign when it came out in 2013 and I got one this year. I have enjoyd every bit of the story, you did actually make some events quite shocking sush as the fate of Tyrande in the highborne storyline. Also I liked the two chapters you have named on the Sentinel storyline which was Chapter 7 Part 1 - The Giants of Ashenvale and Chapter 7 Part 2 - Into the Emerald Dream. I havent got some suprises yet as you did with the highborne storyline but I got a expetation to these two parts which I wonder if your gonna but the emerald Nightmare into it at all

(To people that doesnt know what the emerald nightmare is, its a image of the world it represents just as a corrupt version. Corrupt in this case will be demonic energy, fear, horrors and madness but if you enter the Emerald Dream you will meet a imagine of the world it represents just a "perfection" of that world. Wich it will be based upon harmony, buty and good feelings.)

. Though don't take me wrong, the Sentinel Storyline was amazing aswell, I didn't expect that we could be alies to the Makrura but it wasn't imposible either in my mind. Since the Makrura does practise power over nature. Though I hope your gonna wait for any release were we are gonna se any large invasion of demons (If there are any demon invasion as in wow Legion). Since there hae been some new in that legion expansion that have come here on Hive, such as eredar female, Wrathguard, felguard (looks the same as before but you can use them as fellguard if your gonna import FelLord512.blp ) Aswell some others as imps and void beings. Since I think an truly invasion by the legion should contain of everything they have in store, such as the eredar, satyr, dreadlords and fel orcs that was offered or tricked into the legion. I just don't hope your gonna end the whole campaign on any of these storylines where we just go trough a dungeon and kill the main boss, that it will be soemthing trully, spectaculary. So I hope you have had a happy chrismas (or other selebrations you might selebrate) and that you get out one more updates to perhaps chapter 6 before the end of january so I want to say good luck on making this capaign done. I really do hope you did not get a headache because of bad english or much text tough. I do hope you release one update before the end of january so do others i belive that might love this campaign less or more than I do.

Last edited:
Level 9
Turnro, I don't know if anyone encountered this minor bug or is it just me
when I use Faradrella's spirit link ability, it's supposed to distribute a percentage of the damage done among the units affected by it.
But when enemies hit them only the that is under attack is taking the damage and the rest aren't affected

Level 31
Ever considered the Feedback skill on any of the Highbourne units Turnro?

The Arcane Wyrm possesses this ability.

I did wait for the update for this campaign when it came out in 2013 and I got one this year. I have enjoyd every bit of the story, you did actually make some events quite shocking sush as the fate of Tyrande in the highborne storyline. Also I liked the two chapters you have named on the Sentinel storyline which was Chapter 7 Part 1 - The Giants of Ashenvale and Chapter 7 Part 2 - Into the Emerald Dream. I havent got some suprises yet as you did with the highborne storyline but I got a expetation to these two parts which I wonder if your gonna but the emerald Nightmare into it at all (To people that doesnt know what the emerald dream is, its a image of the world it represents just as a corrupt version of it). Though don't take me wrong, the Sentinel Storyline was amazing aswell, I didn't expect that we could be alies to the Makrura but it wasn't imposible either in my mind. Since the Makrura does practise power over nature. Though I hope your gonna wait for any release were we are gonna se any large invasion of demons (If there are any demon invasion as in wow Legion). Since there hae been some new in that legion expansion that have come here on Hive, such as eredar female, Wrathguard, felguard (looks the same as before but you can use them as fellguard if your gonna import FelLord512.blp ) Aswell some others as imps and void beings. Since I think an truly invasion by the legion should contain of everything they have in store, such as the eredar, satyr, dreadlords and fel orcs that was offered or tricked into the legion. I just don't hope your gonna end the whole campaign on any of these storylines where we just go trough a dungeon and kill the main boss, that it will be soemthing trully, spectaculary. So I hope you have had a happy chrismas (or other selebrations you might selebrate) and that you get out one more updates to perhaps chapter 6 before the end of january so I want to say good luck on making this capaign done. I really do hope you did not get a headache because of bad english or much text tough. I do hope you release one update before the end of january so do others i belive that might love this campaign less or more than I do.

