• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Lithion's Awakening SPRPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey, do you have plan to upload this in Map Section when it's finish ? Also, that screenshot looks awesome !
223635-albums6286-picture87386.gif

Level 14
@ APproject and Heinvers: Thanks, I have been trying to make it look as good as I can.

@ BandolXD: Eventually I'll want to upload it but that is a long way off. Maybe I'll be able to link an alpha after I get some decent quest progression going.

Level 14
@Hell Master: I agree, I'll add in some cracked and broken stone flooring probably. Possibly some old wooden flooring. I'll have to experiment and see what I like.

Level 14
Which tile are you talking about? Do you mean that ruined floor model? I was thinking about dressing it up with small broken stones and things of that nature. Or are you talking about the dark dirt tile?

Also, just to mix things up a bit I've been working on a world map of Milian. I decided I had to do something else until I gathered some more inspiration to keep working on terrain. I'll probably do some more coding as well. But for now here is some small progress I have made with my world map.

Attachments

• Milian Map.png
    Milian Map.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Level 14
@Sonofjay: I found the background on google then drew the rest by hand

@BandolXD: it's pretty huge with a lot of imports I believe around 98 MB currently.

@Heinvers: Thanks

@APproject: Hahaha! Now that's all I can see. Well it wasn't intentionally done like that I can assure you.

@CakeMaster: I can see that now haha. I may have to tweak it a little so it doesn't distract

Edit: I've added a newer version of the map. I think once I changed the area that looked like Spain the rest doesn't look so familiar. What do you think?

Attachments

• Milian Map.png
    Milian Map.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 97
Level 14
Thanks Hell Master.

I need an opinion on which of these two you like better for the mountains around The Broken Fortress. The first one just has regular mountains and the second shows cracked mountains. I'm not sure which one I like better yet.

Attachments

• Milian Map.png
    Milian Map.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 123
  • Milian Map New.png
    Milian Map New.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
Level 31
Looks different now. :) As for the mountains, it depends on what are you trying to tell by drawing it. If these mountains are not special in any way and no different from the rest of the mountains, then it should keep its common form as in first image, but if the mountains are different somehow, or the Fortress is built upon the mountains, then I guess a different marking is a must. :)

Level 14
Well the fortress is built into the mountains and this is all set in a fire and brimstone type setting so I was thinking of making them look more menacing, or some of the lines could even be streams of lava flowing outward. The more I look at it the more I like the second one actually.

Thanks for the feedback APproject

Level 14
I've been working on a new ability for Lithion. I really like the way this one came out. I'm afraid the screenshot doesn't do it justice but I'll try to explain it.
When it is cast Lithion begins attacking in all directions and a swirling blade special effect is created. The part that I really like is that I create two dummies of Lithion that are darker and somewhat transparent. These dummies move around sporadically and attack in all directions. The effect ends up looking like Lithion is furiously slashing around and moving so fast that he becomes a blur. One of these days I'll get a video of the abilities (maybe make them into GIFs)
The ability ends up doing damage over time in an AOE. I think I might increase the size of the AOE as well as tweak the damage and duration. But that is all easy to change.

By the way I may as well add an updated version of the Milian Map so here ya go:

Attachments

• Furious Blades.png
    Furious Blades.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 105
  • Milian Map New 2.png
    Milian Map New 2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 116
Level 14
I gain some inspiration for my terrains from your marvelous works, keep up the good terrains coming.

I've gathered a bit of inspiration from your new terrains too. Thanks!

Wow, I've just looked through the opening post and realized that my screenshots are very out of date. I have changed a lot of the terrain, many of the systems, and even some abilities and the hero models. Why does it feel like so much work to update the first post...

Last edited:
Level 14
Thanks fellas. I appreciate the support. I wish I had some great new screenshots for an update but lately I've been working on touching up a few rough edges like fixing some systems that are as old as the campaign as well as a bunch of leaks from old triggers.

It's amazing how much I had done before I learned some of the most basic things. I can see a progression of the work as I've learned new things.

I created a new system for opening chests and sleeping in beds that doesn't use Dialogs anymore. Instead they are abilities that can be used with the 'shop sharing' ability (or something like that)

I also added a new miniboss fight. After clearing out an infested house you enter a hole in the wall that leads to a cave swarming with bugs. At the end of the cave is the miniboss (Anubarak model). He has some adds as well as an ability that causes him to fly in the air and periodically drop eggs that break open with some maggots inside (that attack you) I think I'll probably add one more ability that has to do with him burrowing in the ground, but I don't really want to do an impale ability
Any ideas are always welcome.

