• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I dreamed I could fly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
So, yeah, it's one of my dreams, again.

It started with 2 characters from Doraemon, to be honest. Don't stop reading yet, it's not the bamboo-copter, lol.

First, Nobita and Gian are doing something in a living room (whose appearance closely resembles my former house somehow), with Gian having a skeptic look on his face (probably because he thinks Nobita is going to screw something up).

Next, I am directly looking to a sort of robotic evil face supposedly made by or tied to Nobita somehow (at least I had that feeling), that says «I am your creation. And now your creation is going to overwhelm you.»

All of a sudden, I'm taken to a universe where there's galactic wars. Some female character is passing through the atmosphere (I see it from her perspective, I'm actually going through clouds, I think she had Nova's face though). Not on a space vessel, rather on some sort of spacesuit. She asks to land, but some voice (presumably a control tower or something) says that she must think of someone from 7th grade. She says «close, I was thinking of someone I met in 8th grade». However, they still can't grant her safe landing conditions, so they say «try France».

And that's when the scene jumps to me flying! I'm flying over a road and then over the Tejo river, but I seem to be heading towards Lisbon, or at least that's what I thought in the dream, but now that I think about it, in the the direction I was headed I'd have ended up in Costa da Caparica. Which is awkward, because France is in neither direction.
I also remember leaning forward but feeling something holding me in my belly, some sort of safety mechanism?
I flew above a patch of water and above some sort of town square that I'm pretty sure doesn't exist (not in that location at least), the word that comes to my mind to describe it is... plaza? Possibly tied to Sierra's game named Pharaoh.

The dream ends there =( pity, it was such an amazing feeling.

Level 17
dreamt*

I dreamt I could fly. (Dreamt = Action of sleeping - dream)
I dreamed about the future. (Dreamed = Dreams hopeful events or actions)

I dreamed a dream --Doesn't actually make much sense. Unless metaphor of (I dreamed (I want/I have a ultimate desire of a dream) of a dream)-His ultimate desire is his dream (So either His ultimate past desire, is his ultimate present desire, or his ultimate past desire is his current metaphysical state)

Courtesy of grammar nazi since 1929

Level 21
dreamt*

I dreamt I could fly. (Dreamt = Action of sleeping - dream)
I dreamed about the future. (Dreamed = Dreams hopeful events or actions)

I dreamed a dream --Doesn't actually make much sense. Unless metaphor of (I dreamed (I want/I have a ultimate desire of a dream) of a dream)-His ultimate desire is his dream (So either His ultimate past desire, is his ultimate present desire, or his ultimate past desire is his current metaphysical state)

Courtesy of grammar nazi since 1929

Then go speak to Blizzard because their "Spirit Walker" says "I dreamed of this" :grin:

Level 17
"I dreamed of this" --- This was his dream

I dreamt of this, --- He had a dream containing this

Its difficult without context to decide whether he used it correctly or not.

But yeh; besides Blizzard=American = Fail english xD #noracism

Level 3
enough with the grammar mumbo jumbo, dood. going back to the OP, that seems a peculiar yet interesting dream

The dream sounds so random - from nobito & gian then galactic wars then passing through the atmosphere then it jumps to be flying somewhere then you hover around a town square that resembles the plaza from Pharaoh (wow, i miss that game already)

well, all dreams are about random things I presume

Reactions: Rui
Level 21
But I don't think still that there is a difference between "dreamed" and "dreamt". It's the same difference between "learned" and learnt", "burned" and "burnt" isn't it? I looked up in the dictionary to be sure and there is only one verb called "dream" with two past tenses and these two meanings.

Level 16
i dreamed that i was chasing this particular bad guy and he flied so i tried to. first i jumped what it was like 20 high in the air and fell down. i tried again and for the 4th time i flied in what felt like supersonic. i caught up to him and strangled him on the air.
that was some vivid lucid dream i had because i knew i was dreaming after flying.

Level 35
Saturday I dreamed I was a Soviet sniper, defending the motherland from nazi invaders. I didn't actually do anything but boast to kids that I was a Soviet sniper.

Sunday I dreamed I was a Wehrmacht Hauptmann. All I did was yell at people and wave my pistol while they went to battle.

Pretty accurate description of how I'd behave in a war.

Status
Not open for further replies.