• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lords of Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hi everyone.
First of all I'm French so I'm maybe going to speak strangely.
I created this thread for two reasons.
The first is that I updated Lords of Europe 1.7 on Hive less than one weed ago. Someone tell me I stolen the map because I also uploaded an old version on Epicwars under another nickname. I'm the original author of this map (nTh]Nemesis, Yunyun. and now nTh]Yunyun.). I speak to the guy who think I wasnt the right guy. He reviewed his judgement. I deleted the map from the maplist because of the comments there were. I'm going to upload the new version soon.

The second reason is for asking comments about a new improvement I want to add. For those who know my map just give me your point of view. For those who never played to LoE please download the map (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/lords-europe-2-8-a-145506/)

Last System Added:
I reforged some of the ideas I seen in Emperor Jackal's Civilizations.

Influence System
• The more cities you have the most difficult it is to control them all. It will be more interesting to improve cities you have than expand without any subtility. Each city you control will cost Influence Points. Influence Points will be a total amount of some things like Teching Percentage and Army Size.
• A city you just took wont provide taxes. It will cost it for two or three minutes.
• If Influence Points are below Influence Needed for your towns there is a risk of revolution.

If those who already knew the map have comments or things you want to see in LoE tell me, I will think about it.

**********CHANGELOG LoE 4.0**********
(Italic: What is already done)
• New Models & Icons (for Pikeman, Huskarl, Cataphract)
• Heavy Metal Armor now takes 50% damages from Pierce Attack (instead of 60%).
• Light Metal Armor now takes 90% damages from Pierce Attack (instead of 60%).
• Medium Metal Armor now takes 80% damages from Pierce Attack (instead of 100%).
• Cavalry Armor now takes 90% damages from Pierce Attack (instead of 60%).
• Cossaks' Armortype changed from Heavy Metal to Cavalry.
• French Unique Unit: Chilvarous Knight (name changed).
• German Unique Unit: Huskarl, an anti-archer infantry.
• Liban Union now become Persia.
• Persia Unique Unit: War Elephant, a tank.
• Added few towns near Persia (Amman, Mossoul)
• Turks Unique Unit: Janissary, a better hand canoneer.
• Poison Arrows: 3.5 damage/sec (instead of 2).
• More differences between north and south buildings (Blacksmith, Outpost, Frontier Fort, Scout Tower).
• Added a Research to increase the Gold/Lumber limit.
• English Longbowmen now requires Imperial Age to be trained.
• Castle Age now requires: Illumination, Defend, Equerry, Imprvd. Archery.
• Imperial Age now requires: Workshop, Military Tactics, War Horse Training, Enthusiasm.
• Powder Age now requires: Ballistics, Marksmanship, Heavy Armor, Siege Mastering.
• Builder is removed from starting units. Its training time is also increased to 20 (instead of 10).
• Training time of Military builder is also increased to 35 (instead of 10).
• Collision Size of every units reduced.
• All Siege Weapon will only be able to shoot on buildings.
• Added differences between Towns (Capital = 300 Gold/200 Wood income, large cities = 170 gold/90 Wood, medium cities = 140 gold/80 wood and small cities = 100 gold/ 50 wood).
• You now starts with one city.
• The limit to take a city is now 1/4 (instead of 500). Medium cities have 2600 hit points (limit = 750), large have 4000 (limit = 1000).
• Almoheads Unique Unit: Mameluk.
• Hero can be revived at Capital (so available to resurrect at Dark Age).
• Ages are no longer researched by upgrading Capital. It's now a research (so that you wont be able to build another capital).
• An Emergency Ability is added to the capital-building. Enabled when the capital has >30% hp. Which allows to summon guards.
• Unit cost redone.
• Heroes' Abilities reworked.
• Units' Abilities reworked.
• Added a Battering Ram to the Workshop.
• Influence System Reworked: Researches now provide 2 Influence (instead of 1). Number of towns which claim independence now depends on how far you are negative in influence. Other changes incoming.
• Each Nation has now bonuses.
• New Ally System: Now available: Ally, Submit (Divert Income, Share Control), Neutral (Dont attack at sight), Enemy.
• Ally Max per game: 2
• Added percentage of damages/blocking in Damages/Armors types infopannel.
• Added a "Run" ability to all heroes, avalaible at start (French did learn Run at Dark Age =D).

