• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lucid Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Just started trying to lucid dream myself.
Found all the information i needed here, might wanna check it out: LD4all.com

I must say i find this extremly fascinating, because rarely ever dream at all or rather should i say i dont remember any of my dreams.
So last night i tried to think to myself to remember my dream before falling asleep and as soon as i woke up, waddaya know i actually did and i wrote it down.
The reason for writing it down is because the same dreamthemes are often recurring, meaning if i dream the same dream again i can tell if its a dream.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
One night ago I don't quite remember what I was dreaming, but I know that I realized it was a dream and -- this always happens when I realize I'm in a dream :hohum: -- I got kicked out. I remember feeling really heavy and I thought I'd manage to stay in the dream, but I slowly began to feel lighter. I don't know how long this lasted, but I know that, after a while, I realized I was awake and simply had my eyes closed.

But the coolest thing happened to me this night! I dreamed that I had woken up!
I was having a regular dream. I was hiding from someone, but this place where I was laying down produced this metallic noise... I wonder if it was a sound from the real world. Anyway, at that point I realized it was a dream and, since I often wake up when I realize it's a dream, I thought I'd be waking up the next second. And I... sort of did. I saw the upper part of my room (roof?) for what I can remember being a very short while, and I reached for my pillow, but my hand felt so heavy. It didn't feel very real, so I thought: «Wait, am I still in a dream?», and this time I got tossed out for real xD but it was an extremely fun and interesting experience!
But guess what? My hand was actually holding the pillow!

I think I actually realize I'm dreaming in a lot of dreams. I can't really remember what (or even if) I dreamed, but it would explain why I wake up so many times during the night.

Level 24
It seems its hard awake the conciousness without getting too excited and waking up.

Think im gonna try this method out, but seems a bit risky :D
Drink a lot:
Before going to bed, drink some glasses of water.
Now you will have to go to the bathroom somewhere in the middle of the night..

Lie down, close your eyes and concentrate. Tell yourself that whenever you are in a bathroom or looking for one you are dreaming.

Almost definately you will have a dream in which you want to go to the bathroom or are in one. Now you can become lucid!

Unfortunately, nature keeps calling, and eventually you'll wake up. But at least you where lucid...
warning: It can appear so real that you may wet your bed...

Level 13
Bad idea, Nudl. You've a larger chance to wet your bed than have a lucid dream that way.

Heck, you wet your bed after such dreams even if they aren't lucid.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Whether or not you have to pee badly, if you have a dream in which you take a piss, you actually take a piss. >_>

The funny thing is that the same thing happens when.. wait, this is inappropriate for this forum.

Kind of interesting for me to see all these complicated methods of achieving lucid dreams, while my only problem is falling asleep.

a PILD (piss induced lucid dream) is apparently quite effective since you WILL wake up, your body/mind have this kind of check that you're not dreaming/sleep paralyzed anymore and wake you up (or something along those lines)
interestingly enough, the only place in a dream where you could go to the toilet, which is a pretty major bedwetter cause, is a false awakening, which is also a pretty good place for lucid dreams to start.
you believe you awake, and just do your morning routine. sometimes, you write down your dreams (if you do that), and then wake up and do it again. of course it can go pretty overboard and get to a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream (lots of possibilities really)

@twistedimage - the lucid dreams are a lot better than fantasizing unless your imagination is godlike (even then, it will be much better in the dream). in the dream, your fantasies are the realities.
beyond that, not only can you lucidly fuck around in the lucid dreams, but you can also, for example, talk to your subconscious. (though its not recommended, some people say that talking to your subconscious is fine, while others say that it'll scare you like hell even if you don't ask what your biggest fear. doing that will most definitely scare you to shit)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm still wondering how I managed to actually move my hand if I was still dreaming. I'm not a sleepwalker; of that, I am sure. But I still managed to move my hand. Shouldn't I be paralyzed?
And no, I wasn't awake. You cannot always tell what's reality if you're dreaming, but when you wake up, you can, and I was definitely still dreaming.

