• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MadseNs Cinimatic Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Greetings !

This is a Project I started the 20th October, It's inspired from Phoenix_VII Cinematic Tri-X, but this will be my own version.

The Cinematic will have no story at all, it will only feature Terrains made by me. I will post some pictures as the cinematic take shape.

All comments, tips and crits is welcome!

Notice, all terrains are WIP and my change over time.
  1. Inside a Dark Temple.
  2. The Floating Island.
  3. Snowy Mountain, Still early WIP done in 25 min.
  4. Snowy Cave Entrance, removed the mountain, didn't turn out as i wanted and replaced it with this instead. Done in 15 min, Camera will actually go inside it and down the stairs and fade. It's still a WIP, but any suggestions for improvement is welcome tho.
  5. Ice Temple, More details will be added to the front gate at a later moment
  6. Ice Temple tower, still WIP more details will be added later, basic shape done atm.
  7. This shot was taken was taken accidently, but it looks kinda cool in some way.

/MadseN

Attachments

• Tempel Scen 3.jpg
    Tempel Scen 3.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 542
  • Sky Scen 1.jpg
    Sky Scen 1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 500
  • Mountain WIP.jpg
    Mountain WIP.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 508
  • Cave Wip 2.jpg
    Cave Wip 2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 510
  • Ice Tempel WIP 1.jpg
    Ice Tempel WIP 1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 387
  • Ice Tempel WIP 2.jpg
    Ice Tempel WIP 2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 386
  • Ice Tempel WIP 3.jpg
    Ice Tempel WIP 3.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Level 25
I'd have to say you're awesome at making stranded islands, cities, and well pretty much everything. I've never seen any lava, snow, or desert terrains by you though. Maybe you can show us some in your cinematic! :grin:

BTW: What is your cinematic about? And what genre?
~Craka_J

Level 9
I'm working with the Snow Mountain Scen atm, might be done with it this evening. The Underground lava scen will be made at a later date.

Also, I will try to add as many tile sets as possible in the cinematic. So atm im making one scen each day so at this pace the cinematic will be done in about a month.

/MadseN

Looks okay? its beautiful .. very original terrains in it..

No need to over-exadurate just because the work of MadseN is usually of very high quality. The first screenshot is not something spectacular, it is above average, has a great atmosphere and certainly looks really good, but it's not something that causes any wauw effect like so many of his other pieces. It is after all just a nearly empty dark room with a strong light coming in.

Last edited by a moderator:

2-P

2-P

Level 8
Doodads have close to no effect as long as they're not in the current camera view.

Why is the statue in the 2nd shot so dark? That doesn't fit to the rest of the terrain imo.
But I bet it looks great in motion. ^^

Level 27
No need to over-exadurate just because the work of MadseN is usually of very high quality. The first screenshot is not something spectacular, it is above average, has a great atmosphere and certainly looks really good, but it's not something that causes any wauw effect like so many of his other pieces. It is after all just a nearly empty dark room with a strong light coming in.

But still the atmosphere splats of the screen for a War3 creation. It rly makes the feeling you're in a temple watching the ouside light and just little dirt and ruble lieing around (What i think is realistic) and the light is so bright because you could've wandered in darkness for so long. And the second just looks like something of eh.. yeah something fantasy thingy.. the whole thing being in the clouds also convices me ..

Level 34
The mountain has a strong atmosphere which is good. It's not near good enough for you though, but I look forward to the finished product.

Level 9
Uploaded the tile here, just import it and replace the text to TerrainArt\Dalaran\Dalaran_SquareTiles.blp

Anway, i need someone that could help me to add more tiles to the map, because my weu enchancer won't work..

/MadseN

Attachments

• Dalaran_SquareTiles.blp
    3.8 KB · Views: 125
Level 34
Whoa, that must have taken a little while. I think the WE should let you paste in the air so you don't have to pg up all the doodads.

Level 25
The tower is cool but its surroundings are very plain. The tower can also use a lot more decoration such as blue flags or torches. I bet it'll look a lot better once you've added door(s) and windows to the tower though. :grin: Can't wait!
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.