Last edited:
Level 40
I personally liked the basic gameplay the way it was, but would suggest a few things.

A) Balance. Especially stuff like Huskarls.

B) Make it less imbalanced if one player ends up on one side of the map and everyone else ends up on the other. Perhaps divide countries into 12 "regions" and only allow one country from each region to be picked?

I would strongly suggest not overcomplicating cities, because it takes the game away from the best part (the combat and diplomacy). However, the Influence Points idea seems cool and it might prevent ridiculously large empires early on. Another possibility would be to make cities outside your nationality cost more influence (for example, for Kiev/Ukraine/Moscow, Russian cities would be effectively free for influence, Polish would cost some but not tons, and everywhere else would cost a lot).

Level 18
@Veljkom: I increased damages on Cavalry Armortype from 1.6 to 1.8 for Lance Damagetype (80% damages bonus).

For map preview if you have suggestions of pictures... just show me (noticed in loading screen or quests...).

@PurplePoot: When I first created unit I fixed their prices with constant functions (example : 1 armor = 40 gold, 1 damages = 1 gold...). So I thought they were balanced but obviously they are not. I fixed the thing with knights, what else ?

For the influence points I have been thinking of increasing influence needed for far cities (like add an aura around your capital city and every towns under the aura buff would cost less influence).

For "Regions" system I think people would like to choose their country, even if someone already takes France maybe someone else wanted to play Spain so I have to think of another system. Maybe spawns hostile on some strategic spot to slow the player progression ? (if Influence system is on maybe there wont be any problem of HUGE empires ?).

Level 40
Greek Huskarls, for example, are incredibly overpowered. You can't just use a formula and expect it to work; you have to test everything extensively (especially when damage/armour types come into play).

Also, why did you nerf knights? They were incredibly crappy and only useful for roar. A proper army makeup could take them down without really blinking.

Also also, bowmen are obsolete because of defend being so powerful.

Far cities: I disagree with this (hence why I suggested the "nationality" system above) because it would horribly nerf nations like Moscow who are in fairly sparsely-populated areas.

Regions: Well, maybe the regions could take that into account.

Here's what I would do for nations/regions:

Nations:
Africa and Asia Minor
  • Almohads (it isn't spelled Almoheads)
  • Egypt
  • Libya
  • Turkey
  • Byzantium

Western Europe:
  • England
  • Spain
  • France
  • HRE
  • Italy

Eastern Europe:
  • Poland
  • Hungary
  • Ukraine
  • Greece

Northern Europe:
  • Norway (Incorrectly named Finland in the old version)
  • Sweden
  • Muscovy
  • Kiev

Suggested regions:
France (France)
Spain (Spain)
England (England)
Italy (Italy)
Germany (Germany or Poland)
Barbary Coast (Almohads)
Egypt (Egypt)
Asia Minor (Turkey or Libya)
Russia (Muscovy or Kiev)
Scandinavia (Norway or Sweden)
Balkans (Hungary, Greece, or Byzantium)
Ukraine (Ukraine)

Could naturally be adapted somewhat, but that would do it and also keep the more "popular" choices available in tandem. It should also reflect the rough structure of Europe at the time (as much as can be done with 12 players).

Level 18
Wow what nice comments.
I'm on another project for now so the next version of LoE will wait a bit. But I will do such changes as soon as I re-open the map (in few days I think).

Thanks PurplePoot. Name is going to be noticed in quests.

Level 40
Lots of stuff in no particular order:

My army build which I have not seen beaten except by the ridiculously powerful Huskarls backed up by guns:

• Medium Infantry (or a spec nation med inf) with defend for tanks.
  • A few pikemen with defend for extra tanks and to get some melee anti-cav damage.
  • Lots of skirmishers since they do great damage and aren't blocked by defend, as well as counter the cav massing types.
  • Lots of guns when available.
  • Some healers to keep my guys alive.

