• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Lithion's Awakening SPRPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hmmm. I might just do something like that. I haven't put in much as far as comic relief and wasn't really planning any, but this might be a good idea. I was also thinking it would be a good time to display general hints and tips about the campaign.

Level 14
Thanks everyone!

@Mythic: I have thought about that. And I have changed the bed models a few times. The most recent models include one that is much wider from the 'Wood Stuff' models on XGM by Longbowman.

I've got some more info to drop on you. I have a small collection of some of the items in the campaign. These are some of the ones that involve triggers so they are in the map for testing purposes at the moment. Since I was able to capture some screenshots I thought I'd share some. Keep in mind most of these items would definitely not be attainable at this stage in the game.

Lets start with a few of the common items that actually would be available. They have small stats for the most part. Every once in awhile you can find a common item that is actually pretty nice. (No sense in having them all be trash)

Common 01.png Common 02.png Common 03.png

Next are some of the rarer items and these in particular are some of the better rare items because they have extra triggered abilities on them

Fire Scepter.png RB Gauntlets.png Blade of Retrib.png EnlightenedCM.png

Of course there are more Unique items that, as I've said before, can only drop once each time you play through the game. They are triggered drops from bosses, minibosses, quest rewards, chests, etc.

EX Axe.png BloodButcher.png

There are also Elite items which are basically a greatly increased version of Rare items

FS of Escape.png Assassins Blade.png

Epic items are extremely rare and very powerful. The chances that each hero has more than one epic item would be extraordinarily small.

Harb Mace.png Stone of Em.png

The campaign will also have sets. Each class of weapons has a few different sets and the items themselves are a lot like normal items of that particular class, but when they are joined together in a set they become some of the best items in the game. They are needed when you get to the tougher bosses in later chapters.
Here are some items belonging to a unique set called The Legend of Edward Ironfist III
Edward Set 01.png Edward Set 02.png Edward Set 03.png Edward Set 04.png
Here is the completed set (It is combined simply by having all 4 pieces in one of your heroes inventories)
Set Full 01.png

Another example of a set would be Durinor's Mountain although I only have one piece of the set and the completed set (The other pieces weren't in the game so no screenshots) Each completed set offers an additional bonus on top of the combined stats of the separate set items. These bonuses show up in green at the bottom of the stats list.
Durinor Set 01.png Set Full 02.png

Enjoy!

Level 14
I've been having some fun making some item abilities. This particular one is for a Holy Fire Scepter (I may change that, but that's what it is so far) a rare item that has a usable ability. The caster creates a whip of fire that sweeps around 360 degrees and damages any enemy it hits for between 150 and 200 damage. (I don't know why but I feel like damages are more fun when they have a range rather than a set number)

The effect came out really well IMO

199238-albums6032-picture89467.png

Attachments

• Holy Fire Scepter.png
    Holy Fire Scepter.png
    2 MB · Views: 104
Level 14
Indeed, you could also tweak that straight line on top a bit.

I made it so it accelerates as it goes around so the angle every .03 seconds increases which would attribute to the straight line look, but in game it is basically unnoticeable, so it's nothing I'm going to worry about. I think I will increase the dummy effect a little to blend them together more. I also think I'll move the entire thing closer to the caster rather than have it so far away from him.

Level 14
The icon is fantastic! How creative and resourceful.

Thanks, it's just the liquid fire icon, but I thought it looked like a sphere at the top of a scepter so as long as it's called a fire scepter I think it fits pretty good. There are actually quite a few really good WC3 icons, I've been trying to use them in some unorthodox ways. But I still have to download quite a few custom icons because, lets face it, there are just so many amazing ones out there.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Glad to see the project growing 'wings' (your going to fly one day baby)
Ohhh and for the skills eye candy couldn't you find another model that looked like a fiery whip, but on the complmenting side you are a very resourceful guy.
Good luck with the project though.

Level 14
Glad to see the project growing 'wings' (your going to fly one day baby)
Ohhh and for the skills eye candy couldn't you find another model that looked like a fiery whip, but on the complmenting side you are a very resourceful guy.
Good luck with the project though.

Thanks bethmachine. I like the models I use for the fire whip (I may come up with a different name) just because of the great ribbon effect on the phoenix missile. It actually looks a lot better in-game when you can see the entire motion. (hard to capture in a screenshot)

Level 28
Any updates? Would love to see more from you. <3

Its not even been a couple of weeks since his last update. lol.

I actually like people who works with their project in a slow pace instead of rushing things and post updates every couple of day or so. From my own experience you'll lose motivation pretty quickly if you work like almost everyday on your project.

Level 14
I certainly appreciate the support. It absolutely helps my motivation, but I'm afraid there isn't much of anything to show right now. I've just been working on some triggers here and there, and I've been fairly busy so I haven't had a lot of time to work on new stuff. I'm hoping I will get my new computer back in the next couple of weeks and I will be able to do things more quickly. As of now I'm using my laptop and it is very very slow...

Level 6
Thumbs Up for Wooden PCs' As We all have/had one (or more than.. ) :D

Anyway, I got crush'd down when spot-ed the overview look :O

Level 14
So here's a little update (very little)

It's something that I think is kind of cool, but probably wont really be noticed but I'm doing it anyway. Since Lithion's abilities all deal with him using his swords/blades I have made a little system that detects the type of unit hit by the ability and uses the corresponding blood effect. For instance, undead have a different color of blood than most normal creeps. Mostly you will see a lot of red blood splashes, but now you will also see, green, purple, and for mechanical or stone units you will see sparks and dust clouds. So far I think it looks good and adds a little to the maps.

So far I have:
Normal Units == Red Blood
Undead Units == Green Blood (I might use purple instead. Can't decide what I like better)
Bugs == Green Blood
Stone, Iron, or Armored Units == Dust or Sparks

I have them all classified differently to do this. Undead are obviously classified as Undead. For Demons I use the Tauren classification but I haven't made a blood color for them yet. For respawning units I use the Giant Classification so I can tell if they should be respawned or just killed once. For the Stone or Armored Units I made them Naga so I can do a race check. I'll probably use orcs as a race check too. I might make the Bugs be 'orcs'.

It takes a few If/Then/Else functions, but the results are nice (not to mention changing a lot of things in the game interface.

This will be my last update for about a week since I'll be going on vacation until the 17th. But since I don't update all that often anyways I'm sure no one will notice haha.

Level 14
Well, I'm back from Mexico, but I haven't had any time to work on the project yet. But once I get back in the normal swing of things I'll post something.

I appreciate the support!

Level 14
Thanks, I just learned that my computer is fixed and I'll be getting it back on Friday so that's good news. I'll be back to work on the campaign next week.

Level 10
Looks really cool and with my own campaign my main purpose has been to set up the standarts of wc3 campaigns "to the next level", there should be especially more high quality RPG Campaigns and an Open World System is a 'must have' in this category so I'm really looking towards to play your campaign and wish you good luck ;D

Level 14
Thanks for the mega-bump. I have my computer back, but that also means I've had a chance to play the Diablo 3 expansion for the first time so it has been taking a lot of my time on my comp. I think I'm about burnt out on it though and it will be back to my good ol' standby WC3. I'll update when I have something worth showing. Thanks for the continued support even in my absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.