• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lucid Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I found something awesome. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream)

So lucid dream is just dream, but in lucid dream you know that you are dreaming, and you can control the dream (partly). Sounds impossible? Well, i haven't tried to see them yet, but it's NOT any kind of magic, you just gotta... well, cheat your brains.
And in lucid dream you can do many things, kill people (just do reality test before that), have s*x, fly...

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I honestly can't imagine having a non-lucid dream, sounds impossible to me. I've always had full control of my dreams.

I honestly can't imagine having a non-lucid dream, sounds impossible to me. I've always had full control of my dreams.

some people are gifted like that, the rest of us have to WORK FOR THIS SHIT man.

anyway, you're not tricking anything.
Your conscious is awake while you are in the state of REM sleep, and therefore dreaming. You can't just control your DREAM partly - you can control it COMPLETELY.
If you need to do a reality check before you kill people, you really should get yourself checked out. You're paralyzed while sleeping in REM state - if you're not, you're probably sleep walking :- ). Having sex's not a good idea because, unless you have EXTREME DISCIPLINE and all you're going to wake up.

Getting a lucid dream is possible through 2 main methods, you either, while dreaming, realize you are dreaming (usually through a reality check: pushing your tongue into your teeth, it'll go through, flipping light switches, light switches don't change the level of light in dreams, poking your finger through your hand, looking at digital watches or papers and then back again, they will probably have changed and with strange symbols), or keeping yourself awake, while your body goes to sleep. The first one's easier because it requires less mastery and all.

So basically, the first one would be classified as a MILD - a mnemonic induced lucid dreaming. A mnemonic is a phrase to state your intent, also known as a mantra. You simply repeat it to yourself while going to sleep (but don't stay awake because of that), for example, tell yourself that the next time you're dreaming you will realize you're dreaming, over and over again. Because of your INTENT, the chances of you doing it will increase quite a bit. You can also do this if you wake up at night and want to try again. This method is easier and less... requiring, and has almost no danger of a sleep paralysis period.

The second, more difficult, but better chance method, is called a WILD - a wake induced lucid dream. Your body goes to sleep while your conscious stays awake - and enters your dream. This method is much more difficult than a MILD, but has a much better chance of achieving one, and can be used after naps or after waking up. The simple method is to relax your body, then wait for it to go to sleep, while you stay awake (imagining yourself on a never-ending staircase, walking up, counting each step is a popular method). If you manage to go through the stages of sleeping, you will experience hypnagogic imagery, which might be anything, then sounds, which are likely to be added onto the imagery, then more imagery with no sound, and then you will be able to "enter your dreamscape" - some people have rocks that they focus on, others have black rooms with a door where they walk in. I had an elevator opening with a guy's face there - sort of like a painted, demonic face. Something else to realize your readiness is a state where your body seems to vibrate, and you simply... get up. In your dream body.

Now, as aforementioned - sleep paralysis. In your REM stage of sleeping, your body becomes paralyzed, to stop yourself from reinacting your dreams (if you don't have it, you get sleep walking). Because of the fact that you enter straight into REM sleep without really sleeping much during a WILD, you can, if you wake up too suddenly (from a big shock, for example) experience sleep paralysis. While I've never had the pleasure, you will experience hypnagogic imagery and sounds - realistic hallucinations, if you will. They can be extremely scary - just remember nothing is real. You won't be able to move, to get out of it, attempt to wiggle your toe. Then attempt to move your foot, and then, your whole body. If you can, you're out of it. If you can't move your toe or anything, just hang in there for about 10 minutes. It stops around then.

What can you do in your lucid dreams? ANYTHING. You can go to Pandora and be an avatar, you can become Arthas's best friend or a protoss. Whatever your fucked up mind desires, in the lucid dream, it will be. You can even talk to your subconscious, find out things about yourself, talk to your imagination, whatever. Just as long as you don't ask your subconscious what your biggest fear is: it will literally show it to you. Whatever you believe it may be, this will be IT. There's a good chance you could become depressed for a while.