I would get mortars, but they're so blatantly overpowered that it just isn't fun.

Note that guns need a bit of a nerf (they're far too all-in-one) as well as mortars (obviously), but the other units there are pretty balanced. The main problems are underpowered units, like cavalry (mainly underpowered because skims are so much better than bows that any cav against a good player will run into mass anti-cav) and bowmen (who will often kill themselves from defend faster than the defending units can get to them and kill them).

Oh, also, please fix the bug where African nations can get heavy cavalry from tier 1. Also, Byzantium was a European nation (and thus should have European, not African, units) regardless of its position and was actually the [remaining] eastern half of the Roman Empire.

Next, kings need to be rethought out a bit, especially since Tranquility is such a ridiculously strong ultimate, Resurrection is okay, and Reincarnation is pretty much useless. In addition, the fact that they have no revive cost means you can be rather reckless with them (as long as you can afford being without them for a while, naturally).

Next (although the new city system should fix this), Kiev and Ukraine are way better than anyone else at expanding early game--they have tough tier 1 infantry to kill guards, and bloodlust on said infantry to take towns rapidly--which sort of guarantees their victory unless the other players band up against them or the map layout is really imbalanced (as in one player in the west and lots of players in the east or something).

Finally, you should look at the stolen copies of the game--some of them had the occasional improvement (like making you able to move ships from the black sea to the Mediterranean) that you may want to look in to.

--

Looking forward to a new version. The game was quite entertaining (it definitely improved upon Europa in that aspect).

Level 18
You are speaking about improvements I already added. But some of things you said are not fixed yet.

I increased cost of gunmen and mortars. Byzantine is now a European country.

The bug with Tier1 heavy knights south has been fixed maybe 6 months ago :D

I have to nerf defend and to find a system which can avoid people would be alone in a corner of the map.

For the portals between black sea and mediterranean sea I dont see the point...

What are your suggestions to balance Knights ?
For Hero Skills I have just no idea...

Level 40
Alright, sorry about that--I assumed that all versions except for the original one were ripoffs (not sure whether they actually are).

As for the corner of the map thing, what do you mean?

As for portals, it doesn't have to be portals--it could also be shallow water or something. The point is to make you be able to use boats in the black sea, but I guess it isn't that big of a deal because boats aren't great against land in LoE.

Knights: I think if defend is balanced then knights will be useful (because bows will be useful so mass skirms won't be so great).

Hero skills: Perhaps consider standardizing them and not giving any ridiculous AoE ultimates?

Level 2
Your ideas are great, but focus on balancing the game first, some of the units, can t remember which cause it s a long time i last played. Else have a look at PurplePoot s comments, has lots of great ideas.
Bonne chance. mp moi si ta besoin d aide. ;)

Level 21
Well it isn't hard but Russia is far and you usually have to take care of closer nations. England can be pain but without ally they don't do much. But I actually am afraid from France. They aren't closed so they can expand very quickly and better players chose it on garena.

Level 18
Yes there's a big problem with England, it can just build only towers and trebuchet on the island then stay there for the whole game.

Noticed that I removed Defend from Pikemen since 1.25 (for model changing, model no longer has defend animations).

KK, did some changes:
• Defend now 15% chance to deals damage to attackers (30% before)
• Kings now have: Aura / Combat Skills / Body Guards or Healing Wave / Last Breath / The Last Stand
• Last Breath know needs level 9 (17 for second level). Cooldown changed from 240/120 to 180/120.
• The Last Stand know needs level 15 (26 for second level). Units revived changed from 6/12 to 10/15, mana cost changed from 300/400 to 400/500.
• Lance Damages changed from 1.8 to 1.7 on Cavarly Armor

I am working on the Influence and Nationality system.

Level 18
Do you think it can be a good idea to change Age Progressing from improving Capital to a simple Upgrade which increases damages, armor and attack range of Capital ?

