• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Campaign Idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey,

I'm looking to create a new campaign based in the warcraft universe but am in need of ideas. I'm looking to create an alternate lore map, where the first mission is a real lore event, but that mission ends with something major happening to cause a different outcome, i.e archimonde succeeding in destroying the world tree, but don't use that one :p.

It can be any time from the troll wars to before cataclysm but like I said, I have no idea what to do ! Ideas would be very appreciative and your name would go into the credits.

ATTENTION!: If you are interested yourself in a campaign partner if your doing an alternate warcraft lore campign or want to input with something your help will be appreciated!

Level 28
How about taking off from the last Rexxar mission, with the change that Admiral Proudmoore doesn't die (his body raggedly hanging on to life solely through his willpower and hatred of the orcs), and is taken away by his remaining loyal soldiers.

(Cheap excuse, yes, but if it's good enough for movie and video game sequels it's good enough for me.)

The following missions follow Proudmoore nursing himself back to health (aka Level 1), rebuilding his power, and generally being a nuisance to the Orc-Human peace projects. Maybe throw in a "locate a powerful artifact" dungeon-crawl, have a mission split (à la Starcraft 2) if Proudmoore decides to kill his traitorous daughter, the final mission being to destroy Orgrimmar.

Level 28
More ideas:

I don't know much about the troll wars, but a campaign ending with the trolls still being a major power (so the High Elves are weaker, but the trolls don't need to ally themselves with the Horde during the Second War) could be interesting.

A short campaign focusing on the fall of Arthas after the last Reign of Chaos human campaign.

Level 14
How about a Nerubian Campaign?

There are still remnants of the Nerubian Empire throughout Northrend. They want their realm back, so small skirmishes begin appearing throughout the continent. You follow the path of a powerful Nerubian Warlord. With the Forsaken, Alliance, and Scourge all clashing, the Scourge has been weakened severly.

The campaign leads up to an assault on Icecrown, in which the outcome will determine what happens next.
~Victory and the capture of the Lich King will draw in UD forces, allowing for a massive last battle. (You control the leading forces while all allied units are AI, with 10 invading UD armies. It would be similar to Helms Deep in terms of gameplay.)
~Defeat will lead to your flight of Northrend entirely. It ends after you set off to sea with a "To Be Countinued"

If any of the elf-orc-human alliance are present, they are ignored (nuetral passive) unless you attack them or they attack an expo, in which case they become enemy starting up to a 4-way battle (Nerubian Empire vs. UD Scourge vs. Forsaken vs. Elf-Orc-Human alliance).

I don't know if he orcs are still allied at all with the alliance story-wise after RoC; if they aren't then they aren't included.

The Burning Legion could be present I suppose as a possible 5th faction. Not as a major invader but some of their forces remained after the event at the world tree.

//\\oo//\\

Level 8
I also like the nerubian idea, since the nerubians one of the least appearing races in wc3 ^^

Else I would suggest you the nagas and Lady Vashj's appearing. Somehow, she had to join Illidan, didn't she?

Level 9
If this isnt final,I would suggest a time-portal story?
The United Forces(Human+Orc+Illidan's Forces+Nightelves+Creeps) and the undead take on each other at Kalimdor.You could make the first scenario of the Heroes trying to convince to let the creeps join them.At first there is a stalemate,then the United forces hit upon a plan to open a time portal to recall the forces of lordaeron at its full glory.The battle soon becomes one-sided and arthas is defeated miserably.But they return to find an even stronger burning legion,the undead and the fel orcs.Lordaeron demands that the United Forces help them out (Which they have to,otherwise they will be dead before they will even know it).A battle even catasclymic than the first(or was it the second?) awaits...

Status
Not open for further replies.