• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lirch has to go

Should Lirch be removed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Avator, just give up, no one agrees with you. I hate Lirch too, but I'm not going to bother beating my head against a wall arguing with people. Most people like him, he really does't do any damage, and he's not going anywhere.

Level 34
Great motivation that is, Gilles...

If so many people want him to stay, fine. But I want a saved ignore list. I don't see why I have to be the one doing the extra stuff because other people like to be the brainless bunch.
Motivation?

Saved ignore list would be a nice feature, however you are being extremely selfish and childish. Please try and be more objective when talking in Site Discussion.

Level 14
You have to realize that if the staff started indulging everybody's petty requests people could come up with: "I hate all the Hive's themes. Why should my eyes suffer for other people's lack of taste? I want a custom made theme for me." or for example "The reputation system is so bad, why should I have to look at rotating gems? I want a custom built feature for me so that I can disable all gems."

You're basically asking the same thing, although the topic at hand isn't as blunt as these two examples.

Level 7
When I first came around this site, I thought lirch was a person, so I started talking to him. I thought he's Py's best friend :D

Well, Lirchie doesn't bother me. The only thing I'd want from him is a custom greeting... He should be a chat feature: Lirch: On/Off

~Nich

But I want a saved ignore list. I don't see why I have to be the one doing the extra stuff because other people like to be the brainless bunch.
Saved ignore list is kinda meh because you can forget you put someone on it a few days before. If you get what I mean.

"...I want a custom built feature for me so that I can disable all gems."

Adblock the images :D

Level 14
I'm pretty sure you can just tell Lirch to not greet you. I did that, but I don't remember how. Anyways, Lirch is a pretty retarded idea for a site chat, but at the same time if it doesn't hurt anything and it doesn't piss Ralle off, then who cares?

Level 36
Making a big deal out of insignificant little things seems to be "in" right now. I guess that's a good thing; it means there isn't anything serious enough to actually QQ about.

{EDIT}
It's a useful tool for chat moderators, aswell. If I ever needed to get a copy of a log of the chat, Lirch always logs so I can simply ask Pyritie for it.

~Snap

You may as well ask Py for the program he uses to log it. I have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
I'd like to make a few statements, please.

First of all: Void, as a moderator, you should know about double posting and how to edit a post to prevent it.

Also, everyone here might have noticed that I haven't posted anything since I said it's fine since people keep posting that they don't mind, and that you keep talking about it.
Maybe that helps you realise that you're the ones trying to make a drama out of this subject, not me.

Thread can be closed.

Level 35
...This thread is retarded...

Lirch is a real bastardized abomination of ripped up coded parts, and I despise the little lime crack...but unfortunately...

The bot has been sanctioned by Ralle, and has gone through all the necessary changes to be 'acceptable'.

But I would like to note that if it HAS been advertising its link to everyone and their mother in an annoying fashion...

"Don't do it again."

In essence, there is nothing we can do about the twerp.

Lirch is a real bastardized abomination of ripped up coded parts, and I despise the little lime crack...but unfortunately...

I coded him myself. Originally I used a few snippets from Hakeem/wyrmlord but I've gotten rid of those and made my own versions since then. :D

Only code left that isn't completely mine is a line or two from Poot so unicode will work.

Level 9
Kind and usually when he enters the chat-room he would usually say hi to the person who enters. Makes it feel welcoming to the new, and it has to me :) .

Level 27
That's what ^welcome clear does. Stops Lirch from welcoming you.
Okay, but what is more reasonable for a default?
  • A standard greet.
    Or
  • No greet.
If a user enters the chat, he is usually greeted by Lirch, MasterHaosis and people who know that member. Should we ban them just because they greet somebody?
No. Consider if someone greets everybody.
The greeting is just silly, but he has other very useful features.
Yeah, but it's a nice feature, for those who like it.
Kind and usually when he enters the chat-room he would usually say hi to the person who enters. Makes it feel welcoming to the new, and it has to me :) .
This is my original motivation to greeting everybody who entered the chat. To show them that the chat is working and that we can see them. Looking back though, greeting everyone, later making the process automated, and adding advertisements to it (such as, "Befriend Mecheon now! <link to profile>"), was spam. (I actually got kicked for that specific ad. :p)

Avator, if you don't mind, could you attach a poll to this thread asking whether or not greeting everyone who joins is spam? Also add options for advertising in greets and whispered greets.

Level 18
I've had someone who couldn't join the chat at all because he just registered to the Hive. If they can't even join the chat, there's also no reason to check if they can talk. And those kind of stuff should be announced in general, because they don't know why or for how long they can't join the chat.

I've had someone who couldn't join the chat at all because he just registered to the Hive. If they can't even join the chat, there's also no reason to check if they can talk. And those kind of stuff should be announced in general, because they don't know why or for how long they can't join the chat.

You can't join the chat for an hour after you registered to stop people from creating new accounts (and then going ragemode) as soon as they got banned from the chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.