EDIT:
I just wanted to add Floating Texts above every city (which shows name of city and owner). But floating text don't appear above certain towns. I have 128 cities, is there a limit to the creation of floating text ? (I use a loop to create them).

EDIT2:
Map updated !

Update List:
• Defend now 10% chance to deals damage to attackers (30% before)
• Kings now have: Aura / Combat Skills / Body Guards or Healing Wave / Last Breath / The Last Stand
• Last Breath know needs level 9 (17 for second level). Cooldown changed from 240/120 to 180/120.
• The Last Stand know needs level 15 (26 for second level). Units revived changed from 6/12 to 10/15, mana cost changed from 300/400 to 400/500.
• Lance Damages changed from 1.8 to 1.7 on Cavarly Armor
• Influence System: Each cities cost influence points (national cities: 2 points per city, foreign cities: 7 points per city / each unit provides 1 point, teching provides 1 point per upgrade)

EDIT3:
Someone asked me if there was an AI in the map.
I dont have any skills in AIing so I never think about adding it.
If someone skilled in AI likes my map, we can speak about AI adding together.

Last edited:
Level 21
So I hear you want AI? I am not sure how would it work but all you need is a list of units and upgrades. Also you would need to set condition that would make AI to stop producing old units. Considering there wouldn't be need for gold mines it shouldn't be hard to make it.

Level 18
So I just have to create floating text at 01.00 and 02.00 seconds ?

Nice, going to try now. Thanks

EDIT: Ok I got your message, 100 max floating text.

EDIT2: Map updated : I have balanced Influence System.

Last edited:
Level 12
Usualy i'm the guy that gives lots of good ideas and all. Good job though purple poot. Though I feel humiliated ç-ç (Don't give attention to it.)
I really don't like the Nationality system, I think it may restrict expansion a LOT. Though you can still try it though. And be careful to the areas of influence. Example: Russia is a big country, poland is a small one. So make the influence of russia a great one, but less population/less growth or something, and make poland's population and growth higher. Or make all influence areas equals. I downloaded and solo-played emp jackal civilization and didn't like it much. As I said, way too restrictive, and others things. Japan for example will always get owned.
Back to influence. The after-you-conquer-cost-city is a bit too nerfing. Low the time, or don't make it cost at all. Or increase initial income. If expansions get nerfed like that, LoE will take more time than it already spends, which is a lot. (A good LoE game costs me between 1 hour and 2 hours.) Or give some cities to the nation when it spawn. Maybe increase england a little bit? Take it easy with the Influence needed. And by the way, poor frontier cities. Take it easy with the attacking cities system too. Also, when some time passes, that city could be like more russian than french, or something. Like each minute that passes, the nationality increases by 5% or something. Also, you could add a emphasizing system: Since it is Lords of Europe, there could be only kings. No democracy and such. Though you could add a system to how rule your kingdom: be a more pacific one, that have armies nerfed a bit but income increases a bit, be more religious one, and making muslims/priests spells better and crusaders (which almost no one EVER uses) stronger than standard units... (even if you don't add this, power crusader a bit, he's too weak for ppl to use.) There it goes. Infortunaly not as pretty as you guys write, but... i'm kinda newb at posting in forums and all. Keep the good work.

edit: Didn't saw the new version. Gonna host it and play it soon enough. Increase food capacity/decrease influence points needed, like pomelito123 said. Last version I played was 2.5... so you already added influence system? Damn. Gonna play it soon enough. Nice screenshots. In which server you play? Cuz this is not popular in US.East, though I try to make it so. If you have a contact in there, ask him if he can make a bot or something. Gonna host it now. And my dearest thanks and compliments are on the map's forum.

Last edited:
Level 18
Ok I'll give the news.
National System is finished ! There's only the Influence System, population rate is, as you said (sasuke-kun) and as said PurplePoot LoE is NOT a civilization war. This is already a long map (true, one or two hours is the time I spent for a game), make population growth and all that is bad for the gameplay. I'm gonna add this system on a new map I'm working on (A civilization war, economy based on towns again but with the mana=inhabitants system).