Thanks hakonwarcraft :) I'll take your feedback about the Legion in considration while I continue to make Malfurion's Quest.

Turnro, I don't know if anyone encountered this minor bug or is it just me
when I use Faradrella's spirit link ability, it's supposed to distribute a percentage of the damage done among the units affected by it.
But when enemies hit them only the that is under attack is taking the damage and the rest aren't affected

I'll look into this. Thanks for point it out.

Level 9
@Turnro When I played the campaign on normal the spirit link didn't affect but on Hard it does
But like I said maybe there is something wrong in my version considering that no one encountered this before
I tried playing chapter 2 where we fight against Kath'remar on Hard but couldn't defeat him lol he is just too strong
if anyone has a certain strategy to defeat him and other bosses on higher difficulties please inform me.

Level 8
@Turnro When I played the campaign on normal the spirit link didn't affect but on Hard it does
But like I said maybe there is something wrong in my version considering that no one encountered this before
I tried playing chapter 2 where we fight against Kath'remar on Hard but couldn't defeat him lol he is just too strong
if anyone has a certain strategy to defeat him and other bosses on higher difficulties please inform me.
I waited to use that health thing that spawns until my warriors got low health. I try to use my druid (bear form) as tanks but I transform them to druids when I need their heals. I think my major way of killing Kathranis on hard was keeping my bears alive, and keep alive my archer to because piercing hit hardest i think it was on heroes. When it comes to thos highborne groups that spawn, i used that ability that reduce (dont remember the name but you figure it out) by 25% damage from the enemy. And then use that healing wave ability that furion has on button Q if your group aswell has low health you will benefit on that.

Hey Morris I strugled bit to avoid the fire sircles first but I began to put Furion and the bears close together but the archer and sentries on the move all the time. Btw find that blue item which gives you 100 mana (It isnt so faar from where you enter to the boss fight) you gonna need it a lot in this fight. Try to summon treants often (cost 75 mana), only use them against Khatranis and Arcane Guardians.

Try do this a few times, I did make it in the end. Before you start this trick, search in the beginning everywhere for powerups and other items, use buttons Q W E R instead of clicking on them with the mouse. Anyways kill all the minions first in the boss fight, always healers. Also, I think some units might put the healing that the bears cast can steal that spell to Kathranis. Not sure if its the sorceress but I think so.

1.Keep your bears alive.
2.use your healing cearfully.
3.Read on your abilities and damage types and armor weakneses.
4.When fire sricles is appearing... Move your units fast away.
5.Kill Highborne minions fast (Healers) then (Archer) then Arcane Guards and Guardians.
I have seen sometimes that Kathranis for soem reason pick to kill Archers first it could be because they are either easy to kill for him or that they damage him first. but try to keep them alive, they are usefull to kill healers (clerics). Good luck

Level 31
Hey guys! Many of you are aware I'm in the development of Chapter 6 for the Highborne story titled "A World Transformed". As the title suggests, Kalimdor has forever changed after the catastrophic events that have taken place so far in the story. I know there are some people who read this forum who have yet to play the campaign, so I won't give many spoilers.

Chapter 6 will also include a bonus map: a map you can travel back and forth to like in Rexxar's campaign. I have recently finished this map, which is called "Remnants of the Ancients". Enjoy the screenshots of this new map below :)

full

full

Level 9
this is great!
the custom ancient unit looks great
I always wanted to play this race
good job Turnro

Level 4
This is gonna be fun. Even tho Malfurion is on the "Dark Side with good intentions" he still commands corrupted elves. Can you give an approximate release date for the next update Turnro??

Level 31
This is gonna be fun. Even tho Malfurion is on the "Dark Side with good intentions" he still commands corrupted elves. Can you give an approximate release date for the next update Turnro??

It's currently too early to give an approximate date for the next update. I expect it will take a couple of months yet, but I'll give a date closer to the time.

Custom corrupted treant race? Count me in!

So are those treants only or with satyrs?

Only treants for the time being.

Level 15
I would suggest you to change that worker golem unit for Highborne with something more fitting. Blood Elven design doesn't fit, at all!

Can we expect to see tech-tree for Corrupted Ancients (Highborne style)?