Other than that I have been working on some secrets and some quests (the most boring for me :/ oh well) Maybe I can find some screenshots that I havent shown yet. If I do I'll be sure to add them right away

EDIT: I added a screenshot of the miniboss fight in progress. After his health drops to 5000 or less he flies in the air and heads toward the back of the cave dropping 4 eggs along the way that release maggots as they hit the ground. There is a lot happening in this screenshot. I will add more later to make things more clear (Hopefully)

Attachments

• Krythiss 01.png
    Krythiss 01.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Level 14
@ Mythic: Basically it is just a system where I made beds into units. You can select the bed and it has a custom shop sharing ability without the arrow above the hero. I have 3 different sleep dummy items that can be "bought" (they don't cost any gold) they each have a separate number in stock to signify the number of hours you can sleep in the bed. (6, 12, or 24) This passes the time of day quickly which can be beneficial since certain events only happen at night or during the day. There are also things that will happen in 2 days for example. So now you can sleep for a few hours and don't have to actually wait 2 days if you don't want to.
I'll see if I can put up a screenshot today to show you what I mean

@Bethmachine: Thanks I hope so

@Heinvers: I agree, the best part about them, IMO, is that you never know when one might be coming so they can be exciting and dangerous.

EDIT: I added a couple screenshots of how the bed system works. Nothing fancy, but like I said it allows you to pass time more quickly which becomes important in the game.

Attachments

• Bed System 01.png
    Bed System 01.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  • Bed System 02.png
    Bed System 02.png
    452.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Level 14
@Mythic: Hahaha. Well I guess it is mostly symbolic rather than having the heroes snuggle up in the same bed. No love system in the works as of yet.

@sonofjay: Consider yourself in when it comes to early versions (alphas or betas or whatever) in fact anyone who has posted here will probably be sent an invitation to test it out. I hope it lives up to expectations.

@Bethmachine: Thanks for the support as always. I believe you are on the list for beta-tester too when the time comes.

Level 14
Ok here is an update with a few screenies.

First of all, you saw the bed system that allows you to pass time more quickly, but there is also a system for resting on a bench or chair that allows you to regain all of your lost health and mana. Again it is very simple, but can prove to be very useful.
Bench Rest.png

Next the chest system (which uses the same basic mechanic of the bed and bench system) I just made custom abilities that can be used by adding a shop sharing ability to the chests.
Each chest has different options for opening it. Some chests are simply unlocked and therefore just need to opened
Chest Open.png

Other chests have multiple options like breaking them open, picking the lock, or using a key. These chests require certain things to open. If you have enough Might (Strength) you can break open some chests (especially Rusty Chests). If you have enough Skill (Agility) you can pick the lock. And obviously if you have the correct key you can open a chest that way.
Chest Break Open.png Chest Pick Lock.png Chest Small Key.png

Some chests have set rewards others are randomly chosen items.
Chest Reward.png

You can also search shelves for things like keys, potions, small items, gold, etc
Shelf Search.png

The last thing I want to show are some of the Unique Items I've been working on. I have added hundreds of items so far, but these are just a few I happened to get screenshots of.
Item Gorbaak.png Item Perolynx.png Item Verrax.png

These items are unique and therefore will only ever drop once throughout the campaign (They are usually rewards from Golden Chests which only occur once per map)
Other item classes include common, rare, elite, epic, and legendary. The Legendary items are basically the highest form of unique items. Other items like the rare, elite, and epic items may drop more than once, but become increasingly uncommon.
Item Lifeblood Amulet.png

I have also modified some stats. For example Strength, Agility, and Intelligence have become Might, Skill, and Spirit. Hit Point Bonuses come in the form of 5 points per "Courage" and Mana Bonuses (Energy) come in the form of 5 points per "Wisdom"

There are some other item abilities like Enlightenment that has a chance to replenish half of your heroes Energy when using an ability. Another example would be Crushing Blows which are basically just Crits.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
I like the usual posts of updates, why this is one of my most supported projects.
I'm loving those simple and easy to use systems.
Any info on combat of the map?

Level 14
Any info on combat of the map?

Well I want the combat system to be more ability based than just auto-attacking. I have a Damage Detection System that stores the attack damage done by each unit and some of the abilities are based off of that damage to make using abilities more useful. I also have a custom stat on many items called spell power that factors into the damage of abilities (Along with strength, agility, and intelligence of course)

The abilities have shorter cooldowns and somewhat lower mana cost, but mana is generated quickly for each unit. For Hundalor it regenerates per second. For Lithion it generates per attack. For Glainor his abilities don't cost any mana, but have longer cooldowns. His mana is used as his shield meter. He takes no damage until his shield runs out (and breaks) and after he is out of combat long enough the shield is repaired and his mana returns to full.

Level 12
A very good and interesting project, a new world, new heroes, new spells, it has an exciting description and the screenshots look very good. Good luck with it !

Level 14
It will be freaking awesome if the chair rest system have a sitting animation.

I wish! But sadly the models I use don't have the required animation. So basically the screen goes black for a second and just says "A few minutes later" and fades back in. Nothing exciting. I'm open to suggestions to making it a little more interesting though.

P.S. Thanks for the nice words

Level 28
Well obviously you should dream of having someone to animate them for you but since that is near impossible.

Maybe a few funny conversations between the Heroes will do. I always love my rpg to have a little bit of comedy here and there since very serious RPG tends to be dragging for me. But always make sure that their conversation have something to do to past quests and events to not make them too random.

Status
Not open for further replies.