I play on Northrend (I'm French xD) and I dont have any contact on Us East or West or whatever :D

But I'm glad an american plays my map on american servers \o/

Thanks for comments and idea.

EDIT: But there's always bugs with Influence System so if someone can help me with testing...

EDIT2: I'm also seeking for nice screenshots so if you have some tell me please :)

Level 12
I take out most of the things I said. The Influence system is so... dynamic... that it makes the game way more thrilling than the previous versions. It takes strategy to a whole big level, and even some safety, cause you know one can't attack now, or if he is weak or not... Or even if you're a big empire (like in the final moments of my first play on 2.7) You gotta control your cities, since even if you upgraded everything and have max food it is not enough influence... something like Star Wars, the original trilogy ya know xD Rebels attacking the empire... oh well.

I've played 2 full house games so far, and they all looked great. In the second one I couldn't finish it, but it was going to be epic... but my sister entered the damn pc. I got a replay ( a ENORMOUS replay ) on the first one. It looked really good to me. I didn't find a good moment for a screenshot, but next time i'll play i'll try to. Could you describe what would be a good screenshot? And you know how to change my image? I already tried to load a less-than-100x100-pixel-image-and-that-is-lighter-than-256kb but it only appears on my profile, not appearing on my post. You know how I could fix that? Thanks. By the way, the map is really good. I don't know any suggestion to make it better.

edit: "Goffterdom: And now Riots can only take place far from your capital so that you will always have few towns to make sure you can keep playing. "

Err, on both games I was Poland Lithuania. On Both games I had riots on the city next to my capital, as well as Swedish city Just a bit north. They were the 2 places I had more riots, so I always left some teutonic knights on there. I don't remember if I made another capital somewhere else so that military builders could be somewhere faster, but if so, try making that the most upgraded capital be the true capital. Or allow only one capital to be build, like the Market; or whatever the new name is. Also liked the changes you made in some parts, like a new entrance for Poland Lithuania, or the "way" from sweeden to Denmark. Also, make some more places for ports: the few places Poland Lithuania have, the ships get stuck between the port and the entrance to the land. I know a bit of french by the way. And Northrend? Damn Undead European map-makers, go play this will ya xD ( http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../?prev=search=Lords%20of%20Europe&d=list&r=20 ). Though I really like undead.... >_> ( I found this map random around just to make this joke, no advertising. Though it does seems interesting, i'm gonna test it.) Great work on your map, keep it like that.

edit2: Hum, where in France do you live? And if it is like... 06:00 pm on GMT -03:00, then what time is it there? Just curiosity.

Last edited:
Level 18
Its 09:08pm (now)

Thanks for comments.

Future improvements:
• Riots finally fixed (I HOPE)
• More room for shipyard

For your picture problem I dont know why I'm sorry, also new on this forum :)

EDIT: A nice screenshot is a screenshot who shows one aspect of the game (for instance a heavyily reinforced outpost or an epic battle). Or just whatever which seams nice :)

Level 12
Well, I don't know what hours you sent that, so it is kinda confuse.
and walls costs 50 wood.. except for vertical, which costs 100.

edit: huge bug. You know town hall plan? It does not make a capital. It makes a normal human castle. Kiev tried to gryphons mass me... fix that please.

edit 2: I got excited. Got lots of screenshots... though I didn't got the replay D: Goddamn, that would be one good replay ya know. The bad thing about it is that many ppl leave at beggining, leaving some few countries to make war. If all stayed, it would be awesome. I'm thinking at making a clan of Lords of Europe. But I already make part at COM (Dark.Revenant) wanted to make part at Hive (Gloomfrost and I'm not sure, Dark_Nite) and Sirs (Catar, Felfox) so... (those are all american clans of american ppl, and usualy map makers. They're all famous for they american jobs. I wonder if there are any games spread there on europe? Metastasis..? Werewolf Transylvania? Phase Killer? Mafia? Russian Roulette? Oh well. Most of them are on hive.. anyway.