Level 31
Nice to see the corrupted elves appear in the Highborne story, what is the ability that Poison Treant have in the first screenshot?

Entangling Roots.

I would suggest you to change that worker golem unit for Highborne with something more fitting. Blood Elven design doesn't fit, at all!

Can we expect to see tech-tree for Corrupted Ancients (Highborne style)?

The corrupted ancients are only for an optional quest, so I don't think there is any point in doing one for them.

omg Malfurion :v hey so Karth´ranis WAsted? and Highborne Wasted too?

All will be revealed in due time :)

Level 4
I agree with MogulKahn..... I dunno why i never suggested it but maybe because i only use an all golem army however it does need to be changed. Perhaps changing some of the colors on its model to match the Highborne color theme.

Level 3
hey Turnro i found a bug In chapter 3 sentinel story: In the dialogues of the boss of the magician of the kirin'tor (I do not remember his name) his name is changed to Fereld this happened to me when the boss released his last interaction of the dialogue.

well me for example Knowing that the boss in normal are very potent I assume that the same bosses in the highest difficulties Could not be defeated easily, And I always apply the same strategy to all custom campaigns.

1. I make sure to explore all the contents of the map in case there is any secret object or secret places with the intention of increasing the power to the heroes as much as possible, ie, heroes gain more value as Seek the indicated and more powerful Objects to increase the probability of victory before the difilucitudes of the game.

2. Not always the combination of only powerful items is always victory, if your hero has powers that go according to build as agility, intelligence or strength always seeks, who should be the one who absorbs the damage, the hero who does more DPS, healing and Magical damage.

3. If you think that there is a possibility of secret objects and places, use "iseedeadpeople" of course before finishing the map xD because if at least for me you ruin the gameplay value of the personalized campaign and emotion that wants to leave the creator.

4. Save match constantly.

5. Just before the fight against the boss, if possible as it is against Kath'Ranis for the most useful objects in your hero against the boss to make the largest possible counter pick and find the objects you left behind and place them so that the You can leave in the boss area so they can help you during the course against the boss.

Good Luck dude :D.

Last edited:
Level 31
Hey guys! As I'm working towards completing Chapter 6, I have also made some new spell changes to the Highborne.

Power Discharge
full
A new ability for Arcane Golems, which deals 70 damage to all nearby enemy land units, as well as slowing their movement and attack speed by 25% for a short time.
Arcane Arrows
full
The Royal Archer's Cold Arrows ability has been replaced with Arcane Arrows, which adds 8 bonus damage to each attack. This means Royal Archers can no longer slow enemy units, but the damage increase more than makes up for it.
Mass Heal
full
The Cleric's Heal ability has been replaced with Mass Heal, which replenishes 10 hit points to all nearby friendly units. The Violet Sanctum (town hall) used to possess this ability, but it has instead been given to the Cleric to make their spells a little more unique from the Human Priest.
Frost Shield
full
Recently, I announced that Guardians would have a new upgrade called Combat Mastery. This ability has now been replaced with Frost Shield, which adds 5 armor to a friendly unit and slows the attack and movement speed of enemy melee units that attack it. This allows Guardians to transition to more of a support unit at tier-3, just like the Sentry unit does for the Sentinels.

Feel free to let me know what you guys think of these changes.

Level 4
Turnro did you move the Arcane Golem from that Town Hall building to something else??? Cool, even tho the archers don't slow anymore, at least the Golems make up for it. However Turnro, can you make the Frost Shield also slow ranged units attacking the one affected for maybe half or 1/4 the value??

Level 31
Turnro did you move the Arcane Golem from that Town Hall building to something else??? Cool, even tho the archers don't slow anymore, at least the Golems make up for it. However Turnro, can you make the Frost Shield also slow ranged units attacking the one affected for maybe half or 1/4 the value??

What is your reason for suggesting to move Arcane Golems? I don't know if it is possible to make Frost Shield affect ranged units in WE, but I think it is fine as it is for the moment.

Level 4
My reason is because upgrading the Town Hall building takes too long. Especially now that the Golems have an ability that can be used in combat, I think it should be moved otherwise we would have a hard time attacking or defending without the Golems.

