• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

making Unit face angle instantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I want to make a unit instantly face an angle.

This trigger seems to slowly rotate them:

• Custom script: call SetUnitFacing(GetTriggerUnit(), 180.00)
I tried the regular UI actions as well, and they all slowly move it even when I set the speed to 0.

Level 20
I doubt there's no action that orders the unit to face a desired angle INSTANTLY except from creating a unit with initial facing angle. It will face an angle with a speed depends on turning rate of the unit.

This is the most common method--a modified model along with moving the bone towards a direction:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=105830

It works particularly well for missiles. If you need it for arbitrary models, then I don't believe there is a solution without some weird hackery or replacing the unit. You can try looking into impale or cyclone if it is just for a visual effect, but I haven't looked into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.