How do I put the screenshots here?

edit3: Loading them. They take a while to load. Loaded. Ok... Wonder If what i'm doing would be sufficient to get a spot on the... dreamful... wonderful... err. You know what. Gives bad luck if I say what is it. Hopefully i'm helping enough to get a place on it.. be on the ........ of one of my fav game :cute:

Attachments

• Attackin Liban Union Capital.jpg
    Attackin Liban Union Capital.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 305
  • Best Base.jpg
    Best Base.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,520
  • BUG.jpg
    BUG.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 953
  • Destroying the bugger.jpg
    Destroying the bugger.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 632
  • Greatest Army.jpg
    Greatest Army.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,666
  • Kiev's undone..jpg
    Kiev's undone..jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 320
  • Mighty King.jpg
    Mighty King.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,715
Last edited:
Level 18
Mighty King is the only screenshot I really like. Anyway castle bug has to be fixed, I'm on the way. Thanks for bug finding.

EDIT: Map updated!

EDIT2: Screenshot best_base is also really nice !

Last edited:
Level 12
Thanks. Need help with another thing? If so, just ask.
Bonne chance. Me cherche si vous avez besoin d'aide. :D
See? I can talk it... a little bit. Didn't get it on the google translation, just tried to remember the words a LONG time. I was too formal using vous? Since I already know you a bit..

edit: 'Nother suggestion. Maybe you could put in a custom soundtrack? It always makes the game more thrilling. Examples: Hungry Hungry Felhounds and in other minigames or battle arena games, Mortal Kombat theme fits the job perfectly. I feel nostalgic everytime I hear it. DBZ Games, a dbz opening fit it well. Phase Killer, (Dark.Revenant) have moonlight sonata, which fits in PERFECTLY into the mistery, suspense, and death things. Maybe you could find a music that fits into all the epic strategy and killing? Or you already know a music that fits well... Horn of Cenarius sound for examples all leaves me excited in the begginning of your game (and many other strategy games, since many authors had the same idea.) Another idea: Maybe you could add another hero for each faction? A prince or something. Maybe a mercenary hero? A representant of the king or something.

Keep the good work. Gonna test 2.8 now...

Last edited:
Level 18
I always thought that music was too heavy (I dont know how to say, I mean a music= lots of kb) for maps (maybe I'm wrong). And I dont want LoE to be too long to download.

Concerning French things we never use "vous" (you have to say "le vouvoiement") when we speak to another forumer so using "tu" is perfectly correct dont worry (;

A new hero looks like a good idea but it means more abilities to think about and more models to use.

Level 12
You may not recognize it, but the custom soundtrack on games are either: normal wc3 soundtrack, but awesomely organized, only-campaigns-music-for-wc3, like Power of the Horde, and PIECES of musics. (Phase Killer, Moonlight Sonata. It have 8 minutes of music and it is divided into 3 main parts. The first and third part are used on the game. Since on music, things usualy repeat, Dark.Revenant got the beggining of that part till it repeats again with some different musical notes, but nothing really different. Resuming, the music got pretty light.
About french, I'm learning it at school. Usualy kids use tu cause they are... kids, you know. Happy, innocent, etc. And for friends, 1 grade family (Parents and children, to grandpas for example vous is more used. In my opinion at least) but if you say so, I can't deny. You're french after all.
New heroes: I see. Well, you decide. If you can work that out slowly, good. If you can't, it is ok, LoE is great now. By the way, 2.7 attracted way more ppl than 2.5... strange. Oh well. 2.8 working fine, though I didn't had time to check the town hall plan thing. Keep the good work

Level 12
hihihi. I had a SO nice idea to what to do to the defeated nations... Of course I'm not saying it. At least not openly. Maybe for Goffterdom.

edit: Anyway, I wish I could play with you. Maybe I make a Northrend account or something, just to play with you :D (Though it wouldn't be such a nice idea, since there are so much languages I don't know about and all...) and I forgot about something I was going to say.

edit2: remembered. Will you add any of the screenshots I posted? If yes, when? You said you liked Mighty King and Best Base...