Level 4
Normally I don't get guardians unless the Town Hall building is under construction. I really don't use them because their hp is only 400 and their attack damage is not that high. My regular army is just 2 of the healer sorcerers then maybe 5-10 archers and the rest are Arcane Golems.

Level 8
Hey guys! Many of you are aware I'm in the development of Chapter 6 for the Highborne story titled "A World Transformed". As the title suggests, Kalimdor has forever changed after the catastrophic events that have taken place so far in the story. I know there are some people who read this forum who have yet to play the campaign, so I won't give many spoilers.

Chapter 6 will also include a bonus map: a map you can travel back and forth to like in Rexxar's campaign. I have recently finished this map, which is called "Remnants of the Ancients". Enjoy the screenshots of this new map below :)

full

full

Hey Turno, it looks amasing, I just wanna know if those corrupted treants will be some sort of side ally as if we can control both Highborne base and corrupted treants base?
And I like what you have done to the terrain from the screenshot, but actually I got a suggestion, when it comes to the look around the screen
could you give it a combo of corrupted nature and arcane look. Since we are for sure now the enemy of the Sentinels lol.

I notice that those treants that have a eagle face, have resistance for magic icon ability, is it that they can work as a tank ?

And can you tell something about how we get these corrupted treants as allies.

Level 31
Hey Turno, it looks amasing, I just wanna know if those corrupted treants will be some sort of side ally as if we can control both Highborne base and corrupted treants base?
And I like what you have done to the terrain from the screenshot, but actually I got a suggestion, when it comes to the look around the screen
could you give it a combo of corrupted nature and arcane look. Since we are for sure now the enemy of the Sentinels lol.

I notice that those treants that have a eagle face, have resistance for magic icon ability, is it that they can work as a tank ?

And can you tell something about how we get these corrupted treants as allies.

The corrupted treants are in a bonus map you can play, so it doesn't have much affect on the main story. I am no artist, but I will keep your suggestion in mind about changing the UI for the Highborne.

Level 5
First of all I wanted to say that I love all of your works. They are amazing. And so intresting in playing. Keep it up man!
Second of all. I wanted to ask when will we get another missions to try :), and how to jump from misssion one to furthers without gaming through them. I've already played the first three like 5 times and untill you will finish all I dont want to take them again XDD. So is there an option to jump? And dont decrease gameplay level on hard. IT suppose to be hard XDD. In one exception maybe. Mission three XDD. Anyway, best of luck in finishing it. And hope to play more of your campaigns :)

Level 31
First of all I wanted to say that I love all of your works. They are amazing. And so intresting in playing. Keep it up man!
Second of all. I wanted to ask when will we get another missions to try :), and how to jump from misssion one to furthers without gaming through them. I've already played the first three like 5 times and untill you will finish all I dont want to take them again XDD. So is there an option to jump? And dont decrease gameplay level on hard. IT suppose to be hard XDD. In one exception maybe. Mission three XDD. Anyway, best of luck in finishing it. And hope to play more of your campaigns :)

Thanks Mavcik :) At the moment, there are cheat codes you can type in Chapter 1 that will automatically skip to the newest maps and unlock the previous ones. I'm currently revising this method for the next update, but regardless there will be a way to resume your progress.

As for the next update, it will be ready soon. I have 4 of the 5 maps I want done and am working to finish the final one. I will post more about this later in the week when I am ready ;)

Level 1
You have my thanks for creating such interesting campaign series. If I my ask, when next map from sentinel storyline will be brought to us?

Level 31
Hey guys! This is just a quick post to let you all know the next update for Malfurion's Quest is expected to be ready by 31st March 2017. Here's what the patch will bring:

5 NEW MAPS
Interlude - The Legion's Return (Sentinel)
Interlude - Realm of the Demigod (Highborne)
Chapter 6 - Cave of Shadows (Sentinel)
Chapter 6 - A World Transformed (Highborne)
Chapter 6 Bonus - Remnants of the Ancients (Highborne)

LOADS OF CHANGES TO THE HIGHBORNE
The Highborne are now more polished, giving them a more balanced and unique style of play. This includes changes to spells, units, buildings and more!

NEW FEATURE: BACKPACK ABILITY

BUG FIXES, GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS, AND MUCH MORE