• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

M4stah's Item Set System V2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
BIG UPDATE
IMPORTANT:You MUST download patch 1.24 from westfall server to use this sytem

The system is now 100% leakless and MUI with just GUI actions, no extra programs.
There is a cooldown abuse at the moment, but you can use reset all cooldowns if its really important

When importing, please copy the items from the demo map, and BEFORE you import the triggers, go to File->Preferances->Turn of automaticly generate unknown variabled.
Please give credit when used

The old version(Which is MPI) can be foudn in the first post. It does NOT require 1.24

Keywords:
Item, Item set, Item Set System, Item System, M4stah, M4stah's Item Set System
Contents

M4stah's item system (Map)

Reviews
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 19:11, 11th Jun 2015 Re-moderated BPower: I can't exlpain why it was approved in the first place. The system is not working and should not be used. 20:32, 7th Jun 2009 hvo-busterkomo: I'd like...

M

IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

19:11, 11th Jun 2015
Re-moderated
BPower: I can't exlpain why it was approved in the first place.
The system is not working and should not be used.

20:32, 7th Jun 2009
hvo-busterkomo: I'd like you to provide a better description of your spell. Users should be able to know exactly what the system performs. And no, an 'item set system' is not good enough.

Edit: This could be useful. The comparison of strings was an interesting setup, and allows for configuration without the use of arrays.

Level 31
Wait min are 0.27 no matter how low you set it. Also, using loop index A are rather bad cause they are known to have cause bug/glitch.

With wait action as well, if there is any spells or trigger files use a loop index A. It would cause this system and the trigger files to be bugged.

This are rather weak item system since it was limited to 1 hero per player.

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Wow

Wait Downloading .......................................

The system contains WAITS ... = BAD ... also MPI for item systems such like for i don't know ORPGS .. WOW. .. something ... must be used by more than 1 hero per player ........

I can only say that this system is weak and have BUGS....

Bugs = For loop integer A u should not use it when it is not instant and have waits... also u should not use it at all... it can coz a rare bug in blizzard avoid it :)

3/5 ... weak .... 2/5 .... Mpi 1/5 just kidding 2/5 :wink:\

Still update it make it Better ......... +REP :confused: so confused coz why i'm giving u REP ... u just got 2/5 :con:

Last edited:

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Review

Idea/Creativity : 3.5/10
Trigering/Scripting : 5/10
Balance/ In game display : 5/10
Description/Originality : 3/10
Efficiency : 8/10
User Friendly : 3/10

Is Multi Instanceable : [YA]

Final Rating : 27.5

Rating System
0 - 15 = SHIT
16 - 25 = Unacceptable
26 - 35 = Lacking
36 - 45 = Useful
46 - 55 = Recommended - Highly Recommended
56 - 60 = EPIC *Highly Recommended *

My View of the spell.
Simple system don't like it much u need like 10000 trigers to make it on more abilities

How to improve : Well make it BETTER

Level 4
Well for each ability u have to have 2 trigers thus making it inefficient and Especially in ORPGS and those kind of games... like 1000 ability = 2000 Triger... Still nice :p
There is 1 thing
You cant realy do a 1 trigger system, the way it is made it use 2 even action
On loot and On drop
Which make it impossible to make it mui as 1 trigger.
Even 2 trigger is already good!

Level 8
My Rating: 3/5

Pros:

Very easy to modify number of items needed, and the spell gained.
Works for all players, not just player one
Leakless
Very easy to copy and paste into your own map

Cons:

Players can easily drop, then pick up the item(s) to reset the cooldown. I don't think there is a way around this, but because of it, takes away -2 for the rating. I was looking forward to it, then noticed that. I don't think there is a way to, but it would be great if when you picked it up, the ability would set it's cooldown to the beginning. (I don't know, but there might be a way to do it in JASS, i'm pretty sure you cant in GUI.) Fix that, and this is easily 5/5.

Recommended for: Until the cooldown bug can be fixed or if it can, this is recommended for any game type, but should be used only for passive things such as Critical Strike, Dodge, etc.

Recommendation as of V1.1: Approved

Last edited:
Level 13
Nice system but it works only for 1 Hero.
I tried with 2 Heroes and added my own actions.

But it's still usefull.

This doesn't even work, how did it get approved? Try picking up light sword then death sword, that is kind of enough proof...

By the way to fix cooldown bugs, instead of removing it. Disable it then when picking it back up do a if check to see if the ability is there or not and either add it or re-enable it.

I am unaware of any ability limits to a unit besides the 5 hero abilities for heroes.