• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Journeys of a Lost Soul - The Lone Footman * Chapter 2 *

What do you think of my new terrain?

• Brilliant, a work of art!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Almost perfect.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • It's pretty good.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • It's not too bad.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It's definitely lacking a lot.

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello Hive Workshop!

After months and months of very depressing Real life, I would like to submit the work I have managed to do on my cinematic series - in this case, my terrain for The Lone Footman Part 2.

Just so you know, ALL are still WIP, I'm uploading them here so you can give me some critique, I would like to improve on them all.
Basically, just so you know the buildup of this, it's a cinematic terrain, in which a camera moves through a very long, linear level.

I've put an enermous amount of hours into this, trying to get as much detail is possible into as small a space as possible.
So far, I have a doodad count of over 6000, with the map size at only 96 x 124.

In order of appearance -
Room 1 - the Main Hall
Room 2 - the Hall of Time
Room 3 - The Pits of E'Onnor
Room 4 - The Hall of Reckoning
Room 5 - The Antechamber

And after that, a jungle like level, which appears before the temple, but is still in it's early stages. And yes, some of the models are not ingame, they are custom made by me for the cinematic. Be advised, that for the Third picture ( Pits of E'Onnor) the room still needs a ceiling, so you know why it looks weird up top ;D

Jungle - 1
Jungle - 2
Jungle - 3 Temple Entrance

The FOREST / OUTDOOR AREA is still UNDER CONSTRUCTION, and therefore still needs a lot of work. The last screenshot has the most work that still needs to be done, such as more vegetation on the temple, tile variation etc.
Critique would be very much appreciated, I need to get these perfect!

Attachments

• Temple - Room 1.jpg
    Temple - Room 1.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Temple - Room 2.jpg
    Temple - Room 2.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 211
  • Temple - Room 3.jpg
    Temple - Room 3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 214
  • Temple - Room 4.jpg
    Temple - Room 4.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Temple - Room 5.jpg
    Temple - Room 5.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Temple - Room 5(2).jpg
    Temple - Room 5(2).jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Forest - 1.jpg
    Forest - 1.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Forest - 2.jpg
    Forest - 2.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 167
  • Forest - 3.jpg
    Forest - 3.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Level 7
the last pic is the weakest. the path just sucks and the wall has little variation. plus the rocks on the right side need to be pushed back into the wall... other then that.

LOOKS SOOO GOODD!!!!! i cant wait for it!

Level 12

As the description said, the last pics need a lot of work, as I just started on them. I'm not happy about the temple yet, but trust me, there is variation in there, you just can't tell from the distance of the screenshot ^^

All the terrain in front of the temple hasn't been touched yet btw, I'm not sure if i should put an open plain or more forest along there...

Part 1 is somewhere in the maps section of thise site, but please don't watch it, as I' m hopefully gonna remake it anyway, and release it together with part 2. Long way to go till then though :/

Level 10
Ok I won't download it then. Yeah I agree with greatsmite, make it covered with vegetation, but in my opinion there shouldn't be so much trees, mostly plants. If the area is covered with too much trees, the temple entrance won't stand out as much wich it should.

Level 10
Looks great! One suggestion: Make a waterfall or something with water inside the temple.... maybe water flowing off the side of a wall that's going across the floor or something?:mwahaha:

Level 24
Well they all look great, except for the last one. The temple entrance you've made looks great, but I don't really like the cliffs, the way you have got the rocks tilted, and also the center of the terrain is way to flat, the path needs to be a bit bigger possibly and needs some more variation. Also it defiantly needs some more doodads, like just some rocks and stuff, some trees, some grass, etc.

Level 12
Thanks again :)
I'll try and get more doodad variation for the trees, it's just a little difficult because the other palm doodads don't really fit the ones I'm using now, and there are always only those two... :/

I'll do my best with that different tile though, thank you!
And about the terrain in front of the temple, as I said before, hasn't been touched yet, I just made the path and then left it while I worked on the temple. I'll put an updated vers. soon.

The rocks, well I'll see about them, I think they looked better when I had them not rolling and turning with the terrain, so I'll reset that and see how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.