Level 18
I already added them :D
If you want to play with me wisp me on Northrend: "nTh]Yunyun."

About your idea this is the same idea than "Liege" or "Colony" in Glory of War. I think I'm going to make this improve for GoW first then for LoE.

Level 18
How do you want me to improve it ?

And for the feeling you have, I have the same. I'm thinking 'wow such a great map, but I would improve it a lot!'. And then you create your own map.

This is why I'm currently working on Glory of War.

Level 12
hu... actualy it was kinda a stratregy, not exactly a improvement but I guess you can also make it work. I make my opponent give up, and I destroy everything except his capital. He make a church, and revive his hero. Then I make a fortress for him, and gear him up, and there you go, a mercenary hero for myself :D Another leading hero, scout/spying missions, etc

Level 18
I never thought about submit another king xD

I was speaking about improvements because the defeated player will be able to rebuild his base. But he couldnt have the possibility of unallying his ruler. Only the ruler will be able to break their pact.

Level 12
Don't say it out loud :O Well, believe me, it works really well. First of all my ally (HRE=Germans) just killed moskva. Which wanted to be safe on my base. Then I though a little, and did that. He was really useful to me. Though I could win without him, everything got easier with him. And again, I'm not sure it would be a good thing going in your realm to play with you, since there are many languages I don't know, and everything would be pretty confuse. But I'll try.

Edit: Now. I'll try now. Friday 04:00 pm.

Edit2: You're not on Ç_Ç. Friday 04:30 pm.

Last edited:
Level 18
Huhu I'm not always playing warcraft :D

Dont worry about languages, players mainly speak english (excepted for French who are too stupid to speak another language than their own).

Level 12
Thank god you're a exception. LoE would be lame if it was in french. And we need to meet somehow. Your GMT is Greenwhich one... which means it is +3 hours my time. So, when are you online today, sunday? 10:50 here (13:50 there... you're propably lunching or something.)

Level 12
How do you want me to improve it ?

And for the feeling you have, I have the same. I'm thinking 'wow such a great map, but I would improve it a lot!'. And then you create your own map.

This is why I'm currently working on Glory of War.

yeah, it's definitely what I mentioned. you should mix up civilizations and medieval total war series.. with an amazing "realistic" civilization life improving feature and again realistic, grouped army fights.

did you ever played soldiers and generals map?

Level 6
hi i have thought of a cool feature (it may be impossible but just a suggestion)

i don't like how it's so easy to just roll over someone. you capture their city then it's emidiately ready for use in conquering them. even though it's population should be decimated and in no mood to help you launch a campaighn. in history nation only really "gained" territory after piece was declaired. otherwise the territory was simply "occupied"

my idea is that when you start conquering the enemies areas they become "occupied" and they belong to you but you can't use them. when you declair "peace" you get points based on the areas you conquered and the armies you killed. you may then spend these "points" buyng his territories (giving you full control) and everything else is returned to him. (just a note he won't be able to exact vengence because his army is shattered and thanks to the "influence" rule he'll be spending his time quelling rebellions. just a thought to keep the game alive (it sucks when you get defeated and then there are only 2 people left fighting each other. you need to spice it up.

Level 18
For Influence System I think I'm going to change it, to simplify it. I mean, it really slow the game and there are some bugs I really dont like. When you capture a foreign city if you dont have enough influence it will instantly rioting. So that cities under your control wont riots but you wont be able to conquer new territories if you dont have enough influence.

For your idea I think this is a new system which will slow the game (like Influence System did) and which too far from the original idea of the medieval warfare. But as I said, I'm working for now on a civilization-kind map which I think will include lots of system I couldnt add on LoE.

But you are true, this is strange that a newly conquered city instantly gives resources. But I think this is an aspect of LoE I should not change.