Level 13
@twistedimage - the lucid dreams are a lot better than fantasizing unless your imagination is godlike (even then, it will be much better in the dream). in the dream, your fantasies are the realities.
beyond that, not only can you lucidly fuck around in the lucid dreams, but you can also, for example, talk to your subconscious. (though its not recommended, some people say that talking to your subconscious is fine, while others say that it'll scare you like hell even if you don't ask what your biggest fear. doing that will most definitely scare you to shit)

I must have a godlike imagination.

Also, talking to your subconscious? That statement has a huge BS factor; the subconscious is made up of parts of your brain you do not control. Thus I doubt that the subconscious has the ability to speak or think.

when i first started to build up dream recall/attempt lucid dreaming, i read a thread about a guy asking his subconscious what his biggest fear was. i read about 5 sentences and thought, "what the FUCK is this guy on about". it is pretty incredulous to be honest.
but it is quite completely true. you can talk to your subconscious mind. while i have not had the pleasure of talking to it directly, it did give me some passing advice in my most recent lucid dream, which actually worked quite well too.
it's probably not as often that you talk directly to your subconscious mind, but rather to parts of it, or main parts of it, and often not even directly. for example, your dream figures could be parts of your subconscious.
but i can assure you its quite possible

Level 22
I've had lucid dreams my whole life. Never had a non-lucid dream. I thought this was how everyone dreamed until a year ago when I heard about lucid dreams and found out it was rare.

I'm unsure about the subconscious thingy, but it's often that I solve problems easily when I dream. If I'm having trouble with f.ex. some spell or system I can find solutions in my dream easily. It's not always I manage to solve stuff, but I've solved many problems in my sleep. When I sleep I can feel everything that happens, so if I fall I actually feel pain, not as much as it would normally be, but I feel the impact and all that.

It's rare that I wake up from it though, but I have woken up once. Kinda funny actually, I dreamed that a nuke went off and I was standing inside a house and saw the shockwave coming and it tore down all the trees and house., Then suddenly I feel this really swift and weird feeling rush through my body as the shockwave hits and then I wake up. This wasn't like a lucid nightmare thing. I thought about the nuke while dreaming and then it happened :D

Level 10
I experienced a hallucination once when I was 6 I think. That was some scary shit. Everyone laughs at me when I tell them and it doesn't surprise me because it really doesn't sound scary.

I was laying in my bed staring at a wardrobe in front of me, and suddenly the door opened and my sister's barbie car (laughing time. Actually I don't think it matters what object it is, it's how it behaves) flew out of the wardrobe. It made a really loud siren sound and hovered up and down as it came closer, but then it turned around and went back into the wardrobe again. Then I could move again.

That event really made me fear darkness and silence when I'm alone...
I dreamed a lot of nightmares when I was younger, and then one night I decided I've had enough of it so I thought to myself that the next time I dream I'm gonna do everything I can to wake up. So then when I was dreaming one night, I remember I was standing in front of a pitch black road and I really felt that something scary was going to jump out of there, and somehow I could remember what I wanted to do before so I started thinking "wake up!" and then I did, saving me from whatever horrors that lurked inside the forest.

I've had some moments where I had been able to control some parts of my dreams but I can't remember any of them now. Lucid dreaming is very interesting anyway, and I want to experience more of it.

Level 7
Huh? I've always been able to control what I do in my dream.
For me to tell if it's a dream I just look for anything super-natural or abnormal.
Once I have confirmed that I'm dreaming, I go on a rape spree.
Woops I shouldn't of said that :razz:

Level 10
I dreamt once that I was walking at night in a dark and peopleless city, and I knew I was dreaming, and I started thinking at a zombie then I said: Stop thinking at that or it will appear, then I started thinking at an orc coming from the next block to help me, but It didn't appeared so I said: Why the heck good things are not coming when you need them.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Wow, constant lucid dreamers are rare and yet we happen to stamp our faces upon a website full of them. :eekani: I find it a little hard to believe the people who said they always lucid dream, sorry. :bored:

Anyway, this night I became lucid again for a few moments... again. And the most stupid thing happened, again. Even though it was also slightly interesting.
I think I remember my dreams when I sleep for long nights; I went to sleep very early yesterday.
I woke up during the night twice and went back to sleep again. After that, I have two dreams I remember. So I was on what seemed like a vacation with two people I didn't even know. One of those people entered a wooden (I'm not sure if it was wooden, seemed like it) house while me and that other person were standing in the hall. We went to sit on a couch. Those two people sit, I was standing up, and I realized I was dreaming. I tried to maintain control, I remember taking a deep breath (I think I smiled too? =P).
...Then, after what seemed like 2 to 4 seconds of me standing there, a stupid thing happens: my clock's awakener rang (I set it to do so at 7:00 AM). Then, I don't remember if it went all black again or not, and how long it lasted, but an «interval» occurred. I'm on vacation (again) but this time with different people (though this secondary dream didn't seem to last long). But I was no longer lucid. Next thing I know, I'm laying in bed and looking at my clock. 6:46 AM.
Yeah. The awakener was a trick of my subconscious to regain control. And it succeeded. I was so annoyed when I got up. Minus affection for me =S.

Does anyone know (Belgarath?) how to prevent this from happening?

P.S. -- I forgot to say: before going to sleep the first time (before I woke up) I imagined myself climbing stairs (with degrees/steps). I occasionally imagined myself reaching a plateau where the word «Lucid Dream» was written on the ground, before resuming the step climbing. I tried using the «keep saying to yourself that you're lucid dreaming» method, but it would keep me awake. Now that I think about it, perhaps it wasn't a very good strategy? =S

Last edited:
Level 13
^

I'd just tell myself something along the lines of "Fuck you, don't do that again." Since your subconscious is a part of yourself, talking to yourself to affect your subconscious actually works.

For me, at least. This is how I circumvented all of the silly things that woke me up when I finally achieved lucidity.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Twisted, I might try that next time, but it's hard to do something when I've got only a few seconds.

Just as a side info, I stayed in bed until 7 AM and heard my awakener ring; it was not set to a different time.

This is an interesting finding, though. It isn't me simply waking up, but my subconscious trying to regain control? I'd really like someone to explain this to me =S

Level 13
Hmm? I do it before going to sleep.

I've been confused about the subconscious plenty of times as well. I've learned to leave it to the neuroscientists, it's really fucking complicated. D;

Haha, what? Your own subconscious faked your alarm clock to get you back awake? Makes no sense, the only idea I'd have is that you start using reality checks constantly (if you do them enough, you'll eventually do them in your dream) or doing them as soon as you wake up (which would aid with a false awakening).
It's probable that you got too excited from becoming lucid, first time I did it, I kind of plunged out, in, out and back into the dream state, with the, er, 'dream rush' filling my ears with a lot of sound. Try reinforcing your control, rubbing your hands, doing reality checks, changing scenery, all that, to show yourself and your subconscious you ARE in control.

with reinforcing stuff to your subconscious, its pretty much like the MILD method of gaining a lucid dream - repeating a mnemonic or mantra to yourself, if you repeat this to yourself enough, you will be able to achieve it. this works with all sorts of things, if you repeat your mantra and then picture yourself doing it, it can often help quite a bit with whatever you're trying to do. for dream recall you can use something along the lines of "I will remember my dreams", or if you need something longer because you get sidetracked easily by thoughts, "I will awake from my dreams and remember them completely". for a mild, you can use something like "The next time I am dreaming, I will realize I am dreaming".
mild is a kind of dream incubation too, you tell yourself you'll dream about realizing you're awake - you know what i mean.

oh, didn't see the second part of that post.
usually attempting to use a WILD (that's the one where you can use stairs) as the first time when you go to sleep is advised against, because you'll drift off to sleep too easily, or not at all. it's advised after sleep or naps, i find it a good way to fall asleep actually. the stairs are simply meant to keep you awake while you drift off to the hypnagogic state, you'll go into a lucid dream without repeating any kind of mantra to yourself. also, it works better to climb down stairs and count them (at least for me).
MILDs (mantra induced) are (mainly) for when you're going to sleep, or going back to sleep during the night. you're probably staying awake because you're concentrating too hard on it, you need to relax for it to work - relax, for about 5 minutes or so, then repeat your mantra to yourself softly (in your thoughts though). If your thoughts drift off, pull them back, er, softly.