Level 13
I had a lucid dream, as in I was completely aware that I was asleep and I was clearly thinking as I do in real life. However I DIDN't have total control. I couldn't fly, I couldn't change into a wizard, nothing. My "powers" were as limited as they are in real life. Best I could do was to speak with people and wait for me to wake up.

I had a lucid dream, as in I was completely aware that I was asleep and I was clearly thinking as I do in real life. However I DIDN't have total control. I couldn't fly, I couldn't change into a wizard, nothing. My "powers" were as limited as they are in real life. Best I could do was to speak with people and wait for me to wake up.

Sometimes you realize you're dreaming, but you're not lucid. You just know you're dreaming, but you need to give your conscious a kickstart, flick a light switch, find something weird. You can also go from lucid dreaming to this, if you ever get bored of it - set your scene and let the dream run its course.

Wow.. Well, anyway i just can't belive that someone can have lucid dreams every single damn night, because human usually has many dreams in one night..

You probably wouldn't remember them all, and very probably not all of them would be lucid. Your first stages of REM sleep are maybe 15 minutes long, so there's not much time for lucidity. But yeah, unless your dream recall is extremely good, you wouldn't remember them all.

Level 23
I never had a lucid dream, though I always wanted to.

I once understood that Im in a dream once and got full control of it, but seconds later I awakened. It looks like my mind has some sort of fail-safe protocol for that stuff.

Level 14
Same here, every time I realize I'm dreaming I wake up, kinda sucks.

Well if you people want to see these dreams, just search google for introductions.

Introductions for HILD (Hargart's Induced Lucid Dream), i have tried this, but i failed (my own fault).
(sorry for gigantic post..)

1. Go to sleep:
- You want to do this tech when you are the most tired. For some people, it's 3 hours after you have gone to sleep, for others, 5, or you can do it in the morning (harder)
- might help to tell your self to wake up after your dreams (Like in the MILD tech.).. haven’t tried this yet
- Try playing very soft music in the background when you go to sleep if you want to wake up during the REM state. Make sure it's very very soft, and has no beat/voice in it.

2. This is the hardest part of the technique. You need to get into a state where you are very tired, and feel like you could easily fall asleep. To achive this, you either have to wake up from a dream during the night, set an alarm clock for the time where you will be the most tired, or use the dream period in the morning.

2a. (Unreliable, but easy if you wake up) If you find that you have just woken up from a dream in the middle of the night or you set your alarm to wake you up, you should already feel very tired. Continue to step 3. (if not, just go back to sleep. You could try to relax, but I dont think it would work too well.)

2b. (most reliable) If you have set an alarm clock for 3, 5 or however many hours works best for you, you should wake up in a tired state. Try relaxing, and when you feel like your very close to sleep, contine to step 3. However, if you have woken up, and dont feel tired at all, I would go back to sleep.

2c. (hard and unreliable) If you have woken up in the morning, you might not feel very tired. (You might be relaxed, but you would find it hard to start sleeping agian.) To get into this "tired" state, you should go back to sleep. In about 30 mins (or more), you will wake up again. When you wake up this time (try not to move or open your eyes), try to relax as much as possible and see how tired you feel. (Be carefull you dont fall back to sleep) If you feel very tired, continue to step 3. Otherwise, go back to sleep, and try again when you wake up.

3. Relax. Once you think you are about to fall asleep again (You should already feel like this when you wake), you need to start moving part of your body, It should just be a very small movement, and it needs to be repetitive. I recommend using your fingers.
- What I do is this: Right now, imagine you are playing a piano with 2 fingers: your pointer and middle finger. Push one key down, lift it back up and at the same time, press the other finger down. Just keep going back and forth between the fingers. I have my hand under my pillow when i did this, but Im sure it would work anywhere. Just make sure the movement is very small, and takes very little energy to perform it. (I was just doing this on my right hand)
- Another Note: When you are moving you fingers, don’t try to visualize anything, just think to you self that you will do this for 10-30 secs, and then check to see if it's a dream.
- Also, do not tell your self all the actions you are going to do, and do not "count" while you do this tech... Just say to your self, you will do a RC in 10-30 secs, and then just lay there, moving you fingers.
- Try to focus on the movement, and just try to relax.
- Do not focus on trying to fall asleep (it will keep you awake). Keep focus on your fingers, do not let your mind wander.

