• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fires of Escaldur Introductions Missions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Hive!,

So here we are, the first two missions of the campaign Fires of Escaldur, which has finally begun progress. I'll get a Map Development thread up as soon as I can, where I will pile information (but I need a banner, first =]). This two missions are not part of the campaign, rather a short tutorial to introduce you to the world and lore.

If you have ANY questions, whether it be about the gameplay, about the lore (if you don't understand something), I will gladly listen to your feedback and respond. Asking questions about the lore would be really helpful, since it gives me time to expand =].

If you find ANY bugs or problems that shouldn't be there, I would appreciate it if you could tip me off.

NOTE: Nothing in these two missions is imported. These two missions were created rather quickly, and the only purpose they served was to give me a steady ground to create the rest of the campaign.

Attachments

• Orc Mission I - Heart of the Fire.w3x
    76.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Orc Mission II - Kindle and Ash.w3x
    56.3 KB · Views: 85
Level 25
Ok going to type a few things I noticed:

There are no hotkeys displayed in the tooltips, please fix this as hotkeys are very important, especially for a fast paced map as yours. QWERTY hotkeys would be awesome to have.

Mauhagr has the same voiceset as the Grunts.

There is no quest displayed.

Spells for the "Hero" would be nice.

And.. Could you make the "hero" a hero? Disable experience gain if you need, but it just makes it easier having the hero icon in the top left so I can rally units to him easily.

The Humans have the name of "Computer (Normal)", you can fix this by going to Scenario-> Force Settings and check "use custom forces" and "Fixed Player Settings".

The "hero" died, nothing happened.

It's just some small things, you'll fix them quickly, but it's the small things that make a map good ;)

Level 25
Also, why are you using waits between the cinematic transmissions?
  • Introduction
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 6.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Peon 0012 <gen> to Harvest Gold Mine 0005 <gen>
      • Unit - Order Peon 0007 <gen> to Harvest Gold Mine 0005 <gen>
      • Unit - Order Peon 0013 <gen> to Harvest Gold Mine 0005 <gen>
      • Unit - Order Peon 0022 <gen> to Harvest Barrens Tree Wall 0031 <gen>
      • Unit - Order Peon 0023 <gen> to Harvest Barrens Tree Wall 0038 <gen>
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Gashagr 0024 <gen> named Gashagr: Play No sound and display Mauhagr, my nephew..... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Mauhagr 0008 <gen> named Mauhagr: Play No sound and display Uhuk... took me to .... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 7.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Gashagr 0024 <gen> named Gashagr: Play No sound and display Yes... he told me h.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 7.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Mauhagr 0008 <gen> named Mauhagr: Play No sound and display We were about to le.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 7.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Gashagr 0024 <gen> named Gashagr: Play No sound and display Humans? They killed.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Unit - Make Gashagr 0024 <gen> face (Center of Region 001 <gen>) over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Gashagr 0024 <gen> named Gashagr: Play No sound and display Damn them all to He.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Mauhagr 0008 <gen> named Mauhagr: Play No sound and display They have a small t.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Unit - Make Mauhagr 0008 <gen> face (Center of Region 001 <gen>) over 2.00 seconds
      • Wait 7.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Gashagr 0024 <gen> named Gashagr: Play No sound and display Not if I have anyth.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 12.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Mauhagr 0008 <gen> named Mauhagr: Play No sound and display Take to them your w.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 7.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Gashagr 0024 <gen> named Gashagr: Play No sound and display Yes... the humans w.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 8.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply Camera 002 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Move Gashagr 0024 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 001 <gen>)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Mauhagr 0008 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 000 <gen>)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
Each of the cinematic transmissions are set to be a default of 5 seconds, to change their length you do:
  • Cinematic Talk
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Gashagr 0024 <gen> named Gashagr: Play No sound and display Hello nephew!. Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Gashagr 0024 <gen> named Gashagr: Play No sound and display Hello :D. Modify duration: Set to 1337.00 seconds and Wait
Click on the "Add" and change it to "Set To", because right now you have the default of 5 seconds per cinematic talk and then an additional 5-7 seconds of the characters staring at each other. Like they have to breath heavily after they have said something.

And you need to set Pathing - Placement Requires: Buildable, for the Pig farm as right now it can be built inside doodads, etc. :)

And I require a blacksmith for the Warg Riders.

I like the story sofar.

Status
Not open for further replies.