@Luffy: I dont remember if it was this map but I played a map were your "Leaders" were your units and your troops were controled by a computer. You had the control of them but it was easier to control your leaders. When you gave an order to leaders all the unit group was obeying. Before I played this map I tried to make a leading system. Some people told me it was full of laggs for a large map. I had some other issues so I decided to remove this system for another one (a "Mass Control" system).

I dont really know if I got what you said about medieval total war but Glory Of War will be a Civilization Map with fantasy race based on same "Town-Taking" system. But with different economy system and LOTS of different things.

I dont say your ideas are bad, I find them good but I think LoE should stay what it is, which mean a strategy map more based on war, strategy and diplomacy than on economy.

Level 18
Map Updated !
2.9 changes:
• Influence System reforged: You won't be able to capture a city when your current influence is below your needs. Instead of spawning hostiles, cities will just claim independence (control given to neutral passive).

Someone said AI was very hard to make for a such map, I'm not skilled at so I really think someone else should do this.

And what improves can you expect for the map ? (something else than AI I mean).

Level 12
Map Updated !
2.9 changes:
• Influence System reforged: You won't be able to capture a city when your current influence is below your needs. Instead of spawning hostiles, cities will just claim independence (control given to neutral passive).

Someone said AI was very hard to make for a such map, I'm not skilled at so I really think someone else should do this.

And what improves can you expect for the map ? (something else than AI I mean).

I've just tested ver 2.8 yesterday, lol .. At some point, my influence points got below of needed influence points and I saw none of the cities have rebelled/changed group. But now I understand, the reason was that you've set it to spawn hostiles, but now this new change ownership system has been better :wink: I am downloading the brand new version right now.
You should add normal cannons too (other than mortars), it would be cooler maybe. Meanwhile, that age coming after feudal age, is it "castle" age or "castel" age the correct name of the age? Also it would be cooler if you fix that spelling error if it is an error. Musketeer etc models at soldiers & generals map are perfect. You should take a look.

note: oh, and I guess income showing text is bugged

Level 18
@Luffy: More imported models ? Map's already 1mo :( I have to think about it.
It is Castle Age you are true.
What do you mean by income text bugged ? Less gold awarded than what it says ?

@SasuhKun: I did'nt get what you said, you think spawning hostile was better than just change the owner ?
And I couldn't say "FINAL VERSION" because they'll always be things to fix, things to add or just colors to change so I could just write "Ended Project".

Level 12
GOFFTERDOM! THIS IS NOT A ENDED PROJECT! 2 things, first. THE NEW INFLUENCE SYSTEM GODDAMN SUCKS! Sorry for the language, but... That was the FIRST time I lost in LoE. FIRST. GODDAMN. TIME. And it was ALL fault of Influence system... it is bugged. After I lose a city, I can't TAKE It anymore. Even if I have influence. And even If I had lots of armies and technology, I couldn't get any more city, and I just keep losing cities, even with armies and all... it is pretty bugged, completely unplayable... Or you make it like it was before, or you de-bug it... and I reccomend lowering the international cities cost to 5 instead of 7... and also, increase the influence that technology gives you, cause I couldn't get any more cities cause I had some units AND technology, and I couldn't get anything more... and it costs more and longer to do a technology then a warrior, so it should be more valorized. Please, fix that, soon, sooner, ASAP, I want to play LoE... I lost, and I left, because of that bug, I feel so ashamed Ç_Ç PLEASE FIX IT, before I begin to cry ç-ç (First time losing LoE... and it was because of bugs...) Goddamn, read this, fast, FASTER, FASTEST, PLEASE, FIX IT Ç_Ç

From what you said... It is more REALISTIC, but it is BETTER what you did last (if it wans't bugged) And if it is Castle Age you need to fix that too...

edit: DESPERATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Ç_Ç

Level 18
Just play the older ver. I will try to fix bugs tomorrow. I need a beta tester.

EDIT: I'm sorry for the bugs but I dont have any beta tester and I test it solo there were no bugs. Maybe I did'nt try every issues.

I'll be glad to test it with another player please contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.