4. Once you start the motion, try to relax (as much as you can, but don’t force it. Dont "try" to fall asleep) and wait about 10-30 seconds (keep your fingers moving). During this short time, tell your self that you will wait about 10-30 secs, and then you will check to see if you are in a dream. (Don’t count in your head) Once the 10-20 secs have passed, do a nose RC (Where you pinch your nose closed, and try to breath in.. If you can, you are in a dream). If the RC fails, just try to go to sleep normally for a few mins (no motion or RCs), and try the tech one more time. If it fails again, go to sleep, and try again later that morning. If it works it should only take 10-30 secs. Do not lay there doing a RC every 30 secs over and over, it will just wake you up even more.
- The first time I did this, I thought that It wasn’t going to work. After the 10-30 secs, I still was sure that I was still trying to fall asleep, with my fingers moving. However, when I did a RC, I realized it was a dream. I thought to my self "wow, I’m in a LD, I guess it does work"
- On 7-4-04, I found that whenever I started to dream, I had a tingly sensation all over my body.

5. If the nose RC works, try to get out of bed...
- I found that in the morning, when I tried to get out of bed in the dream, I would wake up immediately when I tried to move. If this happens to you, you should try this: once you realize that you are dreaming from the nose RC, keep your eyes closed, and keep pinching your nose. Continue to breath through your nose. Wait about 10-30 secs, and then try to visualize your room in your head (like your looking at it thru your closed eyes). The image should slowly come to you, and once it has, get out of bed, and you shouldn’t wake up from the movement.

NOTE: When this works successfully, the real world (where you were moving you fingers) will be transitioned into the dream world (You will dream that you are still moving your fingers, and trying to relax).

Some people are telling me that they are trying to move their fingers, and then do a RC every 30 secs.. That's not what you should do. If the 1st RC fails, stop the finger movement, and RCs, and try to relax for a few mins, then, try the tech once more. If it fails again, go to sleep, and try again later that morning. Hope that helps

Things to try: Instead of waiting only 10-30 secs, see what happens if you wait more like 1-5 mins. (When I discovered this tech. I kept waking up from what I thought was the real world, and realizing that it was entirely a dream.. So I tried again, and told my self to wait a few secs, and then do a RC.. and it worked). I think that it is either going to work, or it's not going to work, do not lay there for 20 mins moving your fingers. If it doesn’t work, go back to sleep, or try relaxing for another few mins.

EDIT: And credits to finnish lucid dream site, Höyhensaaret.

Level 13
Sometimes you realize you're dreaming, but you're not lucid. You just know you're dreaming, but you need to give your conscious a kickstart, flick a light switch, find something weird. You can also go from lucid dreaming to this, if you ever get bored of it - set your scene and let the dream run its course.

Well the dream was about me being an assistant camp director (is that the right word) in a Prometheus camp (a non-religious camp in Finland). The people in the camp were exactly same as the ones who were at my camp this summer. We were consulting a conversation which was about to come next, and I suddenly realized that I have already done this conversation. Then I basically got full consciousness in the dream, and found myself kind of annoyed by it after a while.

The campsite also started turning more and more absurd without me having any conscious control over it.

Level 31
I, for one, don't appear to dream at all. Or at least I never remember any dreams I do have, which is the far more likely scenario.

everyone dreams, you just arnt remembering them

I get lucid dreaming fairly often.
I also get sleep paralysis quite often as well.

The latter is not fun at all.

that sucks, i'd get the shit scared out of me if i ever had sleep paralysis.

I don't see things but it feels like I'm being pulled into my bed (or pushed) and it feels like something else is in my room either looking at me or it being the force which is pulling me.

It's pretty weird shit and it's kind of hard to explain.

