• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

looking into a makeing a campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I want to make a campaign but dont really know where to start.
Looking for a story line or something to have the campaign based around.
May have more than 1 part to the campaign.
Any help is welcomed with open hands.

Level 10
Well I've got an idea you can use, quoting myself :p

I've got a map idea for you. (Just making one up, needs to be balanced/changed in some places maybe)

Here it is:

Journey to Atlantis

It's a game where you can be 5 players, each one has 1 hero. If you die, you have a small chance of dying for ever but a big chance to revive.

The "age" is something between modern and future. (But no laser guns yet.)

You travel over the water (atlantis is under the water) to find the way gate to atlantis. Your crew is 5 heroes (players) and some other guys who help you, maybe marines or something. On the way you meet evil guys and stuff, but when you come to the waygate it doesn't work. You need to go to another place and find a energy crystal to make it work again. And when you travel to the crystal you meet more evil guys who want to protect atlantis from the humans. When you finaly get the crystal and power up the way gate, monsters come out that you have to fight down. After killing them you get into atlantis and you explore it. But l8er when you are exploring, more evil guys come and try to kill you.

Commander (John)
Primary Attribute: Strenght
Str / lvl: 1.5
Agi / lvl: 0.7
Int / lvl: 0.3
Starting Str: 20
Starting Agi: 18
Starting Int: 13

Damage: 45-65
Range: 475
Armor Type: Steel
Armor: 5

HP Base: 250
Mana Base: 100
Reg Base: 0.75
Mana Reg Base: 0.15

Ability 1: Reinforcements
Calls a group of marines to fight for you. Marines have low damage but fast attack rate. Marines also have a chance to evade an attack.
Ability 2: Gas
Gases nearby enemy units. The gas gives them -5 armor and -50% ms. They also have a big chance of missing an attack.
Ability 3: Randomous Rifle
The randomous rifle gives 0.2%chance of stunning and 0.5% chance to gas an enemy.
Ultimate: Recall
Recalls a random number between 1-15 of marines to help you fight.

Sergant (Connor)
Primary Attribute: Agility
Str / lvl: 0.9
Agi / lvl: 1.2
Int / lvl: 0.4
Starting Str: 15
Starting Agi: 22
Starting Int: 11

Damage: 35-45
Range: 500
Armor Type: Iron
Armor: 5

HP Base: 225
Mana Base: 75
Reg Base: 0.55
Mana Reg Base: 0.25

Major (Micheal)
Primary Attribute: Agility
Str / lvl: 0.8
Agi / lvl: 1.3
Int / lvl: 0.3
Starting Str: 14
Starting Agi: 21
Starting Int: 10

Damage: 25-55
Range: 450
Armor Type: Iron
Armor: 2.5

HP Base: 200
Mana Base: 85
Reg Base: 0.50
Mana Reg Base: 0.30

Arkeologist(guessing how its spelled) (Samantha)
Primary Attribute: Int
Str / lvl: 0.5
Agi / lvl: 0.8
Int / lvl: 1.4
Starting Str: 12
Starting Agi: 17
Starting Int: 24

Damage: 15-25
Range: 400
Armor Type: Leather
Armor: 1

HP Base: 150
Mana Base: 150
Reg Base: 0.35
Mana Reg Base: 0.75

Scientist (Patric)
Primary Attribute: Int
Str / lvl: 0.7
Agi / lvl: 0.7
Int / lvl: 1.6
Starting Str: 12
Starting Agi: 16
Starting Int: 25

Damage: 15-25
Range: 400
Armor Type: Leather
Armor: 1

HP Base: 150
Mana Base: 175
Reg Base: 0.45
Mana Reg Base: 0.55

Only made spells for Commander cause I got out of ideas.

Hope you like the idea cause i sat here wroting it for some time....

Edit: If you want to make this a campaign you can always make the Player 2, 3, 4 and 5 Computers.

Level 17
You should try and do it yourself. Make sure you get into the mood, right music, right atmosphere and all. Like when you write music, sing, play an instrument or write. See what you yourself come up with. From one simple idea can stem even more, just like a river and it's many tributaries. Remember, all you really need is one idea. For example, this one idea can be the Orcish hierachy are slaughtered. What can that lead to? Chaos and mayhem in the Orcish communities, brawls, deaths and then the humans picking off different clans because they are weak now without their leaders. Perhaps the Orcs are doomed or perhaps (to stay away from WCIII) an unlikely alliance with the Night Elves is begun. Who knows. See what you come up with. ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.