also for wilds try to keep your eyes focused on one place (not focused rather, its like day dreaming and then knowing you are doing it, hard to explain), so that the imagery can form and you can drift off to sleep. i find moving my eyes when it's forming comparable to ripping apart.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well, I was using WILD in the wrong situation then.
Also, my subconscious didn't try to awake me, it tried to «regain control» by making me think I had woken up from a lucid dream. After the fake alarm rang, a sort of «interval» happened, I don't know how long it lasted (right now, I'm not sure if it was there at all), but the next thing I know, I'm on a wooden house again with other people, but I was no longer aware I was dreaming then.

Level 3
OMG! I tried the walk up the stairs thing, and then i fell asleep (dont know how much passed since i started counting).
Anyways i appeared in this road, a normal road. And then i was like: "where the f**k am i?". When i looked around, a person that was behind me said: "Hey, why did you stop? Keep going!", and i:"what? who said that?"
i turned around and a friend of mine was behind me, then i looked forward and there were like 10 people in my front all going to the same place. I just followed them, then i realised it were some of my classmates. I was on a lucid dream. Eventualy we got to a pool and everyone took their clothes off, and they all had their swimsuits(i think its that) under the clothes. I took mine off too and figured out i was naked :hohum: . Then i ran off behind a bush and i was wishing so much to get a swimsuit to and it was there! Puff! came out of nowhere. After that i just started raping like almost all the girls there. Sorry about the long post i just wanted you to know how awesome my dream was!

Level 7
About the going stairs down i heard when i was reading on some website about Out of body experience , there was also about falling into an endless well and when the mind is ready you fall on a white platform and you should then wake up floating over your own body...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I've been quite frustrated the past few days because I don't remember my dreams, and obviously I don't remember if I went lucid either. I find myself having (more like remembering, as I explained in my previous posts) more lucid dreams ever since I began trying, but I'm not sure whether it's just an unconscious desire or the result of the techniques. I have this doubt because I never seem to be able to keep thinking «I will remember my dreams» and «I will be able to control them», and that sort of things.

Anyway, tonight I got (remembered?) another lucid dream, and this was the coolest so far, because I did not wake up so soon! I do not recall when I became aware that it was a dream. I just remember being lucid and walking through my school. I was on a classroom, and I saw my Maths teacher debating something (it wasn't a formal lesson) with a few students. I was so happy by the fact I remained asleep. I went from one classroom to another (probably by involuntary teleportation, because I don't remember walking =P maybe it just wasn't exciting enough for me to remember doing that).
I'm not sure how long these moments lasted. When I woke up (eventually <.< and it was the middle of the night), I had the feeling that they had lasted relatively VERY long, but now I don't know...
Anyway, while on the second classroom (I think it was the second) I thought of doing something to blow up the wall and see just how far I could go, but I didn't, for some reason. Maybe I wasn't able to or I just didn't try hard enough. I have the feeling it was the latter because I was so happy that I just stood there.
Then I found myself outside the classroom with more people there. Then I felt it was the time to try something new.
Is it possible to think inside a dream? I believe next I was on a beach in a very cloudy day (or thought of being there).
The one thing I'm sure is that I closed my eyes... I'm not sure if I did it on purpose anymore... and then... I couldn't open them. I felt like I'd be waking up. I started fearing I'd be waking up... And I have the feeling that that was when I did, though I don't remember accurately.

So... is closing your eyes a wrong action to take during a dream...?

Last edited:
closing your eyes should be just fine, if you feel that you're losing grip just rub your hands together or so. it should pull you back or re-establish your control.
you can think inside a dream of course. how do you think you do things in the lucid dreams?

with the dream remembrance, you're getting into the stage of conscious incompetence- you know that you're not that great at it. you'll get over it eventually, and realize you are good, and then become unconsciously competent - that good you don't actually really notice it. don't make a big deal about it, just keep dreaming and trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.