We like to call that force "gravity". :D

Well I know it >>
Back in ancient times people thought that it is demon or a witch sitting on you and trying to kill you. Nowadays people think that they are visited by aliens when they experience this.

It really depends on what you see and hear in your sleep paralysis, you may think that you're being visited by a rapist

Level 14
I don't see things but it feels like I'm being pulled into my bed (or pushed) and it feels like something else is in my room either looking at me or it being the force which is pulling me.

It's pretty weird shit and it's kind of hard to explain.

Yea that really sounds like sleep paralysis, i have read about it, you can't move anything but your eyes and you may feel that something evil is with you. But i have also heard that it's pretty easy to go to good quality lucid dream from sleep paralysis, so you can take advantage of sleep paralysis.

And reason of sleep paralysis is:
When sleeping, the brains force body to stop moving, so when you go to REM state, you don't start to do things you dream, in real world. That just prevents you from hurting yourself. Or killing that annoying neighbor.

Level 13
When I was little I occasionally suffered from sleep paralysis. I never felt any sort of evil presence or saw any hallucinations thought. I would just wake up but couldn't move my limbs, but I could look around. I only felt a little panic because I couldn't move, but I usually calmed down and knew it would pass once I fell asleep again.

I did usually feel a sort of need to move a certain, specific limb though. It was always a single limb which somehow felt to be in a particularly uncoformtable position, so I usually used all my concentration to try to move that limb. Never moved thought.

Level 30
I used to think of them as nightmares... But come to think about it, I was kinda half awake and I couldn't move. I always saw shit that was scary like hell... like gray and light blue shit sawtooth lines that went by really fast and stuff. The point is I couldn't move and it was scary like hell and it fucked me up pretty badly. I don't have those nighmares anymore though.

Level 10
I used to have Lucid dreams when I had TV in front of my bed and I started to watch a movie but I fell asleep before I finished watching it by not knowing it. Sometimes It gives me sleep paralysis, I was kinda watching movie but then I saw that movie's pictures were spinning, becoming darker like entering into dark room. This kinda scared me cause it felt so real and I couldn't move, it also made me feel dizzy as the movie's images were spinning. When I could move I was liek "PANIIIIC!! AAA" xD

That was kinda my first experience of that paralysis.

My huge post on the first page should cover quite a bit tbh.
You can just get a lucid dream out of SP easily because you've just come out of a dream and are probably still pretty close to falling asleep, so you can perform a WILD pretty easily, since you're that close to falling asleep anyway - if you get ripped out of a dream and don't move or anything, then try a WILD, you'll have pretty good chances of doing that.

Level 16
Well, seeing as just a few months ago he was telling everyone how he doesn't dream at all and was called out as a troll and admitted it, he's trolling.
Duh. Maybe.

Anyway. Most people are aware that they are dreaming after they woke up from their sleep. And self-induced Lucid Dream is also possible. I have one near-lucid dreaming.

There are quite a few cases of people with such bad dream recall that they believe they're not dreaming at all. It's definitely not unheard of. There are even some who can't even build up any dream recall at all during points of their life, usually during stress.
It is quite possible to have every dream lucid, or nearly every dream lucid. Certain people have the ability, for whatever unfathomable reasons.
As already said, you can induce lucid dreams in a number of ways (read my first post in the thread and the last one on page 1) - it's a talent to be learned.

So uh my latest lucid dream was about 2 hours ago. The first thing I can remember of it was having a car thrown at me and getting hit by it, and saying, "Car -- Dream!"

Level 7
I almost never remember my dreams and never had a lucid dream , thats sad... i have to try harder

Level 13
That's very strange. I don't dream, at all. :/

EDIT: And reading through all of this, I'd rather, you know, keep it that way. Is there any way sleep paralysis can happen to you unwillingly?

EDIT 2: I mean without lucid dreaming and whatnot.

I'm going to argue that you do dream, you just don't remember it once you wake up. Also who would exactly get sleep paralysis willingly? It happens if it happens and there isn't much your can do about it.

I tend to have control over my dreams sometimes.

I even had dreams about being a nightmare myself and terrorized other dreamers. Not sure if dream sharing events have occured in those dreams though.

I don't see things but it feels like I'm being pulled into my bed (or pushed) and it feels like something else is in my room either looking at me or it being the force which is pulling me..
There's a ghost in your room! =P
Just_Spectating said:
i destroyed a village with just hand motions once.
That makes me wanna think about the game Black & White. =D

Rui

Rui

Level 41
My dreams have been a little short as of late. Short or not, I'm not sure if I'm capable of inducing a lucid dream. I'd love being able to do that.
[...]
Just_Spectating said:
i destroyed a village with just hand motions once.
That makes me wanna think about the game Black & White. =D
I thought of Archimonde's sand toys instead.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Look, PurplePoot, just because something is unlikely it isn't safe to assume it won't happen. I have lucid dreams every time I get proper sleep, and I couldn't really care less what you think about it, but there is one thing I do care about, and that's being called a troll for every single statement I make. I'm not a troll through and through. You'll also notice that my previous claims of not sleeping at all and thus not dreaming were much more elaborately defended and argued for (on top of being completely ridiculous). Besides, trolling the Einstein-fanatic with Wikipedia-quotes claimed as his own was well worth it.

Level 40
Look, PurplePoot, just because something is unlikely it isn't safe to assume it won't happen. I have lucid dreams every time I get proper sleep, and I couldn't really care less what you think about it, but there is one thing I do care about, and that's being called a troll for every single statement I make. I'm not a troll through and through. You'll also notice that my previous claims of not sleeping at all and thus not dreaming were much more elaborately defended and argued for (on top of being completely ridiculous). Besides, trolling the Einstein-fanatic with Wikipedia-quotes claimed as his own was well worth it.
There's this great fable called "the boy who cried wolf". You should read it.

Try (poorly) to troll once and I'm not going to believe you. Keep making stuff up if you want.

Level 4
As with sex and maters of sexuality within most of our Westernized societies, dreams and dreaming are also relocated to being just another life's trivial matter. The experimentation within this field loses any meaningfulness when the individual comes to a blind realization, that people tend to keep off such topics, "preferring" to rather indulge in more "socially-appreciated" self experiences. Through such ends the person himself, at times, stops taking attention of his inner workings coming off the interaction between the conscious and the subconscious. While during the "waking" hours the bodily self tries to comit us to hold on to securing our survival position as the main priority, it's still unwise to dismiss sleeping and consecutive dreaming sequences at most as a medial daily routine. Not only do hallucinatory permutations of awareness come into effect while dreaming, but also important life-continuatory biochemical changes in our body, such as regeneration of tissues, or the ever-more seeked out relaxation.

Someone mentioned aliens and other surreal "beings" appearing in their visionary in the first phases of sleep carried by keeping conscious presence on and locked: lately this has been flowing a lot across my misty thoughtrealm, and being from a young age quite interested in the paranormal (especially aliens, even though materia, such as pictures, videos, stories, related to them still inspires a sense of unconditioned threat, urgency and just plain both physical and mental discomfort in me) I've tried hypothesizing on these experiences, but considering the mesmerizing and often devious nature of the subconscious it's really far from anything discernable. I'll try to elaborate in a wider approach also including the topic of auditory hallucinations and maybe (just maybe) felt changes in body shape (don't take it too literary), after I have taken my sleep.

Oh and how about a psychedelic lantern stimulating visual "cords" and in a way leaving the individual to easily enter hypnagogic state, for those who are starting out their own lucid dreaming sequences? Not forcibly, but I'll also take care to write a wordy introductory for it, expanding on aforementioned in other posts topics, unluckily left out by those who are most likely not keen on making observative assumptions (just a guess?). Now, just leaving a picture taken with my sleazy selfphone camera.

Attachments

• atvaizd009i.jpg
    atvaizd009i.jpg
    723.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Funny enough, that particular fable strengthens your argument just as much as mine. You must've skipped the finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.